It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About getting your page on Googles front page

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
So about getting you website listed on googles front page.

I have it site mapped, listed under local business's on Google maps Google+, I submit the site to Google. I added search words(tired) to the webpage tags

So what am I missing?

What else can be done?

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Do sites pay for their position?

As in, you can't even make the first few pages w/o an extortion fee.

I also think they use use traffic analytics. So if you put your links in other sites all over the place goog crawlers will read them and update, putting the most viewed and linked sites further up on their search. May take some time to update?

Here is a link to an article, you've prob already seen it, but they have some basics covered...
tips

edit on 6 by Mandroid7 because: added link

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Buy the top spot out. Google Adwords is a shortcut that can get you your top ranking. I spend about 6k/yr to buy out the top spot on page 1 (via a Google ad) on 7 or so most common search terms.

Beyond that, have you gotten your metatags laid out on each page? Each image, etc? Especially images....Google doesn't crawl pdf's. You have to tag the hell out of your images.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
How about SEO? Are you trying to avoid paying for SEO here?

You can possibly get someone like the local yellow page company to do some stuff to help drive the organic stuff a little more for a couple thousand. Maybe even work a trade deal with them for part of it.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
- Get backlinks from High PR/reputable websites that are related to your websites focus. For example: If your website is about Gardening, try to get your website linked as a reference or source of useful information on a quality Gardening website.

- Add your website to High PR directories.

- Content, content, content. Content is king. Provide your visitors with useful, relevant, updated information. Google loves unique, relevant content. You will rank higher, far easier, by putting most of your efforts into adding quality content to your site.

- Buy backlinks. ***Highly risky*** It does work when done properly but if you get caught Google will destroy your SERP rankings. Not worth the money or risk in my opinion.

- Add image Alt tags. Don't spam the tag though. A pithy, precise description of the image is sufficient.

- Guest blog. Add a link(s) to your website in the content.

There's a few for ya. Getting front page rankings on Google takes a lot of hard work especially in competitive sectors. Websites about niche topics are far easier to get ranked well. The SEO world is complex and ever-changing. Find some good SEO forums & join. You can learn a lot.
edit on 15-6-2015 by falafelballz because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-6-2015 by falafelballz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I have a friend who is a licensed building inspector trying the same approach. I had a popular blog. I posted one blog on google naming him and his company, project etc. It was a short intro. In 10 min...a search of his name, company and a few bits mentioned in my blog brought up google search results on page one at least 3-4...

My former musical group was written about on Facebook, Myspace, Salon, Google Blogger...and to this day...search pages 1-2 and part of 3...all are about the band and myself...still....after 7 years or so. At least 10 search results....interviews, articles, advertising, all appear one after the other page 1, 2, 3 etc.

My privacy is important, so I wont give out my examples....only because:
1. This is what makes membership at ATS so unique....and we don't care to promote anything, gloat or stroke our or my egos.
2. After 11 Top 10s, and some movies and tv shows, it doesn't matter to us any longer. Those records were in the 50's- 60's etc.
3. I am trying to help you but giving you something that worked without any google "rankings".

Get something...article...story etc...on what you want to come up...publish it on Google....and forever...it'll be there, and pop up when searched for.

Sorry I don't know about their ranking system....

Good Luck.****

MS

***PS I have never hidden my group or my name, and though named as one of Billboard Magazines Top 100 Rock and Roll Groups of all time...its not hard to find anything out these days. So, I don't volunteer, but Ive never hidden anything either. That's one reason I like this site so much. It feels like home. And I am an EMT-1st Responder now and newsletter editor...and the music is back in another lifetime...but we still get lots of mail, and still some royalties/sales

Get something written into a Google Blog...after, the comp, person, subject will pop up there.

edit on 15-6-2015 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I can't afford the overhead right now but everything is tagged.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Hmm. Maybe I can network a journalist for the local paper

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

well...i suck at it. I do half ass marketing out of necessity, and try to pay people who know what to do whenever financially feasible. There are a few fantastic replies in this thread, though.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

I was surprised myself that it worked...I (just an average guy)...blogged about my friends businesses (2 diff. friends) in Google...and in minutes their companies popped up page 1 iin Google Search.

It may in fact be a "Google" thing...post in them first...pop up in "search".

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   
That's not a very big list of what you have. There's heaps more that can be done but I no longer know much about SEO or search engine optimization. It changes all the time so you can't learn all the tricks.

What used to work is to have your site listed on as many reputable sites as you can. Submit it to directories or listings that tailor your site.

Page title is important. Keeping it updated. Having lots of content in it.

Don't use images as links to other pages. Skip the fancy buttons. Yes I know ATS does this but it doesn't matter, thryeve established their website. Keep links to other page at the top or to the left of page

Really I've forgotten. Used to be able to master getting on front page.

Google S EO or search engine optimization, learn what that means and follow the tips. See what works.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Number one your URL should be exactly what it is. No hyphens, easy to remember and spell.

No you cannot buy ranking unless you want to buy a big fancy add to put on top search.
Earning a ranking takes time. Lots of valuable content helps. Of course tag words help the searches come up. Page title is most important. That's the clickable link in the search results.
Naming your pages correctly. uhyfdhuihuh.html is not gonna help u get someone into a page about the product y ou sell. Productname.html works better. Don't use uppercase letters in page file names

edit on 18-6-2015 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: falafelballz
- Get backlinks from High PR/reputable websites that are related to your websites focus. For example: If your website is about Gardening, try to get your website linked as a reference or source of useful information on a quality Gardening website.

- Add your website to High PR directories.

- Content, content, content. Content is king. Provide your visitors with useful, relevant, updated information. Google loves unique, relevant content. You will rank higher, far easier, by putting most of your efforts into adding quality content to your site.

- Buy backlinks. ***Highly risky*** It does work when done properly but if you get caught Google will destroy your SERP rankings. Not worth the money or risk in my opinion.

- Add image Alt tags. Don't spam the tag though. A pithy, precise description of the image is sufficient.

- Guest blog. Add a link(s) to your website in the content.

There's a few for ya. Getting front page rankings on Google takes a lot of hard work especially in competitive sectors. Websites about niche topics are far easier to get ranked well. The SEO world is complex and ever-changing. Find some good SEO forums & join. You can learn a lot.

Good advice.
Yes content is very important . You have to make your site relevant.

Alt tags good too.

top topics

join