It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RAW VIDEO: Cop Tases 12-Yr-Old Child While Choking Him!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: snowen20

Whole lot of assumptions.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: RobinB022

Nevertheless, she is still relieved.. That isn't an assumption, unless conspiracy abounds on a conspiracy site.

“She was greatly relieved he had been found and apologized for his behavior,”

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

True enough.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I choke people on a daily basis and I'm not entirely sure that was a choke from what I could see but it was definitely a restraint.

The problem here is that tasers have routinely become deployed as a first resort and compliance tool instead of being used for non lethal violent encounters with armed suspects like they were intended. They are potentially so dangerous and to use one on a kid is just disgusting.

It's sad when as a parent you have to teach your children that the reality of a police encounter is that it can easily end in their death.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

You really want to call it fake??

Not all the kids may have known him, so they might not have known his age.

And to say tazers have no affect on the body is just outright untrue.

Have you ever touched one of those fences?
Tell me it is just a pain after you do.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Not tht it actually matters to anyone, but I realize that from my apparent defense of the situation, and having mentioned I was formerly law enforcement I can easily be perceived as being "Cop friendly".

I HATE with a passion seeing cops escalating situations with citizens unnecessarily, I equally hate seeing cops pasting crap on my facebook page about how hard it is out there in the streets as a "soldier", when they are far from being a soldier.

Cops in general need to calm the hell down. I do realize however that it is a niche position to be in dealing with people who you are essentially telling to do something they don't want to do.

It seems to come as a surprise to people for some strange reason, that humans when faced with not wanting to do something tend to fight back. Verbally at first then physically if needed.

One of my big hang up's with police is that they absolutely have the "Us vs Them" mentality which causes conflict.
But I personally can't lump all situations where an officer gets into an altercation as automatically being cop on citizen violence.

Does it happen...YES
Is it happening more?......Most likely (In my opinion do to the increased militarization mindset training)

I have to stand back and observe the situation from all points, to make sure I can clearly identify what all probable causes may be when videos like this pop up. Everyone should do this, and if you see a bad cop behaving badly call his ass out, take it to the web, show him or her for what they are. I just hope not everyone wants to drown an officer just because its trendy to hate on them these days.

Is all I'm sayin..

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

In fact in one article the kid filming actually said he wasn't sure of his age. Correctamundo

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Ya i remember as a kid that age you would meet up with your friends friends or just random kids, I didn't always know how old they were.

You could take a guess sure but 13-16 is a crap shoot, 13 can look 16 and 16 can look 13.
I for one, was one of that latter.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Too late. From here on out you'll be labelled a cop apologist. You didn't bash your keyboard in outrage that one time on that one thread blah blah blah, so you're stuck.

The nice thing is that as long as you stick to your guns, the majority will see that and applaud you for it. There's a loyal few that it makes no difference though.

- voice of experience

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I routinely hung around older kids and lied about my age. At 12 I couldn't pass for 16, but I would say I was 14 or 15 max. I assumed they knew I was lying. lol

This particular story strikes home with me because I worked as a LEO and when I was this kids age a runaway punk skater, illegally skating behind grocery stores wrecking things, and just being generally obnoxious on all levels.

I even attacked a school janitor of the local high school with my skate board when he grabbed my buddy by the arm.

*FACEPALM... WTF was I thinking as a kid man?

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Im fairly neutral on the matter. I will admit that if not for my personal experience in Law enforcement I too would be on the other side of the fence. I would almost always assume on the side of the citizen.

When I was a kid I started out respecting cops. Then I got older and was a rebellious little ****...
I quickly viewed police as jokes to play with, to get them to chase you, so you could be a bad ass to your friends. Mall cops, general security are even better as they are not allowed to arrest you.

Looking back I feel so stupid and embarrassed for what I did, and it was a good cop that set me straight. This was only 1992-93 mind you I was only 15.

