It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracies A Conspiracy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I should preface by saying I in no way believe this but love playing hypotheticals out in my head.

Ever wonder if many(not all) conspiracies were fabricated in order to study human psychology, or present the government as being far more in control than it actually really is, or some other purpose? Possibly an experiment in propaganda or subversion? We know about MK Ultra and the absolutely absurd forms of propaganda and subversion documented many times throughout the 20th century during war times, especially during the Cold War. It's really not that far fetched...

Some other hypotheses:

Russia - An effort to demonize the West and shift the global power structure?

New Age Movement - The New Age Movement as we know it evolved from theosophy and has really only existed in its current form for the last few decades, though it seems to be dying down somewhat. Many became 'channels' and received 'messages'...but from who? Maybe these revelations and voices were 'beamed' at them by men in black suits lol? Most leaders and authors basically propagate the same worldview, though each varies in certain ways. Many have been proven time and time again as frauds, and many linked to intelligence networks. Which ties into:

UFOs - Maybe some are real, some are not? So many theories, many laid out by ex military 'whistleblowers'. Also many have been proven as frauds. Many have 'inside sources', though most of the time those are fabricated(looking at you, Mr. Wilcock, Fulford, Greer, etc...). How powerful must the government be to hide something like this?!? Answer: So powerful that if true it scares the bajeezus out of us that that level of power even exists.

Websites/Media - Infowars/DavidIcke/ProjectCamelot/ATS/Bibliotecapleyades/911Truth ect - Back in the day many of these websites posted insane amounts of unsourced material (mostly from blogs, ran by who?) before fact-checking existed, and hordes took it as gospel. Many conspiracies that are still alive today came from those wild west days. These media outlets run like well-oiled machines, and for sure some of them are run by charlatans and frauds just out to make money, and some of course have honest beginnings too. But who funded them from the start, and why is it so damn hard to get the administrators and owners of them to be candid with their clientele? Whether it is intentional or not, there is a thick curtain between readers and the ones who post material.

Real believers vs Plants/Charlatans/Frauds - There are many good people earnestly searching for truth and trying to do their part in exposing lies and actual conspiracies. However some of those good people got their information from less than reputable sources, or from what appears to be a deliberate planting of disinfo from government agencies and elements within them. For sure someone like Bill Cooper truly believed what he thought he knew, but I can't but help feel like someone was leading him on by a string the whole time. 'Coincidentally' Alex Jones showed up to take his spot. He has felt wrong from the get-go, and there are piles of internet pages accusing him of being linked to intelligence...some of which are believable, but then some of which are probably disinfo as well.

I'm wondering, given history, how in the actual flock a government agency was not involved in dispensing at the very least some of the thousands of theories put forth over the last few decades, many of which only serve to discredit the actual conspiracies, or dilute the pool so much that knowing fact from fiction is very confusing if not altogether impossible.

Thoughts?

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Here is the journey a person takes into conspiracy theories.
I have compiled my own list of the stages,
not because I disagree with the OP.
But because I'm jealous and
wish to steal his thunder
by interjecting a short
list on a different
axis.

Mike Grouchy

Layer 1: detect liars

Layer 2: accepting of mod actions

Layer 3: remove counter agents

Layer 4: detect corruption

Layer 5: surprise inspections

Layer 6: treatment of enemies

Layer 7: treatment of the poor

Many never get past Level 2.
Even more think they are level 3
but are just learning level 1 stuff still.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: mikegrouchy

Trying to understand...could you explain what mod actions, counter agents, and surprise inspections are? These are layers 'a person takes into conspiracy theories? Maybe elaborate on that too please and thank you.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: humanityrising
I should preface by saying I in no way believe this but love playing hypotheticals out in my head.

