It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions for the Faithful

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: trifecta

If these aliens have been amongst us as long as you suggest, they have now become no better than those who they share the earth with.

A man or alien is not superior because of his bloodline. I will accept all wisdom of human and alien origin with a non biased observation.

When a man or alien who is more wise than me presents me with wisdom greater than I posses, I will call that man/alien my teacher.

But if you have nothing to teach me how could you possibly be greater?

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Temudjin
a reply to: intrptr

That movie will dictate on how the future generations will see us

If we last that long. Maybe it will be how archeologists review the ruins.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Ok, so no responses? I even asked for clarification because I actually wanted to answer your question. I guess nothing to see here?

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I just want to thank everyone, up to this point for participating in my survey (of sorts). I'm going to try to clear up a bit of the confusion.

My line of questions are by intention and deliberate design, thinly veiled and slightly vague, because I am trying to abstract raw and quintessential emotes, surrounding xenophobia and theologia, without necessarily evoking preconceived themes and stereotypical anecdotes, throughly drilled and branded into the human psyche, by narratives similar to "Ancient Alien" theory. I admit, this attempt at convection, is likely a vein exercise in futility, but still a try, none the less.

Please bare with me, I'm operating from a different time frame.
edit on 13-6-2015 by trifecta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aedaeum
Just to skip to the end for a moment; you couldn't prove (neither could they), that they are part of the genus of any of those men.

That being said, having faith or not, if someone is good-natured, with no ill will for his fellow man, than why would we condemn them? Why would anyone condemn them? Not to mention if some of them are our cousins then we would all share blood with them, making us half-breeds. To be honest, I can't imagine a disclosure ever happening if they were really that similar to us; it would be pointless and provoke unwarranted bigotry from the simple minded masses.

I feel like the whole premise of your inquire was not particularly thought out very well...

Again, these questions are under the pretense that everything suggested is immutable and absolute. I'm not trying to explore "proof". I'm just navigating your ephemeral landscape and dispositions.

Just to expand on your notion, for your entertainment. If these persons demonstrated "gifts", equivalent to miracles preformed by the aforementioned prophets, who that substantiate claim in your mind?

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

I want to answer your questions but I'm a bit confused by some things. So please clear this up first.

1. Are you having us pretend that there is a separate, alien bloodline of humanoids living among us?

2. And that bloodline descended from alien/non-hominid humanoids who have been around since the 1st humans/hominids?

3. And those alien/non-hominid humanoids were either created at the same time as the first hominids or existed before the first hominids were created?

4. And also, the people we refer to as "prophets" are actually members of this alien/non-hominid humanoid bloodline?

5. And of course, that our family & friends can be the descendants of those bloodlines but somehow we are not?

I feel like I've heard this before...

6. Then you're asking that if all of what I mentioned above is true (assuming I understood you correctly), how would we feel about sharing Earth with them (assuming we weren't of the bloodline too, of course)? And how would we teach our family & friends about them (assuming they weren't of the bloodline too)? And would we prevent people who don't accept this as truth from hurting others over this new information? And how would we change our beliefs once we found out our "prophets" were actually members of this bloodline of alien/non-hominid humanoids?

I'm not trying to be rude but can you be more direct? What are you actually getting at? Otherwise this is too convoluted for most people to respond to, even if we want to respond. Also, it feels like you're trying to set us up for some big "gotcha" moment. So why not play fair & just say what you want to say?

#1-3: "Alien" moniker would be a misnomer. That would imply lack of predomain. Pretend these people have been resident to this sphere, pre-human genesis.

#4: Under this premise, yes.

#5: And wherein lies point of contention. This ambiguity, for lenient term, can be catalysis to contempt. Just the mere injection, have nostrils flare. I carefully used "cousin", as tether to grain. It does discreetly imply complicit line or extract of such. Let just once again, pretend, genetic culture does collide invariably, to some degree, similar to a glaze. But in this palisade of pander, there would be a vivid discontinuity in realm of acumen, kinesthesia, microbial constitution, and metaphysical manisfestation, divorce from contemporary hominid genus and platitude. Apologies, once more, for my lack of succinct.

