It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lady problems - looking for advice

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: YogaGinns

Love this post, star for you! That is good advice I can use when it happens to me.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

I always have a problem with low blood sugar- I get hypoglycemic and weak/dizzy- during pregnancy it would cause me to faint. It was funny how the first doctor who noticed that when I was young immediately assumed it was from eating too much junk food- when at the time I was very poor, underweight and living off of lettuce and powdered milk (cheapest way to survive!).

So it can go either way. Luckily, I live in a rural area of south France, so at least I have no temptation of fast food -it doesn't exist here. Bread, however, is a staple they adore, and though we don't buy it for home, when eating with others, they always have it on the table and some things are meant to be eaten with it.
(also not a good place for someone with lactose intolerance, as cheese is part of every meal too!)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: jazz10
a reply to: Bluesma
Have you heard of melatonin?
;-)

I have, and I have some. But I have found that when I start taking it, I sleep well at night, but remain sleepy through the day as well!

Does it have a beneficial effect for these problems?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   

At university I lived a while on pikelets oats and y bone but lettuce and powdered milk aces that thats dustbowl stuff.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Great advice! (and happy to hear some more evidence that it can get better with time!)
I will look those up.
I also walked by a new place yesterday that has yoga classes of various sorts. I got the idea of taking some lessons, as soon as my arms allow it. It could only be good for me in one way or another.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

At university I lived a while on pikelets oats and y bone but lettuce and powdered milk aces that thats dustbowl stuff.

It is... but I was a single mother and college student- I had to consider feeding my son before myself!

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I also walked by a new place yesterday that has yoga classes of various sorts. I got the idea of taking some lessons, as soon as my arms allow it. It could only be good for me in one way or another.

I think you will benefit greatly from yoga, look for a class that is "relaxing and restorative" as this will help reduce the stress hormones and help take a load off the adrenal glands. Any form of relaxed breathing is a good way to start while you wait for the shoulder to heal.

I believe you will find that menopause is regarded as a special time in a woman's life in most cultures outside of North America. This is the stage in life when a woman is acknowledged for her age and wisdom and not considered the "horrible depressing thing" that we in the west make it out to be. The age of the hag is to be revered!

Red Hot Mamas

An excerpt from the above link.

In some native cultures, menopause is seen as a positive transitional period. Ancient cultures perceived menopause as a way to make wisdom. When a woman ceased menstruation, her blood remained in her body for the purpose of making wisdom. A menopausal woman was held in high esteem and respected as she became wiser. Communities heavily relied on aging women as they were frequently sought out for advice. These wise women have an important, highly valued status. How can we continue this encouraging way of thinking? Menopause is a time of quiet celebration as a woman moves into a deeper level of self-discovery and spiritual awareness. This point of view is often overlooked.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Bluesma,
Start drinking apple cider vinegar mixed into your water. 1 -2 tablesspoons in a glass and you'll be good. Plenty of women in my family have used this successfully and my ex-girlfriends mother just started drinking this and all the hot flashes disappeared

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I applaud and salute you ladies who have had to suffer through these. I had one hot flash....lasted a LONG time (actually still think I'm getting residual because I turn my pillow over at least fifteen times a night...but don't wake up bathed in sweat, fortunately). I dreaded menopause - not for the lack of childbearing potential, never had kids, never married...but because I was afraid of all the attendant problems I'd seen friends go through.

I guess God thought I'd suffered enough with 35 years of severe endometriosis and ovarian cysts, because I just......stopped one day. A few years later I did have a period...went through all sorts of tests - because they say post-menopausal bleeding is a big indicator of uterine cancer. Luckily, for me, not.

Bluesma, have you tried turmeric for your inlammation?? Google "turmeric tea" and try some of the recipes. It's helped me.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: dominicus

Bluesma,
Start drinking apple cider vinegar mixed into your water. 1 -2 tablesspoons in a glass and you'll be good. Plenty of women in my family have used this successfully and my ex-girlfriends mother just started drinking this and all the hot flashes disappeared

Thanks! Will try, starting today!

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Jansy

I drink a mixture of lemonjuice and water and turmeric first thing each morning, and put turmeric on my food a lot (totally into steamed yams with turmeric at the moment). I did notice a marked difference with the inflammation when I started that.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   

I think that is why I questioned the males that had an "ick" response in this thread - I think I have become used to the attitudes in France, which are way different!

For one, mature women are much more highly valued. Two - not only is menopause seen as transition into a more wise being (like the transition from teen to adult, except even more valuable) but it is also seen as the moment a woman can be even more sexually free. My puritan upbringing makes me blush at the connotation, but in this country, it's considered a positive, and that's when a lot of couples get into "libertinsim" or swinging, or open marriages. Because there's no longer need to worry about the instinctive drives to protect genetic descendance (for the man) and assure a provider (for the woman). Relationships become more about what they consciously choose and agree upon, rather than subconscious drives for reproduction.

I can't seem to wipe out my early conditioning and take advantage of that cultural attitude, but it sure is nice not to feel stigmatized for NOT being a 20 year old intent on making babies and tying down a protector/provider !

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Here is an experience I had yesterday which goes more into the woo-woo area, but I found interesting!

Everyday, I do a relaxation/meditation exercise in the afternoon. I go through times of doing it differently, sometimes going for complete thoughtlessness, sometimes various visualization techniques, sometimes self hypnosis type auto-programming.
Though I always start out with the same methods of breathing and relaxation first.

I guess I got inspired lately, from some youtube sources, to try out "Violet ray" stuff, and found visualizing an opening near the top of my head being filled with a violet ray which travels down and fills my body creates an interesting sensation (and might have something to do with some awesome writing I've done lately away from this site).

Yesterday, as I pictured that opening and the light filtering in, I had a simultaneous heat flash which seemed to coincide with the internal image and it's pathway. It gave the sensation that this "light" was entering my head and the heat was organizing everything, and pushing out all toxins and unecessary "clutter".

Could have just been coincidence, and an active imagination, but I can't deny it made me contemplate the possibility of chakras and how they play into our mind/body development at different stages of life....

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Lower the dose.
Melatonin has quite a few benefits but please don't take my word for it and research a bit first. All I'm doing is pointing.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Hot flashes are promoted by activation of adrenal glands. No no's are: coffee, chocolate, sugar, hot spices - anything that has inflammatory effect or triggers adrenals thence cortisol.
Adrenal exhaustion is biggest reason for nightmare menopause.
Stress causes release of adrenaline too which also triggers release of cortisol. You do not want to constantly activate your adrenals.
Do not take hormones. The longterm effects if fiddling with your hormones are as yet unknown but potential ovarian cancer is one hazard. Plus, once your hormones are out of balance you will have hard time getting them back in balance. We women are physically and psychologically strong but have more fragile biological constitutions due to hormones. After all our bodies create new life. It requires a delicate balance even after menopause.
We do not stop being feminine just because we can no longer reproduce. I am 65 and thoroughly enjoy the freedom.

www.34-menopause-symptoms.com...
edit on 21-6-2015 by Elderlight because: Added link

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join