It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tired of the Misuse of the Term Americans.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Ask someone from Nigeria if they're Nigerian or African. They will tell you they are Nigerian . I knew a man from Sierra Leone . He didn't say he was from Africa, he said he was from Sierra Leone. They don't call Eygeptians Africans even though Egypt is on the African continent.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Well yes. Above all we are all humans.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Technically he'd be a north American if we're going to label by continent.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
I'm a "Northern Hemispherian".

I always thought hemispheres were divided into east and west. "Western Europe", "Eastern China", etc......Because Hemi comes from the Greek "Half". Then I saw what you said, then I ran across this

Not to be anal about it, but I have a thing about geography.

Anyway, I think the OP may be making a case for a NWO? One with no country bounderies? That, or he sees the arrogance of a lot of Americans that dictate that when they see something, it's theirs by the grace of God.

edit on 14-6-2015 by DeepImpactX because: Bad Link

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

True. I don't recall ever meeting somebody from Africa that identified as "African."

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Similar with Europe, although with the EU it seems to be changing on the mainland continent.
I never hear anyone in the UK identifying as European, just British, although you will find a lot of nationalist Scots/English/Welsh/N.Irish identifying as such, even though all our passports say 'British Citizen'.

When I've been in discussion about the upcoming EU independence referendum for the UK I have had a lot of members from other parts of the EU saying 'I'm European' over their home country, which I find a bit strange, but hey, they must be so far brainwashed down the EU route that they have lost their national identity.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: enament

No. If your going to play games with the names and label someone by their continent then the Canadian would be a north American not an American as the continent you're arguing over is called NORTH America.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
a reply to: enament

No. If your going to play games with the names and label someone by their continent then the Canadian would be a north American not an American as the continent you're arguing over is called NORTH America.

I believe I have clarified that in brackets.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeepImpactX

originally posted by: beezzer
I'm a "Northern Hemispherian".

I always thought hemispheres were divided into east and west. "Western Europe", "Eastern China", etc......Because Hemi comes from the Greek "Half". Then I saw what you said, then I ran across this

Not to be anal about it, but I have a thing about geography.

Anyway, I think the OP may be making a case for a NWO? One with no country bounderies? That, or he sees the arrogance of a lot of Americans that dictate that when they see something, it's theirs by the grace of God.

I'm an "Upper Halfian"?

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

True. I don't recall ever meeting somebody from Africa that identified as "African."

Sure you have.......Here.

African American anyone?

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

More like "Nothwest Hemispherian" I guess.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I'm happy to say I'm from Airstrip One.
...and we have always been at war with Eurasia

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I'm not sure what he's on about, as northern hemisphere is definitely a "thing."

I guess if we want to be super specific we're northwestern quadrasphereians.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DeepImpactX

I have yet to meet somebody from Africa that identifies as African American. The only ones I've met that call themselves that are from places like "Chicago" and "Des Moines" and "Orlando."

Not one single person I've met who has immigrated from an African country has identified as anything other than "American" or whatever country they came from.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

To each other we do. Since we tend to move around. I'm originally from New York and when I lived there I was considered a new Yorker. Does anyone remember the episode of Taxi when Jim got all those TV's so he could watch every cable station? They were watching the state council of Delaware trying to decide if they were Delawareans or Delewarites. They settled on Delewarites. (I personally disagree) We have Carolineans for both north and south Carolina. Pennsylvanians in Pensylvania. Those from California are generally known as flakes. Lol.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Ut uh no way bez. I'm a Universalist. You ain't beating me now unless you go dimensionally. Lol
edit on 6142015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

Ut uh no way bez. I'm a Universalist. You ain't beating me now unless you go dimensionally. Lol

Curses!

Foiled again!

*evil cackle*
edit on 14-6-2015 by beezzer because: changed because I was wrong

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

And Milky Wayian??? That rolls right off the tongue. You couldn't keep it on your tongue if you wanted to.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I've never understood the whole 'African American' thing because all my black mates call themselves British.
Ok, on the census they may tick Black African or Black Caribbean, Mixed White and Black Caribbean etc, but in day to day life, just British is used.
Colour of skin seems to matter much less over here when identifying as British.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I thought the accepted villainous term Was "Curses! Foiled again"
Some Snidly Whiplash you'd make.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join