It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ugly old man in the mirror

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
My writing skills are garbage so bear with me and please don't be grammar Nazis. First let me start by saying I have no idea what category to put this in so I put it here. I'm open for discussion but don't really buy into the psychic or supernatural stuff. But this kind of freaks me out and I want a variety of views on it so give it any angle you want. Anyone ever have those kind of dreams that are sooooooooo real it's hard to tell it is a dream when it is happening? I do, a lot. This was one of those. When I was a teenager (about 15-17) I had a reoccurring nightmare for years. I would dream I was sleeping and wake up (in my dream). I would go about my morning ritual of going straight to the bathroom and doing my business. I would shower etc. The mirror would always be fogged up from the shower. I always brush my teeth directly after I shower. Do the toothpaste on the toothbrush thing and start to brush. I then felt an incredible pain in my mouth. And see blood dripping off the brush. I would grab a towel and wipe the fog off the mirror to see what on earth the problem was. Every time the mirror would clear and I saw a reflection it would be some crazy looking ugly old mans face on my body. Not mine. Then my teeth would begin falling out. Into the sink. One by one. Lots of them. Needless to say I would wake up in a panic and try my best to forget the freak show that just happened in my head. No big deal right? Just a nightmare. Fast forward 35 years. I Had a very ruff time, spent a lot of time using my fists instead of my brain. When you live like that medical issues inevitably arise. One day a few years ago......I was doing my same morning routine I have done my whole life. Showered, went to brush my teeth and damned if they didn't just start plopping out into the sink one at a time. VERY painful. I wiped the mirror to look at myself and had a flash back of those nightmares from my teen years. It was my face!!!!! I was the ugly old man.....in great detail. Every scar, every hair on my head was the same as my dreams as a teen. Turns out I had a ton of micro fractures in my jaw as well as some serious infections and it just gave out. I have no real teeth now. They are all fake. FREAKS me out to this day. It was EXACTLY the dream I had in every detail. So, my question is what are your different ideas about dreams or whatever that may help me make sense of this.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Like I said in my intro I am a skeptic of most things. But this has me stumped so I am open to any idea at this point. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: cofusedaboutevrything

Premonition dreams are strange things. Trust me - I know.

S&F

edit on 14-6-2015 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne
Does that happen to you often? What do you suppose is the reason they happen? There seems to be no reasoning behind dental issues as a premonition to me lol.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: cofusedaboutevrything
Does that happen to you often?

Used to. Now it's just occasional visions.

What do you suppose is the reason they happen?

I rarely say this but here it is: I don't know.

Maybe we have souls which travel in multiverses during our sleep and shows us things from another time but with the same conditions?

Dunno.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Hmmm. It makes more sense than my I have no idea. Thanks for the input Swanne.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

You were right. It was a strange story. I'd say it was a warning.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark
Possibly. But the vast amount of time that passed is what gets me. IDK If it was how would anyone be expected to get that. It's very confusing to me. Has anything ever happened like that to you Skid Mark?

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
There was that dream where I looked myself in the mirror, like I do everytime I finish my business in the washroom. And instead of my normal reflexion, it was a yellow-eyed, scaly dragon which was coldly looking right back at me.

This one really startled me.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
That would startle anyone I think.

I had never really put too much thought into the what and why of dreaming until this. Just thought it was my head clearing out the days gibberish or something. I don't anymore. There's a lot more to it than that. I just don't know what.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
If I understand your story correctly...as a young man, you saw in your nightmares, images of yourself in a mirror 35 years into the future?
Am I correct?

If that's the case, it's a fascinating story.
I suppose it could have been something of a premonitory experience...or you could have had a series of nightmares when you were young (losing teeth in a dream is not uncommon...and reflects a current insecurity of apprehension)...and, 35 years later, your mind adjusted your memories to more closely match your reflection.

Occasionally, I will catch my reflection in the mirror, and I'll notice a resemblance to a memory of my dad at my age, as I remembered him....It might be that your dreams as a child were of your father and that you might now just resemble him.
edit on 14-6-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-6-2015 by IAMTAT because: comment added

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT
You are correct, I saw the older me when I was young. In a dream.
My father looked completely different than me. Good idea though. The brain is a tricky thing and time plays tricks on it. You're right. That's a very real possibility. I just filled in the blanks. Food for thought. Thanks.

edit on 14-6-2015 by cofusedaboutevrything because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Not at all. Thankfully.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

The first thing I thought as I read your post, was that you were seeing yourself in the future. It was a relief that you said that at the end of the post, because my Grandmother would have a dream that a tooth would loosen and fall out then a relative would die shortly after the dream. The way your dream went, if it were my Grandmother's dream, you'd be loosing your whole family!

I believe that humans can get a glimpse of the future on occasion. I have had dreams of future events, but few were so clear and accurate, and none so far into the future (that I know of yet). I'm convinced that there is a future that already exists out there, like the traveler on a train analogy of time-space, we just haven't traveled down and around the bend far enough to see the cows yet, but they are there before we see them.

Dreams, visions, and premonitions of future events seem to indicate a fixed future (more or less), destiny over free will so to speak. When I look back on past events and think about where I am today, I wouldn't have done anything different given the circumstances and my mind set at the time.

Perhaps many dreams that are realistic, but fail to occur, are the alternate realities that occur to the alternate "us" but never actually happen in this reality. Maybe we travel every path in the multiverse, but "we" are personally stuck in this one and have a destined future we are sure to experience when it finally comes around the bend.

Excellent dream and thanks for sharing it.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I'm done with this thread guys. Thanks for all the great ideas. It helped.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck
Thank you!

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

This one really startled me.
Hmm, that must have been scary. Maybe you reincarnated here and you were a Draconian in a past or future life.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I believe there was a reason, it was to set a point of awareness in you, to nudge you out of complacency with the world around you, the left hemisphere acceptance of the material and to start your soul journey into right hemisphere awakening. This was a marker you set for yourself.

There are 2 possible scenarios: in one, you and Family, predicted that the events of life might overtake your consciousness and spiral you down, to lose awareness and footing on the other side, not gain the grade but regress, so this was set as a marker to wake you up; in the second, and this is what comes to mind the strongest, this is your bungee cord. Some higher level jedi's and light workers (for want of better terminology, metaphors, not merely new age), dive deep into the trenches, because they can't reach who they need to in the safe places. They're going to get battered and bruised. Many of us experience Family, wake ups, the bungee cord, that snaps us back to our senses or begins our spiritual journey, and meditations.

I see that as a marker that was set to begin your journey, because you're meant to rise above and yet have the connections to the grass root people in order to assist where its really needed and boost the real people up, not the elites when you wake up.

But either way its a gift.

Also, the hard stuff, losing teeth, battle scars, losing the beauty of youth, is "out of egypt" and out of ego, a kind of touching base with inner beauty and strenght and seeing through all the norms, and shallow materialism of the world. Your true inner beauty will be preserved and waiting if you wake up and do not allow life to keep you programmed, reactive and unaware.
edit on 14-6-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Gee, every time I look in the mirror I see an balding ugly old crazy looking man with hair all over the place. Maybe I should start wearing a hat again.

Maybe you are afraid of getting old looking and the reflection is a premonition. When you get older, you get used to it. Most people who try to deny this reality wind up depressed when they get older. If you are depressed when you look in the mirror, you will get sick easier.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Not just the current, but the marker was given, a strong vision as a child that concerned him while growing up, feeling paranormal. It was out of the ordinary and meant to wake him up. I believe he set that marker himself, before coming in, as a bungee cord to begin his awakening to pull him back from the edge and spiral him upwards.

edit on 14-6-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join