Ever wonder if many(not all) conspiracies were fabricated in order to study human psychology, or present the government as being far more in control than it actually really is, or some other purpose? Possibly an experiment in propaganda or subversion? We know about MK Ultra and the absolutely absurd forms of propaganda and subversion documented many times throughout the 20th century during war times, especially during the Cold War. It's really not that far fetched...

Actually, this happens a lot. It's no different than a "live" focus group that tests out certain ideas to see how people react to them. There's a name for it but I can't remember it. Anyway, sometimes firms will leak a bogus story to specific sites or people, then observe how they spread the information. It's a useful technique to see who will stay quiet & who will speak, as well as who the "leakers" are connected to. FYI, organized crime does it too. And marketing firms use something similar to track which ads get responses (that's why some ads have specific codes to enter to receive specific perks, so they can track how many responses each ad gets).

As an example, let's say I have 5 different versions of a story & create documents which detail these stories. Then I hand 1 version to "Activist A", the 2nd version to "Activist B", and so on. Now I can keep track of which activist "leaked" their stories, and to whom, by seeing which version of the story gets printed, published, sent to journalists, etc. I could do this for months or years with hundreds or thousands of people and document who their most trusted contacts are by keeping note of who gets their versions of the stories.

Like I said, this actually happens a lot. Many crime syndicates use it to sniff out snitches, government agencies & corporations use it to sniff out double agents, and 3rd parties can use it for whatever purpose their employers desire. You can see this a lot with 3rd party groups during expensive election campaigns when some obscure group releases crazy crap about a politician or proposed law. So yeah, I wouldn't doubt that some conspiracies are spread like this too.

I'm wondering, given history, how in the actual flock a government agency was not involved in dispensing at the very least some of the thousands of theories put forth over the last few decades, many of which only serve to discredit the actual conspiracies, or dilute the pool so much that knowing fact from fiction is very confusing if not altogether impossible.

That's the purpose of propaganda, isn't it? To bend the truth & sway people to your side. Many times, citizens are too simple minded or simply don't care about the intricacies of global politics. They don't want to hear about the strengths & flaws of an opponent, they want to believe "We good they bad". Otherwise, they may begin to empathize with the "opponents", see the "opponents" as fellow humans, and decide against war, sanctions, or the such. The military Industrial complex & the investors who profit from conflict will never allow this.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: humanityrising

I just don't understand premise like yours.

Are you actually considering that we live in perfect bubble world where conspiracies don't really exist.

May I point you in direction of 9/11

Or WMDs in Iraq

Or creation of FED in 1913.

List can go on for quite a while.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Disinfo spooks are set up as photographers, artists, writers, radical journalists etc. After redefining the definition of conspiracy it's an easy matter to endlessly add to the swirling mix. Barely a glimpse of the real hidden stories actually registers on the retinas of the glamourised masses.

How about the fact reinforced and pre-stressed concrete has turned out to be a bad choice of building material, and the ultrasound scanning used to detect weaknesses doesn't detect the cracks that form in pre-stressing tendons? Got a pre-stressed concrete nuclear reactor vessel near you? Don't sneeze on it, it isn't as strong as they say.

The aspect I find personally concerning is the brainwashing of intelligent people into thinking I see 'conspiracies' everywhere, just because I talk about things like concrete.

And that I think is the core issue. They're taught not to look or listen through exposure to an artificial world of strange ideas.

edit on 13 6 2015 by Kester because: addition

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Actually, this happens a lot. It's no different than a "live" focus group that tests out certain ideas to see how people react to them. There's a name for it but I can't remember it. Anyway, sometimes firms will leak a bogus story to specific sites or people, then observe how they spread the information. It's a useful technique to see who will stay quiet & who will speak, as well as who the "leakers" are connected to. FYI, organized crime does it too. And marketing firms use something similar to track which ads get responses (that's why some ads have specific codes to enter to receive specific perks, so they can track how many responses each ad gets).

