It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Koch Brothers Ate Monsanto

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Capitalism and consumerism have ruined our country and big business and corporations are evil tyrant demons.

But, now I have to get off of ATS for a minute and run my Prious down to Bank of America to cash my check from AT&T then stop by Kroger's for some Kellog's Rice Crispies, Reynolds aluminum foil and, oh yeah, some Purina cat chow for the kitties. Then it's off to Best Buy for an X-box and Lady Gaga's cd. And I need to whip into Shell and fill up the car and get a Coke. I better hit CVS too and get some Tylonal Extra Strength cause all this conspiracy stuff is giving me a headache.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, Obamabush is the antichrist and the Koch brothers ate Monsanto!

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I hope the Koch brothers have a mega tummy ache.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Capitalism and consumerism have ruined our country and big business and corporations are evil tyrant demons.

The corporations feed our slavish desires they fostered.

It began with super hiways and the family auto.

You can thank Hitler, the inventor of the autobahn and the folksvagen.

Who can afford to give up the convenience?

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: quercusrex
But, now I have to get off of ATS for a minute and run my Prious down to Bank of America to cash my check from AT&T then stop by Kroger's for some Kellog's Rice Crispies, Reynolds aluminum foil and, oh yeah, some Purina cat chow for the kitties. Then it's off to Best Buy for an X-box and Lady Gaga's cd. And I need to whip into Shell and fill up the car and get a Coke. I better hit CVS too and get some Tylonal Extra Strength cause all this conspiracy stuff is giving me a headache.

All of that is solely your personal choice, feeding the very system you apparently despise.
Lol, oh the irony.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Humans are so much in love with consistency and routine that they'd rather stay under the consistent yoke and routine of slavery than to contemplate the love of freedom. It is upon that green pasture of freedom that the Sun shall beat upon the faces of free women and men!

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
In all truth I drive an F-150 and I really went to HEB to get some Frito's and Wolf Brand Chili. I do loves me some Frito Pie !!!

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

originally posted by: quercusrex

All of that is solely your personal choice, feeding the very system you apparently despise.
Lol, oh the irony.

It's because the system is so ingrained into society, you have no choice. Mom and Pop can't compete with mega corps. So remember, you don't have a personal choice, unless you live in some community that is only mom and pop shops (rare)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

I've got a big garden. I trade my extra okra and tomatoes for eggs from the old couple down the road. Works great for getting eggs. Not so much for getting toilet paper or dish soap.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I started this thread to poke some fun at ourselves and rant about the blatant hypocrisy that some ATSer's bathe in. But it's in the Rant forum for a reason so let's see where it leads.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: quercusrex
Reminds me of a Jimmy Buffett song.
Now you're going to have me searching for it all night....

Due to my slavish need for a working cookstove and refrigerator, I just bought a stove and refrigerator from a Mom & Pop shop in our town. It is the only locally-owned appliance business left that sells new appliances as well as used. When we bought the appliances we're replacing, we had eight stores to cruise through and get pricing estimates. That was 23 years ago. Only three of those stores is still in business and only one sells new. Lowe's and Wal-Mart were my other options. I've kept out of Wal-Mart for nearly 30 years now and I'm staying away from Lowe's because their entire store and all appliances are infested with roaches.
Everyone says that the small guy can't compete with the big box stores but one man in our town is proving it can be done. He delivered my new stove, connected it up, hauled the old one away, fixed it and donated it to the charity shop. He did all of that for $100 less than the big box. And should anything go wrong, I won't be on a two-week automated repair service list.
He went home with cash money in his pocket and big basket of fresh produce from my garden and another basket for his helper. .
Since no Mom & Pop shop that I know of manufactures ranges and refrigerators, I had to make a decision about which evil corporation to enrich. Since Frigidaire came up first in the net search for "American-made appliances", my choice was easy. I know I can trust their products. I have reports from some of their employees in Charlotte that they are a great company.
I know that my 20+ year buying cycle for appliances isn't keeping Americans working but I like to think that I didn't cause any jobs lost by purchasing foreign labor of questionable sources.
I absolutely totally admit that I am a slave to my gas range and my electric refrigerator. I refuse to go back to using blocks of ice in my grandmother's icebox. But I could do it if there were no other choice. I have the icebox in my utility room.
In those same 23 years, our town has seen the privately owned pharmacies go from seventeen down to one. Innumerable privately owned service stations down to zero.
In the past 30 years we've seen banks go from three locally-owned and a couple of state-wide banks to more than 2 dozen---who knows? They're like mushrooms, they pop up ovenight! Only one locally-owned bank.
I'm feeling your pain brother.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt
That really is good to hear. I wish there were more stories like that out there. But, his products still come from multinational corporations.

I just get irritated at all the posts about how terrible big business are while they ignore the fact they constantly support said corporation's profits.

(As I yell "Down with the corporate crooks", and close my Toshiba laptop)

new topics

top topics

join