It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philae is alive , has called home from Comet 67P

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: moebius

originally posted by: Dragoon01

originally posted by: moebius

originally posted by: AlexandrosTheGreat
Two pages of one line exclamations lol could someone take a quick sectioned to explain to a non science person Luke myself what philae is, electric comet means, what is going on, and what this means? I mean real simple...or if it's too complex I'd be happy with that answer

Philae is the landing module of the Rosetta space probe. It is the first spacecraft to make a soft landing on a comet.

Electric comet (universe) proponents are a bunch of cranks claiming that physics has got all wrong, and everything is ought to be explained by electromagnetic fields.
In their view there is no gravity. The sun is not powered by nuclear fusion. Craters and canyons on planets have been created by electric discharges. Comets are pieces ripped out of planets and not dirty snowballs.

Rosetta and Philae have shown that 67P has a very low density and almost no magnetic field, neither have there been any electric discharges.

There is so much wrong with your assesment I think you must clearly be ill informed.

EU does not claim there is no Gravity
Craters and canyons MAY have been created by an EDM process. There is no requirement that they MUST be so.

No comet has been shown to be a "dirty snowball' . They are all rocky bodies with craters. While the low density does imply that the rock is porous that is not inconsistent with the electric comet theory.
No magnetic field on the comet has no bearing on EU. The electric comet theory is not based on the magnetic field of the object only its charge density. Funny you should mention the magnetic field because the findings are not consistent with what the ESA team expected to see either..

More evidence that the process is electrical and not simple melting of ice as the standard model predicts

"A close-up of Comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko by NASA's ultraviolet instrument surprised scientists by revealing that electrons close to the comet's surface -- not photons from the sun as had been believed -- cause the rapid breakup of water and carbon dioxide molecules spewing from the surface."

And if you had some basic physics education, you would know that an observer moving relative to an electrically charged body (like Rosetta and Philae on its descend) would measure a magnetic field.

Gravity in EU by Thornhill himself:
www.holoscience.com...

and here, starts at 31:00:
www.youtube.com...

You made the statement "EU claims there is no gravity" I disputed this and you point to a page where EU defines gravity in electrical terms. Thanks for proving my point. EU does not claim there is no gravity it simply looks to electrical forces to explain gravity. Your statement is completely at odds with that and mine is consistent.

There was a magnetic field detected AROUND the comet which is consistent with EU and a negatively charged object moving in a positive field. What was not detected was that the comet itself was non-magnetic. Again you try to obfuscate. Its okay I expect as much.

Good day.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Neither. It's not solid rock, it would actually float if it landed in a lake. It's not a snowball, that is never what the standard theory said. It's a conglomerate of rock and icy material. Guess what. They have discovered exactly that. Rock and icy material. EU theory said it was the same as a meteor, it's 100% false and proven so. As I said, it would float in water.

The actual findings support my belief that the comet is being electro-chemically reduced to an aerogel consistency. There is no ice, the H and O2 are liberated as electrons are removed and bonds broken, so the comet is getting lighter and fluffier all the time, and eventually the bonds attatching these fluffy particles to the comet break and the dust drifts away.
The fluffy particles are composed of individual particles with a density of more conventional values, so when the final bonds holding the fluffy particle break, then you have the solid dust particles.

GIADA Investigates Comet’s “Fluffy” Dust Grains

The individual compact particles have a bulk density of 800–3000 kg/m3, consistent with a variety of minerals or mixtures of minerals. On the other hand, the larger aggregates are made up of many sub-micron sized grains with void spaces in between, resulting in fluffy, highly porous structures that are mostly empty space. These aggregates are associated with the fluffy particles seen by Rosetta’s COSIMA instrument. Indeed, the fluffy particles have effective densities of less than 1 kg/m3, literally lighter than air (at sea-level), and which Marco likens to the equivalent density of a dandelion seed head in a vacuum.

rosetta.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: GaryN

The actual findings support my belief that the comet is being electro-chemically reduced to an aerogel consistency.

Well it's impossible to show the truth to someone with this belief. There are none so blind as he who simply will not see.

We found the ice particles that EU claimed did not exist. We found the vents which did not exist. We found the comet was not a chunk of rock like EU said it was.

Enjoy your religion, I won't try to take it from you.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Why do you think they send experiments about plasma and electric charges on these missions? And you have never heard of electro-chemistry?

FIRST RESULTS AT 67P/CHURYUMOV-GERASIMENKO WITH THE ROSETTA PLASMA CONSORTIUM

www.hou.usra.edu...

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Why do you think they send experiments about plasma and electric charges on these missions?

Because the solar wind, solar radiation, and the Sun's magnetic field interact with everything in the Solar System, creating electromagnetic effects. For example, the Sun's UV radiation ionises gasses by knocking electrons off their atoms, thereby creating plasma.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace

Why do you think they send experiments about plasma and electric charges on these missions?

Because the solar wind, solar radiation, and the Sun's magnetic field interact with everything in the Solar System, creating electromagnetic effects. For example, the Sun's UV radiation ionises gasses by knocking electrons off their atoms, thereby creating plasma.

You are absolutely wasting your time. Some people want so very badly to think that they are able to outthink the room that they will never, ever admit they were and are wrong. It's just that simple. . .

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
No more sleeping on on the job!!

but seriously i find this very boring..Yawwwwwnn

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClarkKent
No more sleeping on on the job!!

but seriously i find this very boring..Yawwwwwnn
Wow, your second post on ATS, if this topic is so boring, why comment then?
This ain't facebook.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
True enough. MB.

And for the record I don't use FB.

I didn't mean it towards anyone personally. But you're right I shouldn't have chimed in, sorry.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Here is a recent great shot of Philae from a further distance:
(right click,view image for full pic)

blogs.esa.int...

Looks less like a rubber duck,and more like head and torso of a long dead giant alien from that perspective I thought.
Pretty creepy..
HP Lovecraft would have loved to see that I bet.

edit on 15/7/2015 by Silcone Synapse because: tags

edit on 15/7/2015 by Silcone Synapse because: dang tags

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join