As an example, let's say I have 5 different versions of a story & create documents which detail these stories. Then I hand 1 version to "Activist A", the 2nd version to "Activist B", and so on. Now I can keep track of which activist "leaked" their stories, and to whom, by seeing which version of the story gets printed, published, sent to journalists, etc. I could do this for months or years with hundreds or thousands of people and document who their most trusted contacts are by keeping note of who gets their versions of the stories.

Like I said, this actually happens a lot. Many crime syndicates use it to sniff out snitches, government agencies & corporations use it to sniff out double agents, and 3rd parties can use it for whatever purpose their employers desire. You can see this a lot with 3rd party groups during expensive election campaigns when some obscure group releases crazy crap about a politician or proposed law. So yeah, I wouldn't doubt that some conspiracies are spread like this too.

That's the purpose of propaganda, isn't it? To bend the truth & sway people to your side. Many times, citizens are too simple minded or simply don't care about the intricacies of global politics. They don't want to hear about the strengths & flaws of an opponent, they want to believe "We good they bad". Otherwise, they may begin to empathize with the "opponents", see the "opponents" as fellow humans, and decide against war, sanctions, or the such. The military Industrial complex & the investors who profit from conflict will never allow this.

Very interesting. I didn't realize this was used in marketing and organized crime but it makes perfect sense. My OP was mostly hypothetical but I'm becoming more and more convinced there is some truth to it...though we'll probably never know the details.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: RubberSky

I just don't understand premise like yours.

Are you actually considering that we live in perfect bubble world where conspiracies don't really exist.

May I point you in direction of 9/11

Or WMDs in Iraq

Or creation of FED in 1913.

List can go on for quite a while.

I said many not all, did you read the OP? I also said that flooding the internet with conspiracies about 'reptilian agenda, underground ufo bases, ritual sacrifice, etc." would dilute the pool and take away from the real conspiracies that you just mentioned. The ones you listed are the ones I know to be real also.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

Disinfo spooks are set up as photographers, artists, writers, radical journalists etc. After redefining the definition of conspiracy it's an easy matter to endlessly add to the swirling mix. Barely a glimpse of the real hidden stories actually registers on the retinas of the glamourised masses.

How about the fact reinforced and pre-stressed concrete has turned out to be a bad choice of building material, and the ultrasound scanning used to detect weaknesses doesn't detect the cracks that form in pre-stressing tendons? Got a pre-stressed concrete nuclear reactor vessel near you? Don't sneeze on it, it isn't as strong as they say.

The aspect I find personally concerning is the brainwashing of intelligent people into thinking I see 'conspiracies' everywhere, just because I talk about things like concrete.

And that I think is the core issue. They're taught not to look or listen through exposure to an artificial world of strange ideas.

And then also there is the stigma of being a conspiracy theorist; people who don't believe are so downright cruel and immediately go into bully mode when they learn that you believe...even nice people that you wouldn't think would ever act like that. The brainwashing media has done it's job in that respect, as normally good-natured people can turn into petty c*nts in zero seconds flat. There must be some psychological science behind the method of control the public is under.

Unfortunately for them there are so many people privy to reality that it is spreading. I find myself at entire parties or shows where every person there knows 9/11 was an inside job.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I've always thought Russia might be involved considering Infowars and RT's love for each other. AJ is always portraying Russia as a victim. Which might have some truth but those in the know know that Russia was built from the ground up with money from the western banking cartel. In that respect it seems Russia is just another pawn in the pocket, just in case another world war is needed.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Very interesting. I didn't realize this was used in marketing and organized crime but it makes perfect sense. My OP was mostly hypothetical but I'm becoming more and more convinced there is some truth to it...though we'll probably never know the details.

Well, at least you know you're not crazy
There are people who make a lot of money doing this, for good & bad purposes.

And in business, it's used to see which ad campaigns are worth continuing and which ones produce no results. It's pretty helpful because advertising space can be ridiculously expensive and businesses need some way to track which ones are worth it.

new topics

top topics

join