It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ugly old man in the mirror

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
What you should make of it is post in fiction.
a reply to: cofusedaboutevrything

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
No not at all. I don't think I am ugly at all lol. No depression here what so ever. Thanks for the concern though. The ugly old man part is what I would think as a young person when I had the dream. I would wake up and wonder who the hell that ugly old mans face on my body was in my dream. Arrogance of youth I guess. What's strange is it was actually my face NOW I was seeing.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: cofusedaboutevrything
Showered, went to brush my teeth and damned if they didn't just start plopping out into the sink one at a time.

Sorry but English isn't my natural language so I'm not sure I'm understanding you correctly here. Are you saying your teeth fell into the sink as you were brushing your teeth? All of them? Or is it more something that happened over a longer time period? I'm not talking about the dream, but about real life events.

Anyway, loosing your teeth and see an old reflection of yourself are classical dream themes, like the fall or the escape. I'm sure you could find tons of literature on this if you looked for it.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

You saw your future self. You know it, it happened. It's as simple as that.

Such things happen.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

can you elaborate? בבקשה?
sounds interesting

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: vArchon

can you elaborate?

Hm, About what?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Your story brought back a funny memory I have!

A while after reading your post, yesterday actually, it jogged my memory about an unusual dream that happened to me this year. I had a dream my tooth fell out. The most common proper interpretation of the dream is that you are insecure about your looks. I thought to myself something like, "well I'm no movie star but who really cares?". It was very odd to me because in general I'm a very secure feeling person, so I just didn't get it. It was surprising to me. I may have had a dream several years ago about my tooth falling out, but am not sure about that, and it didn't come true if I did.

That day I was eating some chips, and suddenly my tooth fell out! I immediately thought exactly this:
"Huh, sometimes a dream that your tooth falls out means.... your tooth is falling out."

I'd like to add that I've predicted my own future to the same effect several months out. I *KNOW* I nailed it just right, just as you know. And like your experience, I didn't think it was literal at all. I was reading too much into a situation when in fact it was just me "seeing" the future without realizing it.

So, why does this happen to you? I didn't really think enough of the dream to post about it, but now that this dream happened, there was a reason for me to bring it up. Probably this post is why that dream happened to me, though.
edit on 18-6-2015 by wayforward because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Well what I think it may have been was, a very very big warning you got you would have been seeing yourself into the future. When you sleep its not all random stupid mindless crap specially the real life ones. You would have been shown that for that reason not to become that and swerve you into the path where none of that happened at all, sadly you didn't know what it meant so there was noway you would of been able to see that it really was you. :p that's what I think

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   
i'm not so sure that the dream of that 15-17 year old was about his future self

I suggest the 'non-attractive' seen in the reflection was the deeper, darker. inner-self that is hidden to the public and even family...
mirror scrying is sometimes unsettling, as it happens that sometimes we see the 'beast' within, the Limbic driven, unnatural animal which we try to contain and suppress by morality and higher consciousness drives...

I am a big proponent that dreams are symbolic language about our physical and emotional health/wellness or clues to remedy the disharmony all of us have fro time-to-time...or even as we slowly degenerate as old age overtakes us.

symbolically the hundreds of microfractures of your dream jaw is your idealized way to express a life-time of lies/deceits/falsehoods/cheating (to one degree or another) the teeth falling out is an outward sign (code to the astute) that a lifetime of speaking with 'forked tongue' ... Oh, Yes... you can redeem yourself going forward - that's what forgiveness is all about

as a 15-17 yo myself...I had the experience of staring into a mirror and having emerge a likeness of myself that looked remarkably like the 'Emperor' of the Empire in the Star Wars story, in theaters, some 40 years later
I did not think I had that dark-a-heart, so I thought it was just symbolic of my schizophrenia or multiple personality, as I walk between worlds...
You too maybe having a similar burden to carry, as myself... hence your vivid dream
~a 'thread' is not an optimum way to come to any conclusions~ I hope you follow up on your quest

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

edit on 25-6-2015 by Nemox42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
This happened to me when I was about 16. I was staring into a mirror one day and my face changed into a scary old woman's. I now realise that it was me as I am now, not that I look scary but I don't look 16 any more!a reply to: cofusedaboutevrything

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Don't feel to bad. Im missing all my front teeth from a car accident. I had nightmares of losing them prior, tons of them. Its not as bad as you think it will be, but yea it really sucks. Its hard as # to eat and implants are way to much for me ATM. Your story is very scary, I think you have unlocked a part of your brain through traumatic experiences with anger you had a hard time controlling, you broke some barriers in your mind, or maybe you were given warnings possibly by a passed loved one, or family member. A lot of people speak of 'warnings' they see in visions, or constant clues, you have to learn to trust your gut and when you get that eerie feeling in your head, something really is reaching out. Did you ever get that feeling where something was else was there? This would feel very strange in the mind, almost like a deja vu.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join