It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus paid for It

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Hopefully you find both the humor and the lesson. If you fail to see both you may be offended, however this is not my intent.

I was walking into Wal-Mart when I noticed a lady walking out with a bicycle. Immediately after she walked out 3 security guards surrounded her.

The lead security officer said, "mam you did not pay for that bike."

The lady replied, "that's right and I am not going to."

The puzzled officer replied, "but mam you have to pay for the bike."

The lady asked, "If I don't pay for the bike is that stealing?"

The officer replied, "Yes"

The lady asked, "Is stealing a sin?"

The officer replied, "Yes"

The lady replied, "Then Jesus Paid for it"

The moral.

Jesus paid for the sins you commit out of ignorance. Once you accept the Holy Spirit as your guide there is no place for willful sin in your life.
edit on 13-6-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
can i swap jesus`s purchase fore something more useful ?

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Hmm...Does Jesus pay for expensive electronics too?

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

She must be an advisor to this administration.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
There is humour and a message... ;-)

It's humurous how easily doctrine can be twisted to support a person's perceived position.

The lesson is it's time to remove religious doctrine from society and replace it with concepts of personal responsibility.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Christ, how stupid can people be. If this sort of half-hearted crap goes on, we may as well give china the whole world and be done with it.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Even if it was true, Jesus paid for her sins not her bike. So she doesn't owe a debt for her sins, but still owes Wal-Mart for the Bike.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   
This story is a great example of how these people try to justify everything with their religion. Even though i'm sure it never happened. The real lesson here is that you can't trust christians because their frame of mind allows them to use idiotic stories like this and they think they are teaching you a lesson on morality.

#onlychristiansaresinners

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   
" For three years every Christmas I asked Jesus for a new bike.
Then I realized he didn't work that way, so I stole one and asked for forgiveness. " - Unknown Comedian.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: puzzlesphere

Yea, and maybe this just a misunderstanding based on your definition of religion, but how exactly do you get personal responsibility without a transcendent consciousness?

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Sterotype much?

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73
Jesus paid for the sins you commit out of ignorance. Once you accept the Holy Spirit as your guide there is no place for willful sin in your life.

So the best deal would be to live a life full of sin, and just before you die accept the Holy spirit and ask for forgiveness!
there are saints accepted by the church who did exactly that

Imo this isn't moral at all, Just like the concept of sin isn't moral

I you are good just because being bad has consequences (sins) then you are not really a good person.

On the other hand when you are good without expecting a reward, (or a punishment of being bad) then you are truly a good person.

Nonetheless it was a nice story, but what I got from it, was the irony of sin

thanks for sharing...

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
By the same logic he could have shot her dead on the spot.
Still going to Heaven because some guy was horribly murdered over 2000 years ago.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   
cool

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb
How does a transcendent consciousness have anything at all to do with personal responsibility? Personal responsibility comes from within not from some perceived and completely unproven "greater power".

Your beliefs and wishes don't make it so.

I worry for you if you think an external force has any bearing whatsoever on a person's choices and understanding of their position in a broader social context. You think that how you react to others is defined by god? What about free will?

Even the definition of your religion from all known sources gives man the "gift" of freewill...

So which is it? Free will or we're all puppets of your god?

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
When you think about how can someone who was killed 2000 years pay for someone wrongdoings they may commit tomorrow. That's why I don't like christianity it's a made up religion never mentionedin the Bible. The Bible isn't even a Christian book. Then a crucifix, they killed the man who basically talking about destroying the world back then, now they worship a image of him dying on a cross. If Jesus was here he'll probably order the elimination of all of them starting with the pope. The Bible says one like Jesus will come with a government on his shoulders and they'll do it...

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
A modern day parable, eh? The church needs new writers. That was terrible.

And Jesus was late to the party. There were already saviors who had come and died for the sins of mankind centuries before Jesus was born.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb
a reply to: Woodcarver

Sterotype much?
No not at all. Because christians believe in jesus. Which is rediculous.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: puzzlesphere

So which is it? Free will or we're all puppets of your god?

I never implied that free will didn't exist, though if you don't believe in some type of God I don't see how you could believe free will exist.... My question was about your position not my own so why try and change the subject. Now when you said "it's time to remove religious doctrine from society and replace it with concepts of personal responsibility," I take that to mean all organized systems of beliefs, ceremonies, and rules used to worship a god or a group of gods should be eradicated and replaced with "personal responsibility". What is personal responsibility without God? The words seem to lose their meaning. You cannot place intrinsic value upon human life, or life at all for that matter, within a framework that is void of an external creator. Life in a world without a God is like a rock floating thru space. I am studying to become a programmer. In programming you can mainly think about everything as an input, a process, and an output. Life in a world void of God simply becomes the input of chemicals, a process of relaying the chemicals thru electrical signals, and outputting a specific result. There is no intrinsic value to the output of chemical reactions and electricity it simply is what it is. So again I think maybe our conversation would go a bit easier and we could understand each other more if you explained your position a little better..
edit on 14-6-2015 by ServantOfTheLamb because: typo

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join