It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Do Fear? Here Are 10 Phobias!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

I have a buddy that has numerous phobias. They include: snakes, spiders, clowns, and flickering lights. You can imagine all the opportunities that they present to an asshole like myself. I still send him clown pics. I tell him that it's to desensitize him to them. He claims that it's because I'm part of the evil clown army.

I tried to find a gif with snakes spiders clowns and flickering lights and instead I found this, your new avatar

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

That's right. I like to spread the fun around.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
You're welcome.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I have a fear of:

Pregnancy
Drowning
Heights
Babies
Closed in places
and gravity no longer existing

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
You're welcome.

Or...and alarm clock that mimics the sound of a child puking. THAT will get you up every time too! lol...

How do you explain a phobia that simply appears out of nowhere as an adult? I'm not going to say what it is... But I literally woke up one day with two phobias that are completely inexplicable and baffling. These are things that I used to LOVE and never had a bad experience with. Then one day **poof!** Suddenly and unexplainably, I am terrified of them.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: CIAGypsy

Or...and alarm clock that mimics the sound of a child puking. THAT will get you up every time too! lol...

Yeah it will. Especially if you don't have kids.
About your new phobias: That's weird. I don't know how to explain that one.
edit on 18-6-2015 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

Depends...

Who are you asking?

Watson/Skinner - Conditioning

Beck - Learned experience that manifested now

Jung - You are part of the tidal pool of ultimate consciousness and therefore prone to it's negative manifestations such as fear, anxiety, and phobia.

Freud - You're in love with your mother...father...I don't know you choose

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: KyoZero

Depends...

Who are you asking?

Watson/Skinner - Conditioning

Beck - Learned experience that manifested now

Jung - You are part of the tidal pool of ultimate consciousness and therefore prone to it's negative manifestations such as fear, anxiety, and phobia.

Freud - You're in love with your mother...father...I don't know you choose

Allport takes the cake!

What Do Fear?

Topic.....know nothing psychologists!!!! I'm much worse now than when I started therapy 10yrs ago.
edit on 19-6-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

ok first the joke part...lol Allport :-)

Now the serious part...I am sorry you experienced terrible psychological care...people don't always belong behind a PsyD/PhD/MACP

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Now the serious part...I am sorry you experienced terrible psychological care...people don't always belong behind a PsyD/PhD/MACP

Yeah, I'd like to take that "meta" BS and stick it up that PHds Gerbode!!!

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Yeah, I'd like to take that "meta" BS and stick it up that PHds Gerbode!!!

I've only been a therapizer for 4 years...but my entire opinion is that we are meant to be nonjudgmental sounding boards who challenge notions when needed and guide with questions on occasion. Otherwise...we need to SHUT UP and let clients be human beings with flaws, mistakes, and indeed their perfections too.

I've seen some horrific decisions made that made my jaw hit the ground and in one case report to the APA and ACA at the same time. I have a client who does not attend my PTSD group due to scheduling and attends another "well-regarded" group

The facilitator suggested the group rent and watch Kids and The People Under the Stairs...to people with PTSD...who have been assaulted...without any safety or context

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

It is possible that you have accessed memories of past or future lives and there were circumstances you dealt with in either instance that are now a conscious memory. Whatever those fears are it may be necessary for you to confront them in order to overcome them. I would try dream therapy, where you program yourself to seek specific answers and allow yourself to remember then in your waking consciousness.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join