It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet Ceres shows the signs of an intelligent civilization based on photos

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Of course it's a question and that's why I ended the post like this:

Wouldn't other civilizations find Ceres interesting if they spotted it and wouldn't they send a mission to Ceres like we have? It just jumped out at me but maybe it's just me.

any 'civilization' doing exploration on the rock we call Ceres ~ would most likely have been Local... perhaps on of the Moons of Saturn/Jupiter would be their Home World
...mining engineers from another Solar System would be too far away to be a practical reality, but a gone-long-ago local civilization within this solar system might be highly likely

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Why would I look silly?

Because I dared to ask a question?

a reply to: neoholographic

"I'm not saying intelligent life lives on Ceres. I'm saying an intelligent civilization somewhere else was exploring the same planet we're exploring."

Err... that's not asking a question, it's making a statement.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Love your thoughts ..but. I am not seeing what your seeing..at this time

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

ATTENTION!

The topic of this thread is not about each other.

Knock off the insults. Debate the subject of the OP in a civilized manner, or do not post at all.

Continuing to post about each other, or trading insults will result in post removals, and post bans.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

a reply to: Thorneblood

Thanks, I already know the same "it can't be" crowd will pop up but I'm not concerned about them. They're no different than religious fanatics who can't see anything that doesn't agree with what they already believe.

I'm glad others see it as well. I'm not saying this is something definite but how can it be blindly dismissed?

Pot calling the kettle I think...

A religious fanatic believes in something with zero evidence. Clearly does not apply to folks who see rock formations instead of alien artifacts on a dwarf planet covered in rocks and meteor craters.

The fanatic is the one who "sees" alien artifacts in photos whose resolution is so low it is impossible to identify any non natural source.

FYI this latest alien artifact is in the middle of an impact crater DUH !!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

In my experience, claims of alien bases or spaceships "visible" in low-rez images always fall apart when you examine the higher-rez imagery. For example, this "city" on Mars:

turned out to be just some landslide that exposed brighter material underneath:

And the infamous Apollo 20 alien spaceship is really just a funky fold in the terrain:

I would be excited about finding signs of extraterrestrial civilisation just as anyone else, but I'd save my excitement for when something more tangible shows up than strongly subjective and illusory blurs and shapes.
edit on 14-6-2015 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
In case anyone else would like to know, I've had that memory since I was a child.

It always began with a green, scaly hand with long black talons.

Pretty @#$%y childhood memory, I gotta tell ya.

I've been researching this my whole life, and probably a bunch before.

And if you missed my point, between all those lines...

I pressed the button.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

Of course it's a question and that's why I ended the post like this:

Wouldn't other civilizations find Ceres interesting if they spotted it and wouldn't they send a mission to Ceres like we have? It just jumped out at me but maybe it's just me.

any 'civilization' doing exploration on the rock we call Ceres ~ would most likely have been Local... perhaps on of the Moons of Saturn/Jupiter would be their Home World
...mining engineers from another Solar System would be too far away to be a practical reality, but a gone-long-ago local civilization within this solar system might be highly likely

I agree because some of the same planets we're exploring will be of interest to other civilizations. Also, I think some of these civilizations can still be around if they made it past a type 1 civilization. They would have the technology to expand the life of their species and colonize other planets. If we're a type 0 civilization then our technology and understanding of the universe is still primitive. A type 2 civilization might look at iphones and ipads like we look at sending smoke signals to communicate.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Not sure what type they qualify as, but they're still around somewhere.

Probably 1 or 2, considering how many of my inventions they stole.

They're underground digging for the remains of our last civilization.

They won't find their scaly green skin down there, though, and they're not getting it back.

I made sure of that before I pressed the button.

...---...
...---...

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
If your looking for 'intelligent signs' gotta stop thinking like an earthling.

People need to stop applying our civilization/technology to another.

It will be totally different.

I didn't see anything in the photo either.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Ceres is a giant dust covered snow ball. Lo light cameras, high contrast of ice and dust from impactors creates this vivid distinction between "spots" on the surface.

I see bright spots on the surface in a lot of those pics…

Dawn image

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
*sigh*

As much as I would love there to be proof of aliens existing, some people have to stop jumping to conclusions on things that they cannot explain. Confirmation bias.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Cool find OP! S&F.
However, I wouldn't say that this is definitely signs of an intelligent life form that has visited, but wHo says that it can't be that?

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Seriously, You see tracks in a photo taken 4500 miles away!

Dude , lay off the carrots !

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
If an advanced civilization had visited CERES, wouldn't they have come from beyond our solar system? Beings that advanced wouldn't use rovers, spill WD-40, etc.. They'd just land, get what they wanted (samples, photos, etc.) and continue on to their next destination. They might have dumped their waste their though...

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Lights... but that's just my opinion.

Sorta looks like this.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

I think these "lights" on Ceres were discussed here in ATS several months ago. The conclusions ranged from cities inside of force-fields, to diamond deposits that have been exposed by erosion.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
I haven't seen any tracks or spills, and certainly no "signs of an intelligent civilization". Nice imagination, though.

Imaginations are lovely things aren't they.
Some people know it's their imagination at play, others cant distinguish between their imagination and the reality in front of them. And others still don't want to acknowledge or differentiate the two.

It would be nice if we found signs of another civilization on another celestial body, or even found an existing civilization out there somewhere.

I think one day we will. I don't think any of us will be around to see that happen though.
All this talk in recent years of earth like planets that can sustain life in distant galaxies, and all these probes and plans for mars missions and returning to the moon, I think, are precursors to finding another civilization out there in the universe. Scientists and what not I believe expect to find something, one day.

I very much doubt(for obvious reasons that should be obvious to everyone else) that the first 'break' will be on ATS by people with vivid imaginations from photos released by NASA.

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but at what stage do people grow tired of these nonsensical threads with worse then crack pot theories and explanations? At least a crack pot theory is interesting. This isn't even clutching at straws, because there are no straws to clutch at, but that hasn't stopped the desperate clutching.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
This is no civilization on Ceres and there are no lights on Ceres. Just something highly reflective in contrast to the darkness of Ceres? Is it ice? Is it salts? We'll find out soon enough but it's almost certain to be natural.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join