It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only 124,999 billion To Go, give or take a billion or So! (assuming this is accurate!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Search for signs of alien civilisations in 100,000 galaxies has turned up nothing.

This is a fairly small sample size to me, I still hold a large degree of optimism that we are not alone in this Amazing Universe (or galaxy for that matter). Do we really think that every civilization out there has to emulate all the physical properties of Earth or that life outside of this atmosphere would behave the same way as humans?

Our Earth has over 1.8 million species alone and they are very diverse here; stands to reason that there are a quadrillion species elsewhere that can be just as diverse. Whether we locate them or not. I would not expect them to tell us the truth though based on past history.

www.sciencealert.com...

Scientists have searched 100,000 galaxies for signs of advanced extraterrestrial life, and come back empty-handed. Using NASA’s WISE satellite, the researchers were looking for energy signatures that would suggest the use of advanced alien technology elsewhere in the Universe.

"The idea behind our research is that, if an entire galaxy had been colonised by an advanced spacefaring civilisation, the energy produced by that civilisation's technologies would be detectable in mid-infrared wavelengths - exactly the radiation that the WISE satellite was designed to detect," lead researcher Jason T. Wright, an astrophysicist at Penn State University in the US, said in a press release.

While the video is cute and fun to watch, it does not dismiss the possibility of life elsewhere. It is however extremely arrogant of us to think we are the first and only civilization to exist on a planet as young as ours is purported to be. In my opinion.

"The Hubble Space Telescope has found there may be 125 billion galaxies in the universe."

hypertextbook.com...

The universe is made up of many galaxies. When galaxies were first discovered they were called island universes because they looked like islands of stars in a dark sea. New galaxies are discovered every day containing large numbers of stars. My results show the number of galaxies from some sources is the same and from some it is different. The more recent sources give larger numbers. This is because of new inventions that make it easier to find galaxies. One of these is the Hubble Space Telescope which enables us to see farther out into space and locate more of the universe's galaxies. These sources are just estimates because the numbers are always changing. Another reason that we do not know the exact number of galaxies is because they range in sizes. There can be extremely large galaxies and extremely small galaxies. The smaller galaxies are harder to detect.

Topaz Murray -- 1999

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Interesting video Soul, I for one agree with you. I do think we have been given much in the way of proof over the years and that there are certain people that are privy to the pertinent information the public clamors for.

I think they keep this to themselves for fear of how humans would react and how the dynamics of our civilization would change drastically with such information, from religion to the monetary system in place and how there is a power vacuum that has been in place for 1000's of years here.

S and F for you, thanks!

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

There are a thousand barriers to communication that we're aware of, likely more that we cannot even fathom yet. I wouldn't worry about stuff like this. Life doesn't have to be intelligent to be significant.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

Thanks and I think you have made a very good point!

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SpongeBeard

True. I do not really require proof either. I am not worried. They exist and I do not call them Aliens either. I call them other entities. Thanks for stopping by.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I don't understand why we'd automatically think they use our type of energy production and usage. There could be undetectable types of energy that they use or maybe gather from another dimension. To me it sounds pretty ridiculous harnessing a stars output by building a Dyson sphere or something like it when even we know now that the amount of energy in one centimeter square of space exceeds the visible energy in the universe. There must be a way to tap that or use the type of fusion Bob Lazar witnessed. Yes I do believe him lol

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
You would think we'd stumble across at least one. If we found one it would mean there are billion if not trillions in our universe. As with everything, "as above, so below" I'd gather it's safe to assume that if we have such a huge variety of life here on earth than so does the universe.

Than again, if this is a holographic universe, I suppose we'll just have to patiently wait for the appropriate corresponding 1's and 0's before they're "discovered".

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Searching for life elsewhere? We should be searching for more people locally on Terra who can formulate a plan to save our planet, not everyone can be Mensa material.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Why do they look for (b)Advanced(/b) life signs?
There maybe many other planets out there that have life similar to us but not advance alien tech.
What are they looking for a hyper drive or warp drive? If so who would they know .......

This Uni is to vast for us to be the ONLY ones here..

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: NiZZiM

Exactly. There is so much about the Universe that we do not understand. They are constantly changing the way we view things. Many of the products we use that we think are safe end up killing people with cancer. This may a bit off topic, but it just goes to demonstrate we really have no way of knowing for sure even what reality is or how dimensions work or if hyper sonic travel is possible.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Do you really think they would tell us if they had? There is one we are supposed to think is real. So, yes, the very real possibility that there are others is true. You could be right, we may be just living in a simulated holographic computer program and everything we know is being programmed into our collective consciousness.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DogMeat

Way to vast if in fact our perception is the truth. Assuming facts not in evidence and subjective theories about our own existence makes any conclusions about the existence of life elsewhere tenuous and difficult to comprehend or prove.

We barely understand the complexities of our own human condition, let alone the possibilities of other life elsewhere and what conditions they exist under or their advancement beyond our own capabilities.

Still, any proof that we have been given would be questioned, either way. If there was proof would they actually share it with us?

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: WolfBytes

Do you think the sample size provided is adequate? Do you think there is life elsewhere? If so, do you think it requires Earth like atmospheric conditions?

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: NiZZiM
I don't understand why we'd automatically think they use our type of energy production and usage. There could be undetectable types of energy that they use or maybe gather from another dimension. To me it sounds pretty ridiculous harnessing a stars output by building a Dyson sphere or something like it when even we know now that the amount of energy in one centimeter square of space exceeds the visible energy in the universe. There must be a way to tap that or use the type of fusion Bob Lazar witnessed. Yes I do believe him lol

people seem to forget a sphere holds in all the suns output, heat mainly, the inside of that sphere would cook right up to the heat of the sun itself, stupid idea.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
A much better idea would be a ring world, would not need so much material.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
a reply to: SpongeBeard

True. I do not really require proof either. I am not worried. They exist and I do not call them Aliens either. I call them other entities. Thanks for stopping by.

I have stopped my own usage of the word alien except in comparing two objects/concepts as outside points to myself. I am not alien to anything, and so no other thing is alien to me in as much as I know it..

So absolute zero is alien to earth.. Like that.. Mexicans are not alien to Americans.. "Entities" are not alien to me.

Besides that, who is waiting for contact? I think they are looking in the wrong spot. Running in circles almost.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

In truth, life can exist under the gravest conditions. Survivalism is one but many.

join