It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Co-opting words/acronyms for disinfo purposes?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Another example... kinda the same but kinda different:

While trying to research synthetic hormones vs. natural hormones, I repeatedly received results about bioidentical hormones instead of the phytoestrogens I was looking for. Bioidentical hormones are synthesized from phytoestrogens (natural hormones from plants), but are by no means "natural" once processed. Nevertheless, if someone does not know to use the term "phytoestrogens," they will only be directed to bioidentical hormones.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Go check European annual fiscals for Google. The top three shareholders will shed some light on this sleight.

Have you tried alternate engines? List of internet search engines

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The vitamin K2 from animal protien!! Good job it's not K9. Get it?
One must realise when one is on the internet it is not just in your room, the whole world is"your oyster" and as would wont what your definition of a word or saying could be totally opposite than say some one living in Australia or India. Hence different hits on google. Personally I like this aspect as when surfing a subject the answers can take you to a different world of information and adventure.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
The vitamin K2 from animal protien!! Good job it's not K9. Get it?

Haha! Well played

One must realise when one is on the internet it is not just in your room, the whole world is"your oyster" and as would wont what your definition of a word or saying could be totally opposite than say some one living in Australia or India. Hence different hits on google. Personally I like this aspect as when surfing a subject the answers can take you to a different world of information and adventure.

Indeed -- that's what makes surfing the net so much fun and so interesting! It's like the biggest library or bookstore in the world... even better than just opening an encyclopedia and seeing where it takes you... The possible destinations are endless -- and endlessly fascinating!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   
The Ministry of Truth proclaims doublebadplusgood. Long live INGSOC. Please resume working now, two minute hate isn't going to ready itself?

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   

I noticed that google doesn't cache pages like it used to

This is on purpose so that what is covered up and deleted is harder to find.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: PredatorCrackling

I noticed that google doesn't cache pages like it used to

This is on purpose so that what is covered up and deleted is harder to find.

Yes!!! I have noticed that as well. Sometimes I'm almost surprised when I actually find one they missed!

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
It's Google, what did you expect?

Just play more video games, that's where the real information is apparently, like KrazyShot said. Reality and truth is to be found in your gaming system rather than the internet searches, or the educational system, so game on to deny ignorance.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

Just play more video games

Haha! That's dangerous for me... I become addicted!!! I get so OCD that I can't stop until I've won the game...

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Yes!!! I have noticed that as well. Sometimes I'm almost surprised when I actually find one they missed!

Yes but then they notice that you noticed... Post something thinking it's of little importance because you did find it in a google search.. Hahahahaha..

A few different ATSers found mention of dead people doing interviews.. Cached but taken down and changed.. Odd stuff like that. You think you might expect to see a redaction or mistaken identity if that was the case, but nope they just erase it completely... Except for the now embedded screenshots. Screenshots can be edited so it's not as good as having the original or cached link, but when you look back in time (old threads on ATS) you can see multiple people agreeing on the embedded screenshots at the time, proving them real..

having been live on maybe all of the biggest shootings on ATS and police scanners. I can rightly tell you none of the big ones are truthful stories in the media. I cannot say for sure what went down, just enough major lies and chronology problems to know, they are lying on purpose.. Why the need to lie about real shootings?? Generally it comes down to multiple suspects seemingly with shadowy ties..

Media evacuated out of the white house but not other people.. That's not a bomb threat, that's a threat to lives of anyone who peeps the game.

edit on 16-6-2015 by knightlight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: knightlight

originally posted by: Boadicea

Yes but then they notice that you noticed... Post something thinking it's of little importance because you did find it in a google search.. Hahahahaha..

Yeah, I figure I'm on at least a few different lists... I better be! If I'm not, I'm doing something wrong.

A few different ATSers found mention of dead people doing interviews.. Cached but taken down and changed.. Odd stuff like that. You think you might expect to see a redaction or mistaken identity if that was the case, but nope they just erase it completely... Except for the now embedded screenshots. Screenshots can be edited so it's not as good as having the original or cached link, but when you look back in time (old threads on ATS) you can see multiple people agreeing on the embedded screenshots at the time, proving them real..

Yes. I've made searching ATS for info I'm researching an absolute must. It's amazing the many gems to be found. Not just in the OP, but in the replies. Sometimes you can literally see history re-written in the mainstream....

having been live on maybe all of the biggest shootings on ATS and police scanners....

Another beauty of ATS. I cannot always listen/watch live, but the running commentary from ATSers keep me informed. When something big is happening, I'm on ATS!

Media evacuated out of the white house but not other people.. That's not a bomb threat, that's a threat to lives of anyone who peeps the game.

You got that right. How about the time the press were kidnapped on a plane? Or locked in a White House (or was it the Capitol?) closet?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join