It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside look at the American Airlines's 787

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: jimmyx

I've done HNL-LAX, with a short layover in LA, before going to Manila through Japan, and then back the other way. That made for two long days.

geez....I feel your pain, did you drink heavily?..I would have...was this civilian or military?

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Civilian thank god. I found that if I stayed up about 24 hours beforehand I'd sleep most of the flights I took to Asia.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Civilian thank god. I found that if I stayed up about 24 hours beforehand I'd sleep most of the flights I took to Asia.

24 hrs. is too long for me at 62 years old, I can barely make it for the 10 o'clock news before I'm sawing logs, but i guess that would be the best way....so military flights are no cakewalk, probably loud, uncomfortable, and no hottie flight attendant to take your drink order.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Military seats are normally a strip of nylon stretched between two aluminum poles that run along the side of the fuselage.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Don't forget the wires running down the length of the interior that look like they are faintly zip-tied to the ceiling, the APU that is literally inside the cabin 20 feet away, and the despair of not knowing whether or not you'll find a ride back.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: justwanttofly

Or the times you had a seat, only to get called back to the desk and told someone with higher priority showed up so you just lost your seat.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Not to mention the feeling you get when you finally get on and strapped in, the engines start turning, then they all shut down and you're told to get off because of an mx cancellation.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: justwanttofly

But by God the flights were cheap!

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

13 hours from Seattle to Taiwan, that left Seatac at 2am. No sleep till I got to my inlaws.

Sucks......big time.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

It was always fun coming home though. I used to land in Honolulu two hours before I left on the same day.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I have several colleagues who have had to renew their work visas and company approvals to work in the US periodically as we do that basically involves flying SYD-LAX, spending a day doing paperwork then immediately turning around and doing LAX-SYD. And on one occasion, one of them got bumped to a later flight on the return even though they were on duty travel.

LEE.
edit on 14-6-2015 by thebozeian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz
So clearly you like the Skybeds.

Just do me a favour, whether its DXB-SYD or LAX-SYD whatever, after you get bored say 8-10 hours in, would you please refrain from shoving menus, evacuation cards, paper napkins or any personal items (that should be in the overhead locker or under your seat!) into the gap between where the video monitor or privacy screen are stowed in the centre pedestal/console of the seats. Trust me, you have no idea how ingenious and destructive some passengers are.

And if I hear that song or the boarding music one more time, I'm.going to end myself.

LEE.
edit on 14-6-2015 by thebozeian because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join