It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edward Snowden DID Give Files to Russians, Chinese After All

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
So it appears that Edward Snowden DID give his stolen NSA files to the Chinese and Russian spy services after all.

He's been denying that this ever happened ever since the story broke in The Guardian. He's been trying to claim that he didn't go to China or Russia to sell secrets.

Of course, those of us who have a level of naivety a bit different from everyone else have always questioned his story.

Now, it appears MI5 have had to move agents because Russian and Chinese security services have cracked the files Snowden gave them.

www.bbc.com...

I still think that so much about the initial story makes no sense at all. How does someone that had made anti Government posts and was a known hacker get a job as a Systems Administrator working with sensitive NSA files in the first place. Even a most basic background check would have revealed he had made anti Government statements on social media.

How does a contractor with NSA ties hire an ex soldier who was dishonorably discharged to work for a Government contract? He apparently had no professional licenses of any kind required for the position.

I personally think Edward Snowden had help to get his position with NSA, and that the idea that he was a "lone wolf" working on behalf of the American people to expose Government programs is ridiculous.

+17 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

Complete twist and a lie.

Edward Snowden is as American as you can get, look into his family history.

Snowden is a hero who exposed high level crimes. And anyone who slanders him or lies about him I do not trust.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Sorry dbl post
edit on 13-6-2015 by RubberSky because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

So it appears that Edward Snowden DID give his stolen NSA files to the Chinese and Russian spy services after all.

Doesn't say that anywhere in the article.

How does a contractor with NSA ties hire an ex soldier who was dishonorably discharged to work for a Government contract? He apparently had no professional licenses of any kind required for the position.

The FBI actively recruited hackers and even threatened blackmail if the hackers didn't work for them.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
According to the Guardian the files were hacked not given to Russia and China.

The files held by Snowden were encrypted, but now British officials believe both countries have hacked into the files, according to the report.

Source

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

The files were hacked, not given. Snowden did his due diligence in encrypting them.

You owe someone an apology.

edit on 1434251162Saturday30Sat, 13 Jun 2015 22:06:02 -0500pmSaturday06101030 by Ultralight because: I hate auto correct!!

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: RubberSky

Snowden is a patriot.

edit on 1434251108Saturday30Sat, 13 Jun 2015 22:05:08 -0500pmSaturday05101030 by Ultralight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

This almost sounds like a hit piece. Does it matter if Snowden gave info to the Russians or Chinese? What matters is that we all know what the U.S. government is up to thanks to his sacrifice.
This levels the playing field. Do you think Merkel was happy when she found out that her personal cellphone conversations were being monitored by the NSA?

Hey, warum Sie mich ausspioniert ? Obama!

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

lol snowden didn't give up anything that other countries didn't already know... you guys kill me.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
This is all global theater. Every intelligence agency is fully aware of each other's secrets throught modern times. Period. The gamechanger is that these secrets were made public in an information age of the internet. That's why there's a paniced scramble to lock the webway down.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

The files were hacked, not given. Snowden did his due diligence in encrypting them.

You owe someone an apology.

If the files weren't hacked by Snowden how did he do his due diligence and encrypt them?

Snowden is no hero that information first came out in 1988 and here's a 2000 version from 60 minutes giving the same information Snowden gave .

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: trifecta
This is all global theater. Every intelligence agency is fully aware of each other's secrets throught modern times. Period. The gamechanger is that these secrets were made public in an information age of the internet. That's why there's a paniced scramble to lock the webway down.

100000000% correct... you will not convince these people though.

Im getting out my *popcorn*

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
How does someone that had made anti Government posts and was a known hacker get a job as a Systems Administrator working with sensitive NSA files in the first place.

because the U.S government really is that stupid. Under the guise of affirmative action any miscreant can get hired by the U.S. government.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Funny, I've read reports the Chinese and Russians broke into his encrypted files.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Sorry but the source of the story is an "anonymous government source." Over the decades I have learned that this translates to a planned release of a fictional story by the government to further their objectives, and the story is usually as based in reality as was Alice in Wonderland. The Onion has more truth to it than anything that comes out of any government. I suspect the various spy agencies will now point to their, I mean the the anonymous, source as the reason why they need more money, more power, more freedom from oversight and why we should all be very very very afraid. Please, they can only cry wolf so many times.
edit on 13-6-2015 by metamagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus

originally posted by: babybunnies
How does someone that had made anti Government posts and was a known hacker get a job as a Systems Administrator working with sensitive NSA files in the first place.

because the U.S government really is that stupid. Under the guise of affirmative action any miscreant can get hired by the U.S. government.

Affirmative action? For Edward Snowden? Am I missing something?

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Wow. The number of people on a conspiracy site who completely buy the official story on this is astounding.

"Make a lie big enough, and tell it long enough, and eventually everyone will just believe you" - Joseph Goebbels

So many people on here try ridiculous conspiracy theories on ridiculous subjects, and completely ignore the potential for conspiracy theories in official versions of major events.

The idea of a conspiracy theory is to ask the questions that the mainstream haven't been asking.

Just because Snowden has an American background doesn't mean he wasn't turned. He had an extremely dodgy background and was known as hsving very anti Government views before he applied for the contractor. He was also living with a stripper, which was a massive security risk. The NSA application process is SPECIFICALLY designed to filter guys just like him from the application process.

Snowden's background and situation at time of hire literally SCREAMED "don't hire me", but they did anyway. I mean, he was a main writer of software for the dark web, for God's sake, who had made anti Government posts in social media. NSA has admitted that anti Government rhetoric is a main reason to be denied a position during the hiring process, as it's an indication you'd do something nefarious with any information you came across.

He also knew in advance how to beat NSA security tests designed to filter out liars during the process (he would have lied in interview for reasons for applying for job, as he knew he was going to do this in advance), something that, despite what Hollywood will tell you, would be extremely difficult to do without a LOT of training.

And the FBI or other law enforcement didn't force him to apply, he applied of his own violation, at his own admission, specifically to expose the program.

Anyone who uses false pretences to apply to a Government position is a traitor and a spy, by very definition. The fact that he supposedly did it for GOOD doesn't make this any less treasonable.

I owe him an apology? Don't make me laugh!
edit on 13-6-2015 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join