After seeing how people can behave and their desire to simply NOT OBEY RULES of any kind was an eye opener.
Cops easily piss me off, and since being an adult only one has nearly pushed me over the edge. All others, you just need to know how to talk to. Talk to them like people, just like you....because they are.....Most anyway.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Some questions for you please (as ex law enforcement)

1) would the officer not have known from the police report of him being a runaway that his age was 12 ?
(because if the answer is Yes: then the officer was fully aware of the child's age)

2) does protocol not require police backup? or is that only if the officer feels threatened?

3) does the video show the officer intentionally placing the Taser on the child's spine? or is that just the messed up video motion? (the last question is just for your opinion)

Thank you

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

This is why unfortunately I have NO sympathy when I hear of a cop being killed. I just think....ah well too bad and go on with my day and get some snacks.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AquarianTrumpet

Question1. would the officer not have known from the police report of him being a runaway that his age was 12 ?
(because if the answer is Yes: then the officer was fully aware of the child's age)

To answer this is going to be kind of difficult and Ill explain exactly why, also a little wordy bare with me.
This is a county issue it appears, thus the use of sheriffs deputies to handle it as opposed to local police. Where I was working, dispatch would often relay information from police dispatch or on in the same depending on who was working that day. They apparently recently changed this in the town Im from originally.

So I am not sure who actually talked to the mother directly or not. In my case, I would sometimes talk to a mother or father or both parents directly, but more often than not we would just get our information in a morning briefing or depending on whatever shift you worked, which would also be similar to what the PD would have. (Ill go into the oddity of shift change in a moment.) We know from one source that the boy was missing for a while

Source

Sheriff’s officials said the incident began when a woman reported that her son had been missing about a day and a half.

Don't let the fact that it says Sheriff's officials full you. That is simply because the report involved a deputy and a citizen. The actual report may have been made to local PD and I would venture to say was as that's where they normally go.
In that report taken by a police officer no doubt, such information about age, sex, height ethnicity, and where he is expected to most likely be is all taken into account. That doesn't mean that information doesn't get lost between departments. I have not seen yet where the deputy said he didn't know the boys age. I am assuming this was obvious from whatever briefing or report or open dispatch came to the deputy.

I hate to say this but from a law enforcement perspective Sheriff's deputies essentially do the work the police don't want to do or can't. By that I mean "Piddly" work.. Like picking up the runaways, responding to domestic deputes out side city limits and things like that or simply transporting inmates from courthouse to a county jail if they are separate.

2) does protocol not require police backup? or is that only if the officer feels threatened?

No, not necessarily, again this is a sheriff's deputy and they do not get the backup police do in most cases as they cover the whole country not just the city making it difficult for other deputies to respond in a timely manner. They can call for back up if needed and if an available officer is near by he can respond. I can not speak for their protocol, that depends on the county they serve and the sheriff in charge. But (And again Im assuming here).. I feel the the deputy thought he could probably get the kid to obey simply by making a demand of the boy (Which I find reasonable) as most children obey authority figures on average. Things escalated from that point.

From point number one regarding shift change... In both PD and county offices I have seen protocol change drastically at every shift change. Like I said, it depends on who is in charge that day. Corporal, sgt, Lt, Captain... All depends on who is calling the shots that day. I mean there is a"base" protocol, but the finer points are grey areas a lot of times. By that I mean What one shift does another may not. A problem I experienced first hand which lead me to conflict with coworkers.

3) does the video show the officer intentionally placing the Taser on the child's spine? or is that just the messed up video motion? (the last question is just for your opinion)

I would say it shows the officer applying the tazer on the boys back yes.
If you would like I can go into why I feel the use of the tazer was necessary though, I will come off sounding like riding cop nutz.. lol

I would rather be tazed than pepper sprayed....That's just side note, neither here nor there.
edit on 15-6-2015 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-6-2015 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Thank you for your informative reply!
As I am not from America, your explanation helped to understand the formalities in question.

From the video viewpoint, it appears the officer intentionally placed the Taser on the youth's spine (in direct contact) but that could be just my interpretation from Martial Arts training. If this is a trained officer - his mind saw what he was going to do before he did it and singled out the spine...this is my biggest problem - not the choke hold or the Tasering but subduing a 12 year old child intentionally placing the Taser directly on the spinal cord. I would consider that beyond excessive force.

