It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who brings a gun to a wedding?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   
This guy, apparently..

Five people were injured Saturday during an accidental shooting at a wedding reception at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel, New York City authorities said.

A guest at the wedding was playing with a gun at about 7:20 p.m. when it accidentally fired, police sources told NBC 4 New York, stressing that their investigation is in a preliminary stage.

It's hard to defend the rights of gun owners when morons do things like this.

www.nbcnewyork.com...

edit on 14/6/15 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Who brings a gun to a wedding?

Well in the US it depends on what area the wedding takes place...

In the world it seems many countries do it all the time.

And one that looks more like a war than a wedding...

And to answer the question...Fools do.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Well it beats throwing rice I guess..

And to answer the question...Fools do

Yup

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
My first obvious thought on seeing 5 were injured was the dad brought his shotgun. After reading the article, it seems that was not the case. I wonder what was actually shot to shower glass shards on the guests? (chandelier? Window?) No matter, obviously, someone did not have gun safety training and is going to seriously regret that night! Thankfully, no one was seriously injured.

Had a thought...perhaps it was a wedding present!

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Well it beats throwing rice I guess..

Not as cheap though.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

The custom of firing guns at a wedding was responsible for all too many civilian deaths in Afghanistan.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

The custom of firing guns at a wedding was responsible for all too many civilian deaths in Afghanistan.

Seems like the fun thing to do...problem is gravity.

Seems that some forget what goes up eventually comes down and it doesn't care where it lands, or who it lands on.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Maybe it was a.....

Shotgun wedding?

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Traditionally, it's the father of the bride that brings a shotgun to the wedding to keep the groom from making a break for it.

I miss the good ol' days.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

I was actually asked to bring a gun to a wedding once.
I was the best man.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I thought NY had the strictest of gun laws? With all those restrictions, this type of thing can't happen, right? I guess laws are only followed by the law abiding. To those that choose not to follow them,a law is as good as the paper it is written on.

Perhaps NY needs to pass a laws saying you can't fire a gun inside a hotel? More laws, yes, that is what will come of this...more useless pieces of paper.

< rolls eyes >

When will people learn?

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Better gun safety should come out of it, that's what will come of it..

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Doubtful. The guy was supposedly "playing" with the gun at a wedding. Seems pretty stupid to me, and you can't fix stupid.

Or legislate it.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Stupidity is definitely the key word here.

It's one thing to bring it to a wedding, it's another thing to "play" with it. Just leave it alone!

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

I thought NY had the strictest of gun laws?

The City is even worse. Only law enforcement and few others are able to legally carry. New York City does not grant carry status to non-residents so even a New York State permit is useless there.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The City is even worse. Only law enforcement and few others are able to legally carry. New York City does not grant carry status to non-residents so even a New York State permit is useless there.

That is exactly my point. The fact that the MSM is burying the details on this story speaks volumes to me. Had this happened in a hotel in an open carry state, rest assured, it would be blasted in the MSM and calls for stricter gun controls would be forthcoming. However, since it happened in one of the strictest gun control states, in the city that has even more stringent controls, it gets a one hour story and a few lines of text. No names, no details, no follow up, nothing.

Sounds like an agenda to ..... oh look, a shiny thing over there.....

I call shenanigans on the MSM over this event.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Who bring gun to a wedding? My husband did, yes, to OUR wedding and while in the church, Catholic church, when I found out he did I was soo mad at him, but not for long as we had to get to our honeymoon.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

That is exactly my point. The fact that the MSM is burying the details on this story speaks volumes to me. Had this happened in a hotel in an open carry state, rest assured, it would be blasted in the MSM and calls for stricter gun controls would be forthcoming. However, since it happened in one of the strictest gun control states, in the city that has even more stringent controls, it gets a one hour story and a few lines of text. No names, no details, no follow up, nothing.

Sounds like an agenda to ..... oh look, a shiny thing over there.....

I call shenanigans on the MSM over this event.

LOL! maybe they need a new police comissioner? I hear tom selleck plays a good one.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Looking at this thread again, something seems a little fishy.

Seeing that it was at the Waldorf Astoria, I figured there had to be some money at this wedding. I don't think most people in NYC could afford to have a wedding there, but I really don't know.

So, checking out the link, I can't help but notice that the story is very short on details. Apparently one shot from the gun, five people injured. It seems a woman was grazed in the head by the bullet, and the rest of the injuries were the result of broken glass and marble. It showed the woman taken out on a stretcher, but no mention of anyone else needing real medical attention. Maybe the "five people injured" was a wee bit of hype? A lot of unanswered questions, there.

Why did this guy have a gun at the wedding? Not everyone in NYC walks around with a gun. Was he acting as security for one of the wealthier guests? Was he law enforcement? The story says he was "playing" with the gun. Define "playing." Was he playing cowboys and indians with some of the kids? Was he trying to impress a bridesmaid with his quickdraw skills? Or maybe the gun just fell out of the holster and went off (should have had the safety on). Is "playing" just a bit more hype?

I'm looking forward to more details on this story. Dollars to doughnuts that if man turns out to be law enforcement or legitimate security, the story will change from "playing" to "unfortunate accident" and the "five people injured" will change to "one superficial injury."

eta I seem to be Johnny Come Late here. Other posters are already making these points.

edit on 14-6-2015 by VictorVonDoom because: Call me Johnny

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

I am wondering the same. I can speculate based upon the cost of a wedding at the Waldorf Astoria being so above "normal folks" that it has the potential to be a group of non-US citizens that have a lot of money. There are some nationalities that have billionaire families based upon the oil industry, that could afford to "sweep this incident" under the rug. These type of families have a lot of political pull in our government to make this happen, and assure that nobody is charged with a crime. Event though. the gun laws are the strictest there....political power carries more weight.

I would not be surprised if this was the case. Or of a local politician's family having the wedding, which carries the same weight above the laws it seems.

So, crush the story, and divert the attention elsewhere.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join