It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lost Alien - How to Tell the World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
A parable. The lost Alien - How to Tell the World

An alien crash lands on earth. His ship and all evidence is completely destroyed. The alien looks and talks just like humans. It is impossible to tell the alien apart from humans.

The alien was sent with a message for earth. A message so profound that it would change how we think, how we perceive religion and politics, and how we interact with one another.

The alien was certain his spaceship would be a physical sign to the people but alas all physical evidence was destroyed in the crash.

Without the physical evidence the Alien is afraid that people will think he is crazy. Or worse they may not understand his peaceful message and the confusion could lead to chaos.

At first the Alien decided maybe it was fate that caused the crash, because the world was not ready for the message. So the alien tried to be human. He worked, paid his bills and fit in. No one suspected he was different.

After some time the Alien began to despair. Everyday he read the news and everyday his heart was anguished. Murder, Rape, and Wars it was more than he could bear.

He remember the message he was sent to deliver and knew it could change the world. But he was still without a plan, so he wept for many days.

He tried to reach out to the religious and political leaders of the world. He hopped to gather them and reveal the message to them first. His attempts became futile, their ear eluded him.

The alien knew that if the leaders would believe and stand united the citizens would also believe and stand united. He knows his plan is good and will eliminate much of the chaos and confusion.

The Alien waits impatiently, the news is too much too bear. Will the leaders help the Alien or will he be forced to act alone?

Is anyone listening to the Alien?

An Alien living in a foreign land.
edit on 14-6-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Are you fond of parables and UFO and aliens?

I have a question then. In this advancement of technology in this world having robots and AIs everywhere. Do you think will come a time that Robots and AI will develop emotions like sadness or happiness or anger or whatever?

Then I have some thoughts after your thoughts on my query.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Summer7

I think with our current understanding of AI, I have to say no. AI is based on math and the soul transcends math.

AI acts based on probabilities, humans actually do the opposite of what intelligence suggests we should do. Leaving AI with the ability to do the opposite of what is intelligent is highly risky.

If AI is allowed to go past intelligence and make mistakes then someday we will end up with a robot version of Charlie Manson. If we give freewill to machines, they will use it.

It doesn't matter if it is thinking or computing, the end results could be devastating. Imagine being ruled by machines that don't have the ability to care or be arrogant. They just do it because they can. Whether it's a machine crunching numbers or a thinking entity it won't matter.

Personally, I think math is math and that math can solve a lot of problems but not those that are associated with the soul.
edit on 14-6-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

I'm saddened to see that here too as usually elsewhere in these arguments that pure consciousness is avoided or given short shift. We have the ability to escape our animal instincts but we do not because many of those instincts, directly or indirectly, brings us pleasure. We go to extremes for thrills which engage the brain at low levels. We can do better. Some of know that we can.

As for IA, robots or a quantum computer with remote appendages, are a danger to be feared. If not endowed with human emotions, they can never mesh with humans on low-level interactions. A complete logical machine would perhaps kills all humans at the first chance. Tinkering with emotions in a very smart robot would be real iffy given our experience with emotions and triggers in our own kind. What you put in is not necessarily what you get out....

The goal must be to gain consciousness in ourselves and any thinking machines we create. Pure consciousness is the answer. The primal state of matter. That state of being is what we must seek for any thinking creation be it blood or electrical. If that point is not reached then all is doomed by either the one hand or the other.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
A slight deviation to parable, touching on the human behavoir aspect you explore, through whispered heresay, it was rumored and implied, that the human condition and all of its trappings, have been partially seeded by the introduction of mammalian flesh, imposed on diet.

The thought is that consumption of such meats, had genetic consequence, leading to neurological miasma, similar to the contagion "Kuru", found among the indigenous New Guinea tribes who partake in cannabalism. The slow vivication is nowhere near fatal or obvious, as the laughing disease, but it was suggested to point towards human aggressions, along with a plethora of myopic symptom. A design by handlers, to distress the species, creating divide through a type of identity crisis. Pork products being the biggest offender to such superstition, due to its closest kinship to human derma. They say animals leashed to the pork family, may have even been design, for maximum effect on support of conspiracy.

Many assumptions in science contradict these wild speculations, zigzaging continuity of trope. On the flipside, of this script, non-terrestrials supposed benefit from the regular intake of mercury, extract from sealife. Quite dipole of what research professes panders. Red meat is supposed to give rise to cognitive thought, while heavy metals interfere with grey matter. Visions of "Jesus fish", pirouette in mind.....

Sorry for derailment of your thread.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

Well, I totally agree with your point. But sometimes a weird thought like this crosses the mind because like we were younger or kids "kids" we have been told stories like a frog becoming a prince, a mermaid having feet and snow white haa an immediate reincarnation because of a kiss. So why cant AI and Robots have equal "possibility"?

Anyway Im just playing with the thought. But yeah thanks for your inputs on the query. But one more thing, on the soul and math? Where is it coming from? I know my initial quesrion was kinda derailed from the thought but souls and math?

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
when a one year old plays with building bricks.
it has More fun smashing it down.
and only builds it up
so it can smash it again!

humans are Still animals and need more time to evolve.
we need to lose the instincts of destruction.
and gain empathy. some of us have some of this.
but not all of the emotions we need to be good people.

it time we may become what we need to be.
I look at the human race and I thing it may never happen.
we May do it in time. 1000 years or more?

only trouble it the building blocks we can
smash now can destroy earth and more!
so I hope the aliens! help us NOW! please...

new topics

top topics

join