It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U2 Mania

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Just thought I'd throw up some great U2 videos for your Sunday. The first of which came across my feed recently that has some nice shots of what the ground crews have to do when the U2 lands:

Bring back memories Zaph?

James May's U2 experience:

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

I used to love being out there when they came through. They stop and get airborne in no time flat. I always wanted to try being in the car but they're twitchy about that.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

I used to love being out there when they came through. They stop and get airborne in no time flat. I always wanted to try being in the car but they're twitchy about that.

Why, can't you drive !!!!!

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Those U2 test pilots weren't lacking in testicular fortitude.

I've read about the U2 and OXCART tests and I'd be either excited or terrified, or both.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
After seeing the Fairford video I heard a little birdie tell me the U2 has been making the odd visit to Mildenhall in the last week or so

If not something special has been visits us

Oh and also how much would I have to pay the U.S. to get a flight in a U2
edit on 14-6-2015 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: nelloh62

Because you have to drive and talk to the pilot on the radio at the same time, talking him onto the runway.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Awesome videos...thanks for sharing. Still trips me out watching that baby land on center body gear only.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: WeOwnTheNight

What was really wild was watching one skinny guy jump up and catch the wing and pull it level.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
My uncle was a U2 mechanic, he's got some good stories about all this stuff... especially getting back at some of the asshole pilots...

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Im glad they sent james May, he seems like a decent chap. I love the comments about sending everyone up to space and what a life changing event on world politics it could be, apologise for waffling on and constantly saying how beautiful it is - it must be pretty profound experience, fingers crossed Space X and Virgin Galactic come good!

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

www.usafe.af.mil...
edit on 15-6-2015 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
You know what I'd like to see? A U-2 built with modern composites, VLO materials, etc.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Awesome videos. Thank you for uploading. I have the privilege to rebuild parts from these engines and many others. Sure wish I could get to go for a ride in one someday.
Who knows maybe I have in another timeline

Thanks agian and I also love captain slow.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Yeah, that would be neat wouldn't it.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

What was really wild was watching one skinny guy jump up and catch the wing and pull it level.

No way! While it was still moving? If so,how fast was it going?

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I'd listen to U2 if I flew on a U2. I'd...almost have to.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

Most of the time it was after it stopped, but sometimes they'd run out as it was slowing down to a stop and grab the wing to keep it from hitting the ground. It wasn't going fast, but was fun to watch.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

No U-2's at Mildenhall but B-52's have been doing T & G's + there were B-2's around last week .

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I'd listen to U2 if I flew on a U2. I'd...almost have to.

Don't, their 'message' is a bit political, don't mind some of their music but please drop the politics boner.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Didn't Lockheed try that in the late 80's only to get it cancelled because costs crested 1Bn per airframe in Bush 1 dollars?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join