It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who brings a gun to a wedding?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Very true.

Guns and booze... That's a catastrophe waiting to happen.

The charges pending seem appropriate to the event.

Still and all...stupid.
Sound slike another gun happy Vlad is loose in NY city. Russian Mafia guy wedding perhaps?

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Russian Mafia guy wedding perhaps?

I hate to think like that, but that ran through my mind when I saw the name.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Anything is possible. It's New York, after all...

Cause I can...

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
'Playing' with a gun. That's the mindset of a person who should not own a firearm. Move him over to actual toys.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
It is not impossible for a gun to go off in the manner suggested in the latest information released. Its not likely, and shouldn't happen if the weapon is handled properly, but it is possible.

Not all small arms have a 'hammer' to pull back. They all have a safety, which can easily be bumped to off accidently. Most guns have a trigger pull that would require more than accidental contact. However, the gun could have been modified to a much lighter pull, and/or, contact with other objects in the pocket may have resulted in some leveraged force applied to the trigger. A short-pull hammer-fall action in conditions as described above could result in accidental discharge.

That having been said, the whole thing could have been avoided with the use of a proper holster. You should always carry a gun in a holster regardless of where you have it on your person. The holster provides more than just a way to carry the gun. It provides some protection against things, including you, accidentally switching off the safety or contacting the trigger. The gun lovers probably know that the safety often resides outside the confines of the holster to make switching it off a little faster in emergency situations. But not all holsters and guns are the same. You can get whatever degree of safety you want if you spend a little time thinking about how you plan to carry and use the weapon ahead of time.

I am and always will be for the right to bear arms but I am also the first person to say that there is a great deal of responsibility that goes with that right that cannot be overlooked, even for a moment. That kind of power has to be respected. If its not, it will find a way to punish you sooner or later.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Awww...so quick to judge, yet so slow to ask the right question in your title. It should read, "Who Plays With Their Loaded Firearm At A Wedding?"

Most of my friends are either CCDW permit holders, ex-military, or indifferent to guns because they're intelligent enough to understand that it's not the gun that causes accidents, it's the person handling the weapon.

That said, I'll concealed carry to any and every wedding if the wedding party allows it--I do have the decency to ask, first, of course. And, of course, I keep it concealed and don't play with the damn thing.

Reading through this thread, it's really sad to see how many people are scared of the tool and not the operator...it's a real display of the lack of logic permeating the internet these days.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
Not all small arms have a 'hammer' to pull back. They all have a safety, which can easily be bumped to off accidently.

I have the service-version of the S&W M&P .40C, and the only safety that it has is a trigger safety, which can never be "bumped to off." Also, the safety on my M&P Bodyguard can not be easily bumped to off, either...it's low-profile and quite stiff.

I'm not nitpicking, I'm just pointing that not all safeties are easy to accidentally manipulate or, for that matter, even exist.

As for the rest of your comment, you're spot on, especially this part:

I am and always will be for the right to bear arms but I am also the first person to say that there is a great deal of responsibility that goes with that right that cannot be overlooked, even for a moment. That kind of power has to be respected.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: slapmonkey

Nope not afraid of the tool.

Would you bring a shovel to a wedding?

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
Nope not afraid of the tool.

Would you bring a shovel to a wedding?

Stupid question, so I'll respond with a stupid answer: Turtle.

Well, maybe if I thought I could easily conceal it on my waste and it cause me no discomfort or issues getting in and out of my vehicle or sitting for long periods of time.

No, I would not bring a shovel to a wedding. Have any more unnecessary questions? I wouldn't put a squid in my pocket, either, or dissolved candy canes, or twigs, tire irons, or my toddler's rocking chair, or an apple slicer.

Actually, there are many things I would not bring to a wedding, one of which is a pompous attitude that anyone there with a properly holstered pistol is a moron or a fool--although, I don't disagree that this guy, if he was "playing with a gun," is a moron.

Anything else?

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Chadwickus

If ever there was a clearer case of "we need more laws against stupid", you'd have to travel a ways to find it...

That person is an idiot. Playing with a firearm? ...at a wedding? Seriously? I really hope someone punched him a few dozen times...

Just...wow. You can't fix stupid.

Can I just point out that more laws against things that are already against the law aren't actually going to fix anything?

I mean, how many redundant laws do we have already?

Can't we just go back to a few basic ones, where everyone knows the line between legal and not legal?

Apparently not. More incoherent laws. Clearly that would have prevented this.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

I know that.

More gun laws are just about the last thing America needs. Fewer stupid people would be useful, too.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   

It's not a stupid question..

There is absolutely no need to bring to a gun to a wedding...unless you're Arab...

This isn't the Wild West anymore

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

It's not a stupid question..

There is absolutely no need to bring to a gun to a wedding...unless you're Arab...

This isn't the Wild West anymore

Says you.

Concealed carry of a deadly weapon is for that 0.00001% chance that one day you may need to defend yourself or your family's lives with deadly force. Bad things happen at weddings, in church, at funerals, at schools, at daycares, at movie theaters, at malls, while on vacation, in one's own home, while driving a car, while in a drive-thru, while walking a dog, etc, etc.

Sure, maybe the chances of something bad happening at a wedding are even lower, but that doesn't mean that I shouldn't carry--an action that, being very responsible and cognizant of firearm safety, puts no one in danger.

Can you give me a reason--other than purely ideological--why I shouldn't continue to exercise my right to carry a weapon concealed for personal protection if the wedding party has no issue with it? You cite "absolutely no need to," but there's never a need for a lot of things, until you need it. If you do, it's better to have it than wish you did.

I carry a blanket in my vehicle just in case of a winter-time breakdown. I've never had to use it--ever--but I still keep it in there, just in case. Similar concept--preparedness does not equate to paranoia or a Wild-West mentality.

<< 1  2   >>

join