It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Do Fear? Here Are 10 Phobias!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: highfromphoenix

See below!

After seeing this movie...I know why!

edit on 15-6-2015 by soulpowertothendegree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

Speak for yourself! Why do you automatically include WE ALL? I do not fear lack and loss. I do not attack others. How dare you infer that I am defensive and lacking? Did you look at yourself in a mirror while you wrote this and decide to project your own insecurity into my thread? Shame shame shame!

PS You and Cersei have much to talk about!

edit on 15-6-2015 by soulpowertothendegree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

You're so nice. I don't know what I would have done without that. Thanks so much.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
a reply to: wasaka

Speak for yourself! Why do you automatically include WE ALL? I do not fear lack and loss. I do not attack others. How dare you infer that I am defensive and lacking? Did you look at yourself in a mirror while you wrote this and decide to project your own insecurity into my thread? Shame shame shame!

LOL - I rest my case.

Yes, WE ALL get defensive (fearing lack and loss)
and in that mode we attack others. This can be
very subtle and often unconscious.

Sage advice: "Don't take things personally."
This is only possible when we are conscious
and self-aware. Otherwise we become
victims of our own immature emotions.

Remember: "I am a participate, not a victim."

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I've learned to be afraid of fliers that sting. Learned young.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I fear crowds, hate that crap!

I also have a fear of spiders, moths, cotton wool and people.
edit on vpmMonday51pm630 by valiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: valiant

When I was a kid I saw the movie Birds and OMG!

I was hysterical for years any time I saw a large gathering of birds flying anywhere near me!

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Well you dared me!

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

THIS IS MY FEAR!! THIS RIGHT HERE! OMG! NOOOO!

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I fear nothing anymore. I'm beginning to think I'm broke morally and emotionally because of it.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

Now that's scary!
Good to see you on, by the way. You doing okay?

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Yeah I used to love that film as a kid, was freaky as hell! me and me Mam would watch the Hitchcock classics on late summer nights

mblahnikluver

NO! I want to un-see that right now

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
OMG Spiders freak me the hell out! I do what's called the spider dance when I see one. More like jumping up and down and screaming!!!!!! I love snakes, lizards and frogs, but spiders...NO WAY!

A couple of months ago there was a spider sitting on my kitchen floor. I was wondering what the cat was staring at so intensely. I swear that sucker could have been a baby tarantula or something. It was the first time I ever cried I was so scared. LOL I've been looking all around, up and down every day since then, just in case. LOL

Last night, again the cat was staring at something. I thought OH NO, but it was just a little beetle bug. Swat, crunch and gone to beetle heaven!

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Of course i speak from experience, but it was not a chair it was a hammock, i was not that fat ass at the time, but lets just say i learned the hard way the Coccyx is full of painful nerves.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: highfromphoenix
Arachnophobia who isn’t afraid of spiders?
The people who like spiders freak me out more than the spiders.

I understand spiders perform a function but they still freak me out!!!!

Wife and I have five tarantulas as pets including one with a hefty pack of venom...not enough to kill...but enough to put a serious hurt on you

Love all of them...we even named one Snuggles because my friend said "Name him Snuggles. Then people will be like I want to meet Snuggles and you say OK!...then BAM! Tarantula!"

I love em all...very fun to watch and two them will sit on you all day and just chill

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

Remind me to never go to your house!

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

But they are so fun :-)

My wife is an Entomologist and PhD student...she studies insects and we have all manner of creepies around the house

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I was bitten by a brown recluse and had to literally cut the infection out of my arm, I was still so sick for days after I became dehydrated and had to go get iv fluids. I hate SPIDERS !!! (funny aside, I wrote a thread recently that hate was not allowed...what a hypocrite I am)!

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

They are largely misunderstood. I am NOT saying you aren't intelligent...just want to put that fire out now before it starts

But they are misunderstood. Spiders do not want to pick fights with us. We are a hundred+ pounds...We are 5'0"+. They are an ounce or a few (not all cases) and know that we could end them in a heartbeat. That's why spiders give tons of warning. For example, New World Tarantulas have urticating hairs on their backs. If you piss them off (see also scare the bejeesus out of them) their first warning is they will use their two rear legs and flick them at you. Usually it does nothing to humans but to a predator who just got that in their eyes...ouch.

warning 2 is raising the front two legs and hold it or standing up. Warning three is opening their chilicerae (jaws)

Warning four...well there is no warning four. BUT many powerfully venomous spiders will dry-bite (aka: use no venom at all) as a method to make you leave. Make no mistake, mechanically speaking a big enough spider bite will hurt like hell but you'll be fine. If all else fails then they will wet-bite and then the problems start. Spiders do their damnedest NOT to wet-bite. It takes a lot of energy to rebuild their venom supply.

Bear in mind I am not saying that this little set of paragraphs will cure a phobia by any means, but this explination was my beginning into the tarantula world. I was exceptionally arachnophobic to the point that seeing a daddy long legs (harvestmen...they are not spiders but arachnids) I would not sleep until I knew that one was dead and the entire room was checked. Then I learned and finally met Cecilia, a pink toe and the chillest tarantula on Earth. I pet her back, then a leg, then I let her quickly walk over my fingers...next thing I knew I picked her up.

Now...I have five of my own.

Make no mistake, I love arachnids but I wouldn't go make out with a Wanderer...but the last little tidbit I will leave is this

Even the Funnelweb, supposedly the only spider who "picks fights" does NOT pick fights. Most spider bites are due to fear and protection or many times, not seeing said spider and missing their warning signs.

Sorry I just went off majorly on a tangent

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I have a buddy that has numerous phobias. They include: snakes, spiders, clowns, and flickering lights. You can imagine all the opportunities that they present to an asshole like myself. I still send him clown pics. I tell him that it's to desensitize him to them. He claims that it's because I'm part of the evil clown army.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join