It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet Ceres shows the signs of an intelligent civilization based on photos

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

If he's right would that be BAD for you?

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic
a reply to: Kratos40

Your pictures don't show anything different.

I never said they were looking for oil. You have to read what I said. I said it looks like an oil spill but the spill would be of whatever energy source they may use.

Nobody said anything about mining for oil.

Still don't see any "oil spill". No evidence of ancient E.T. (or otherwise) presence on Ceres. Can you copy and paste an image of the area in question? A screen capture? I just see the reflection of ice in the crater.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Sorry, that took a few minutes.

It might be covered in ice but I recognize the formation.

The round part was the generator facility, and the rectangle, the research lab.

I'm amazed it's still there after a few million years, but it makes sense being the epicenter.

I know the pieces fit, because I watched them fall away.

The planet was mostly water, with a handful of islands.

The moon was overhead and to the right, the golden desert clear as day.

I can actually remember the explosion, as I was dying. Or after, I dunno, whatever.

Most of it was flung away from the sun, to be gobbled up by gas giants or become comets.

Some of it settled into the asteroid belt, and some around it's former moon.

Without the tidal force of the planet, though, it would have quickly cooled internally.

Most of a planet or moon's heat comes from it's molten core, assuming it has one.

Which means any of the survivors there would've been pretty screwed, pretty fast.

Don't really recall any lives on the moon, and don't really wanna go digging for them...

I think that little flashback was enough, for the time being.

PS I didn't need any of the hints, but thanks guys.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Wild speculation is wild. I prefer to stick to the more sensible speculation. Like an undocumented launch from earth (maybe TPTB explored this in the 60-70s) or one of those missing russian cosmonauts.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: CretumOrbis

Just a reminder, this is the Space Exploration forum, not the Fantasy and Science Fiction forum.

(post by Poppcocked removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Oh, I know where I used to work.

I was the head of research and development and primary technician for the generator.

The facility had a triangular perimeter.

The generator was on the west point, the lab on the east and a large park on the north.

Some auxiliary buildings too, of course.

Here, I'll show you.

They say a picture's worth a thousand words, but I'll let you count them.

PS I was going to write this anyways.

Also, I really want some high-res photos. Color would be nice too.

See what you can do about that.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Intelligent life? really? The quantamverse is bigger than the North American Union.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   

It almost looks like domed enclosures lit from the inside.

Im not sure what Ceres path is or rotation. Do we know if this thing rotates / spins where the bright spots are on a side not face the sun? I am curious if the bright spots remain bright.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Looks like the top of a human torso seen from the back, you can make out the arms and head.. and it cast a shadow to the south, made from the bright reflective thing its standing at ..

Allready made a thread about this, but apparently I am the only one that can see it.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic
a reply to: Thorneblood

That's what I'm saying.

I'm not saying a civilization lives on Ceres but it could be signs of a civilization that visited Ceres in the past. If there are other civilizations out there and I agree with Stephen Hawking that alien life almost certainly exists, then why wouldn't those civilizations find some of the same planets interesting for exploration?

But what are the signs you see that suggests advance civilization?

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I don't buy the ice theory at all, Europa has a surface made entirely of ice, but it doesn't shine like a star.

I don't think NASA believe it is ice either, or they wouldn't be sending the probe to Ceres.

It looks like a real mystery, and one of the most exciting pieces of space exploration the public has been allowed to witness.

Whatever it turns out to be, there's a strong chance we will be going back for closer investigation.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

Looks like the top of a human torso seen from the back, you can make out the arms and head.. and it cast a shadow to the south, made from the bright reflective thing its standing at ..

Allready made a thread about this, but apparently I am the only one that can see it.

How big would that shadow be?

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I'm not gona say "it's just your imagination and there's really nothing down there", but I'll say that, at this point, the image resolution is too low and we'll need higher-rez images from a lower orbit to make a better judgement of what we're looking at.

Time will tell if you're right or not, but I guess some people will see an alien base in every natural crevice or bright/dark material on the surface.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   

We will know a lot more by the end of the year or beginning of 2016 as Dawn will fly around Ceres in its current orbit until June 28 and then will start to spiral closer to Ceres. By August it should be at 900 miles (1450 km) orbit and by the end of 2015 Dawn is scheduled to be closest to Ceres at an altitude of 232 miles (373 kilometers) (from Nasa).

I could not even guess what those white spots are as I am not an expert, but so far the theories are:
Super ice that doesn't sublimate in a vacuum, impact glass, silica also created by impact hydrothermal synthesis, diamonds, Ammonium Chloride, salts, etc.

I personally believe there is a simple natural explanation but as a big sci-fi fan I would be absolutely chuffed if the bright spots turned up to be the signs of an unknown advanced civilization.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I soooo want it to be something from ET, but like others said earlier, its gonna be something natural

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Watchfull
I don't buy the ice theory at all, Europa has a surface made entirely of ice, but it doesn't shine like a star.

It does, with the apparent magnitude of 5.29 at opposition, bright enough to be seen with the naked eye (if it weren't for the much brighter Jupiter interfering with the view). It can be seen very easily in binoculars. Europa is very small and very far away from the Sun, so of course it doesn't shine as bright as the bright stars in the sky.

I don't think NASA believe it is ice either, or they wouldn't be sending the probe to Ceres.

Why wouldn't they be sending a probe to Ceres if they believed it was ice? They've sent the probe there to study the whole of Ceres, and the bright spots are just one of the things to study there.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: CretumOrbis

Oh, I know where I used to work.

I was the head of research and development and primary technician for the generator.

The facility had a triangular perimeter.

The generator was on the west point, the lab on the east and a large park on the north.

Some auxiliary buildings too, of course.

Here, I'll show you.

They say a picture's worth a thousand words, but I'll let you count them.

PS I was going to write this anyways.

Also, I really want some high-res photos. Color would be nice too.

See what you can do about that.

Yes, of course! I see it now. Thank you for pointing that info. for me. Are you ssure you can release such info.? I don't want you to "disappear".

edit on KSun, 14 Jun 2015 03:37:46 -0500am3020154640 by Kratos40 because: spelling and syntax

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join