It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ongoing Allergy Issues & Hives

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Sometime in February I woke up with incredible swelling of the lips and eyes, and slight swelling in my tongue. I was covered in hives. Fast forward a week, and all I'd been prescribed was an epi-pen, despite having hives everyday, and swelling of the lips almost every morning. Fast-forward to May and I was admitted to the hospital after a scary experience where my throat closed up at work, not enough to fully constrict, but enough to terrify me. After being practically dismissed at the ER, my family doctor, who is also an on-call ER doctor had me admitted. I was given a shot of epinephrine, and I was sent home. From then on out I was absolutely covered in hives every single day. My doctor put me on a regimen of Reactine and Montelukast.

I was still covered in hives, and at the end of my patience with being itchy every single day, so I started eating only plain white rice. This brought my hives down to 0, but most attempts to add in foods resulted in hives, with the exception of broccoli ....but not too much broccoli!

This mystery is so unnerving to me. After 30 years of never having an adverse reaction to anything, except my Hepatitis vaccine as an 11 year old, I wake up one day and BAM!

Has anyone else experienced such a sudden onset of allergy like symptoms?

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
My gods! I wouldn't know the first thing to advise you on.

I'd see an allergist ASAP.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Unfortunately, it's an 8 month wait!

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

I'm allergic to benedryl (of all things) so for seasonal allergy issues, I take a spoonful of locally made honey.

It seems to help me, but it sounds like your reactions are much broader.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I've heard about the honey trick for hay fever. A tasty solution.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I never had a single allergy problem till about 6-7 years ago. I'm almost 60. I'm talking about going my entire life without so much as a sniffle. This last spring was horrible. I got some OTC stuff like Claritin, which helped slightly.

I prefer going the nutritional route and try to avoid drugs. I've been doing a tonic of honey and apple cider vinegar, which really seems to be helping. I read that there is an absolute epidemic of chronic bronchial and respiratory maladies infecting people the last couple years. Some people have had miraculous results with elderberry in different forms. Extracts, teas, etc.
I've also read that the supplement Querciten has done wonders for some. It's inexpensive. I'm going to get some soon and try it out.

Read some testimonials here:
Quercitin
edit on 13-6-2015 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Not sure it's hay fever, the hives is maybe a reaction to ingestion . My sister in her adult years developed terrible hives from calamari. And then she got worse hives in her 40s from aspirin, ibuprofen, and Aleve.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Mine is definitely not hay fever, no. I can't wait to nail down my triggers.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Sadly it will be a matter of process off elimination then, might take years. I think a blood test can eliminate some of the obvious ones. But with allergies.... it's a tough one.

Good luck, hope you feel better soon

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Are you in high Chemtrails spray area.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: RubberSky

If I was in a "high chemtrails area" wouldn't myself and all of my neighbours be experiencing my symptoms. Please don't say "chemtrails" might be the cause of my medical issues just because you've just created a chemtrails thread and no one is taking the bait.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Oh so you don't even know about Chemtrails ?

I hope your problem isn't caused by the US government geo engineering program because you would never be able to solve it because for you it doesn't exist.

You probably also don't know that some people can eat poisonous mushroom and never feel a thing while others die.

People don't know a lot of things.
edit on 13-6-2015 by RubberSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Think back, what change did you make in February? It could be anything from a change in food or a change in the chemistry of a food you buy. It could be a shampoo, a deoderant, or even an air freshener. It could be mold growing since then or maybe a mouse in the house. It could be a companion food you removed from your diet.

Most times you can figure it out.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Try sleeping with your windows closed at night, or at least closing them before 4am. The air is so polluted these days that I find closing my windows at night helps. A lot of people who spent most of their lives hay fever and allergy free are developing allergies. I can't even eat apples, pears, plums, peaches or grapes without vomiting now days. I get a severe reaction from the skin on these fruits. The gmo's we've been eating for the past 2 decades is starting to take it's toll on our bodies.
I grew up eating pears, and apples everyday now I can't. Please close your windows before dawn it'll help a lot.
edit on 13-6-2015 by Teeky because: word

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   

I wonder if you could introduce oatmeal with honey into your diet? Oats are one of those foods (like rice) that people are less likely to be allergic to. Also, an oatmeal bath is supposed to be good for all sorts of skin ails.

Hope you get to the bottom of this!

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Look into intestinal flora( gut bacteria) and allergies. You might want to try probiotics until you can correct the problem through eating foods that boost your good bacteria. That will also boost your immune system.
Probiotics Can Cure Peanut Allergy

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Perhaps you've developed an true allergy (rather than celiac disease which is a different pathophyisiologic process) to gluten? Try a gluten-free diet and see how that works (white rice and broccoli are both gluten-free).

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
a reply to: RubberSky

wouldn't myself and all of my neighbours be experiencing my symptoms.
is everyone or no one on earth allergic to peanuts ? obviously not everyone reacts the same way to contaminants

how severely your body reacts to things is a measurement of your immune systems health
edit on 6/14/15 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: pryingopen3rdeye

Yes I understand this. It still isn't "chemtrails".

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

check out this link: www.abovetopsecret.com... I suffered from hives and it was an under active thyroid. Just throwing that out there as one possible reason. Good luck!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join