It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet Ceres shows the signs of an intelligent civilization based on photos

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar

originally posted by: Ross 54

originally posted by: JadeStar

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: JadeStar

I know more mine lol

Here is a question for you then Jade.

Ok.

The next lot of photos does show an ancient seemingly abandoned alien base and everyone sees it.
What do you think the space community would do? would we get an international mission to go and have a look?.

Well the first thing that would happen is the pictures would be looked at in every possible way to rule EVERYTHING natural out. Even if it looked like some ancient alien base the threshold to declare that is quite high and no one respectable wants to look like Giorgio so you can bet all of Dawns instruments, particularly VIR (Visible and infrared spectrometer) and GRanD (Gamma Ray and Neutron Detector) would be doing overtime looking at that possible base.

Using data from both instruments would be able to tell us things like what it was made out of and even possibly how long it has been there., ie: when it was built.

So let's assume it all checked out and it was a base that was left there by some alien species who came to our Solar System a few million years ago.

Well then it's GAME ON!!!

Every nation with a space agency will be ramping up both it's robotic and its human spaceflight development. I suspect there would be an announcement by most world leaders that we aren't alone and Mazlan Othman at UNOOSA (UN Office of Outer Space Affairs) would probably call for a special UN session to co-ordinate international space exploration efforts targeted at Ceres.

You could end up seeing either a "gold rush" type thing in absence of that (ala The Gateway series of books by Frederick Pohl) or a global space exploration agency (ala Extant, Star Trek, etc) in the wake of such a discovery.

I'd also expect a lot of companies trying to cash in by renting time on old Russian and US planetary radar and satellite communication stations offering to "Send your tweet to the Ceres Alien Base for only $20 per message" and stuff.

Beyond that it would be AWESOME BEYOND BELIEF!!!!! God knows everyone in my astronomy and astrophysics classes will be fully employed for life

Jade; A very interesting, and moving, scenario you suggest, of what could happen if possible or confirmed signs of an extraterrestrial presence were found on Ceres.

Yep, too bad it's just a sci-fi scenario.

In a week or so I figure most armchair alien hunters will be bored with Ceres's brightness variations now that we're get a close look at them and they're looking perfectly natural.

I suspect they'll be moving further out, to another mission with blurry imagery. New Horizon's "canal" on Pluto*.....

* i don't actually think it is a canal of course.

Some of the, other, dimmer bright spots, at locations other than area 5 , do indeed look natural; quite scattered and dispersed. At least one of these was compared to the area 5 bright spots in the infrared. It showed the expected thermal behavior of a light colored surface; it was cooler than its darker surroundings, due to its reflecting more and absorbing less heat.
The area 5 bright spots are relatively compact. On being observed, they did not appear to be reflecting the Sun's energy as expected of a light colored geological material.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Dawn Survey Orbit Image 6
This image, taken by NASA's Dawn spacecraft, shows dwarf planet Ceres from an altitude of 2,700 miles (4,400 kilometers). The image, with a resolution of 1,400 feet (410 meters) per pixel, was taken on June 6, 2015.

www.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
www.jpl.nasa.gov...

today's pic
edit on 18-6-2015 by egidio88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
I haven't seen any tracks or spills, and certainly no "signs of an intelligent civilization". Nice imagination, though.

As much as I want to see signs of intelligent civilization unfortunately i have to agree with this member, at least for the time being.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
www.jpl.nasa.gov...

today's pic

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

So where are these signs of intelligent life? Link some specific pictures not the whole website.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
i.imgur.com... our "pyramid" again... and nasa called it pyramid too on its facebook page, lol!

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Did all the impacters strike at 90 degree angles? No eliptical craters?

Disregard deny ignore

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: egidio88
i.imgur.com... our "pyramid" again... and nasa called it pyramid too on its facebook page, lol!

It looks like a pyramid from south/central America than Egypt.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: disregard
Did all the impacters strike at 90 degree angles? No eliptical craters?

Disregard deny ignore

Impacts from all but the most oblique angles (10° or less) produce a circular crater.
Explanation 1
Explanation 2

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood
a reply to: neoholographic

It's not just you, though i expect most of the following posts will be derisive, it should still be noted that isn't just you thinking that. I also expect the usual post kindly explaining what we already know, because why not repeat the definition of Pareidolia for the thousandth time.

Southern Hemisphere of Ceres

I wanna say Tower but that shadow shape just screams Loch Ness Monster....so who knows

Anyway, good luck dude.

Looks like a comms tower?
Me thinks we've been there before.....

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: EA006

Imagine that finding out it is a human base which died out and we just had to start over.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Fascinating.
Makes you wonder if it's/was an early warning station.
edit on 23-6-2015 by EA006 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   

www.jpl.nasa.gov...

today's pic

Did you look to the right of the bright white line in the top left?
There's a little "something" there.....

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   

I see that wonder what that is?.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I zoomed in on the tablet, it looks like a small square or rectangle with something sticking out the top.

Can you see it monkey?
edit on 23-6-2015 by EA006 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   

It looks like some sort of image artifact.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Yeah it does kinda look like something not on the plantoid but on the actual image but I hope its something else and cool

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: admirethedistance

It looks like some sort of image artifact.

It seems to match the cast shadows of the craters too.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: EA006

www.jpl.nasa.gov...

today's pic

Did you look to the right of the bright white line in the top left?
There's a little "something" there.....

it appears in every single picture we have. remember this?
files.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join