I cocede to any melee of debate. I don't wish to detract from procure.

edit on 13-6-2015 by trifecta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Aedaeum

I'm not trying to be rude but can you be more direct? What are you actually getting at? Otherwise this is too convoluted for most people to respond to, even if we want to respond. Also, it feels like you're trying to set us up for some big "gotcha" moment. So why not play fair & just say what you want to say?

I sensed the gotcha moment as well.

I really don't think it was asked properly.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Can you say that in English please. It was a real strain to have to read it so intently in order to answer correctly. Whatever the correct way would actually be

Since you put this in the Faith forum and posed a question to the faithful, explain more about how you tied that in.

Faith is just faith and everyone has their own ways of reasoning their faith and what or whom they have faith in.

This feels more like it's based on your own beliefs in which you don't have to "pretend". You just believe these beings exist in the manner you speak of.

Perhaps you would have been better off posting it in the aliens forum?

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

I felt the "Conspiracies in Religion" forum was appropriate since my questions are directed to people of strong religious conviction. As my hypothetical implies, the human genus technically being just as, if not more the "alien" to this panorama. So I didn't want to get hung up on etymology of expression.

Skepticism is analogous to ATS, and surely a healthy exercise at that, so I take no offense to suggestions of suspect motive to this poll. But, I promise you, no entrapment, nor device, or "gotcha moment". Scouts honor.

edit on 14-6-2015 by trifecta because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   
○How would you feel about their existence and cohabitation with you, on this plane?

I would feel like asking them if they knew they were non terrestrial.. how are they handling things?

○How would you address and tutor your inexperienced young, on this matter?

I dont have young but if I had I would tell them
u know kids how mummy came from to EU here.. well there are people around us that come from much further lands then mummy.. they came by a big metal flying ship

○If your kin had contrary opinions, to your beliefs, in light of given revelation, would you prevent them from causing unprovoked harm to others, or themselves if this situation arose?

yes.. thats totally racist.. me and my kin don't hang outmuch anyway

○If it was revealed that these beings shared the same genus as the prophets of old (Christ, Muhammad, Abraham, Buddha, etc.), how would that modify your beliefs?

additional information.. it's already hard to keep up it takes a while to read the bible u know.. and I will probably never get around to knowing in details what are all 'earth' believes

summed up as unconditional love that is the bottom line message
so if I got into knowing more about their believes something about it must have been of interest to me

If they were bad I wonder if they went simply to jail if they commit a crime
would we have like a different legal system (common law on wary terms isn't there always something written about our god? ) I guess they have it not fair they have to go with our believes.. i am a fan of our faith too turning water into bible juice and that into someone's blood pretty freaking cool .. tastes good too no wonder people were seeing things..

sweet are u non terrestrial ?
great vocabulary by the way I have to search definition of every fifth word
never mind the complex content of your replies
interesting encounter
I wonder if u get into conversations that require experts and u know super smart people only or do you get into casual chats too.. and one more question do people bore you on an intellectual level? I am asking with all sencerity just curious

edit on 17-9-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

will add only because of some replies here

it is cool thing to think about but if this was real how would it knowing about having aliens effect religion and faith

like for example with typical human needs should be theoretically met before humans can get into self realization and all that what we are doing here right now in this thread chit chattin about aliens faith

from school the basics of needs have to be met before: physiological needs (food, shelter), safety and security, feeling loved and feeling that we belong, feeling respect and having esteem

Once a person has met his deficiency needs, the focus of his anxiety shifts to self-actualization and he begins—even if only at a subconscious or semiconscious level—to contemplate the context and meaning of life. He may come to fear that death in inevitable and that life is meaningless, but at the same time cling on to the cherished belief that his life is eternal or at least important. This gives rise to an inner conflict that is sometimes referred to as ‘existential anxiety’ or, more colourfully, as ‘the trauma of non-being’.

Existential anxiety is so disturbing that most people avoid it at all costs. They construct an inauthentic but comforting reality made up of moral codes, bourgeois values, habits, customs, culture, and even— arguably—religion. The Harvard theologian Paul Tillich (1886-1965) and indeed Freud himself suggested that religion is nothing more than a carefully crafted coping mechanism for existential anxiety. For Tillich true faith consists simply in ‘being vitally concerned with that ultimate reality to which I give the symbolical name of God.’

suddenly knowing there are ETs all around you can shaken all of basic human psycho need to what extent that will effect faith (as in I have faith and religion who knows

what's the time differce between our dimensions ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join