Agreed - I am purely speculating based on the viewpoint.

The unfortunate part of this ordeal is that the youth-runaways relationship with his mother is probably now irrevocably tarnished...a truly sad incident.

Thank you for your reply

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I even attacked a school janitor of the local high school with my skate board when he grabbed my buddy by the arm.

*FACEPALM... WTF was I thinking as a kid man?

That's exactly why we have laws preventing you from just choking them out or beating them or effing tazering them in the spine.

Because we are all idiots at 13 14 15 16 17
edit on 15-6-2015 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-6-2015 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
This video is perfect example of why some people shouldn't become police officers. The officer can't even handle a 13year old boy without using a choke hold and taser.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

I get that, I really do. But at the same time their are also protocols for the self protection of perceived and "Potential" threats..

I don't really care if its a 12 year old or a 60 year old, if you are arresting someone and you fall on the ground with them that's bad. The officer is almost always outnumbered and relying on extreme penalties for protection, beyond that tazer, pepper spray, baton, and finally sidearm.

I hit this poor guy with my skateboard while his back was turned toward me. What if I had hit a little higher in the head and killed him or caused sever head trauma? What if I had paralyzed him from the neck down?

Ill be the first to admit being a LEO is not nearly as dangerous as many make it out to be. It is basically as dangerous as you make it. Don't put yourself into stupid situations. That being said situations are far more dynamic than people realize when it comes to interaction with people that by and large DON'T LIKE YOU AND DON'T WANT TO LISTEN TO YOU...

This deputy fell down or otherwise found himself in an awkward position among this young mans peers. Rightly assuming that peers may come to the rescue( as I did with my friend at age 15) allots the officer some wiggle room for security. In this case deploying a tazer dry stun in order to try and gain control of a situation that is rapidly getting out of control. You don't have a lot of time, the longer it goes on the more vulnerable you are to damage claims, to physical damage, to causing damage to the person you are arresting, or them causing damage to themselves.

I know that many police officers would like to view them selves as upper echelon tier 1 Navy Seal types that will always be ready for whatever the task, I also know that many non LEO tend to assume that cops are the same. That they are some crack team of hard core trained professionals who ALWAYS "Should" make the right decision or ALWAYS "should" at least know what to do at any given moment.
Otherwise they are bad cops. This simply is not the case.

People...ALL people make mistakes, they do stupid stuff. They may be working like a well oiled machine Monday, and on Tuesday are ate up like a soup sandwich. That's people for you... No amount of training will change that. Unfortunately the door swings both ways here. Being jacked up as an officer will either cost a citizen their life, OR it will cost the officer theirs either literally or legally.
The best thing an officer can do is try to work within the "circle of protection". That is to say stay as legal as the situation will allow without going over. Some cops go outside, some don't.

All Im saying is that If someone had bitten me, and then proceeded to resist me to the point I was now on the ground with them wrestling around I'm going to taze them. Sorry, Im not a Navy seal ninja ranger. I cant throw a Bat Stun grenade and then rush someone out in my batmobile. All police are tazered..ALL, so I don't think he was aiming for the young mans "15th vertebrae spinal attack nerve detachment move level 9000 police ninja handbook page 698."......Or whatever, I think he just dry stunned the kid in the back wherever it touched.

I never had a problem talking with kids even the punk type, probably because I was a punk growing up. All I can say is look at this officers track record.. He has 8 years in the Dept. If someone searches and find that he has a track record for violence against anyone, or that he is an asshole cop then he deserves to be penalized and removed from service simply because he is a bad cop.

If this is his first infraction (which is not an infraction as of yet), then he will assuredly learn his lesson to be more careful how things are handled from now on. I would even venture to say this incident will be grounds for numerous long wined meetings about certain policy changes on all shifts.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

tigertatzen is correct.

A "drive stun" without the probes does not cause the entire body to "convulse."

I have taken several Taser International classes.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: echo007
This video is perfect example of why some people shouldn't become police officers. The officer can't even handle a 13year old boy without using a choke hold and taser.

Completely illogical truth claim with no basis in reality.

Sorry, just observing.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join