It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hacked database includes critical info on EVERYONE

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: megabogie
Just because the government claims it happened, doesn't make it so. If they can track everything WE do, it would stand to reason they can track what's being done to their own system and thwart it before it gets to the level they claim this event reached. My opinion is the government wants us to believe this for some twisted governmental reason. Their normal reaction is to cover up shennanigans yet here they are Edward Snowdening it and telling us everything. Why the
" honesty" all of a sudden?

Actually you are right. A Japanese man went to the US and hacked into Japanese govt system on American soil, and yes he was later caught.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Here is my problem with all these "public" hacks. They say that they have "evidence" and that the hack was "major" including "everything" you can't even imagine. Then I go out and try to grab the archive just to be disappointed that it doesn't exist and even I found a trail of evidence that there is a data set available, I am hugely disappointed that it's encrypted with an freaking long key ..

So until this data is truly made public, I see these stories as just plain fear-mongering.

.. and on top it's pretty straight forward to protect your own data.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel
a reply to: Cmessier

This is just not possible.

If any gain of this reporting is true, the level of humiliation spawn on the "intelligence" community of USA, is so far beyond anything fathomable, the matter is in the hands of Dogs of Sirius....

...don't put this on me!

My comment on the topic - the names would still have to be tied to individuals known to be intelligence operatives to be worth anything, yes? Not that the perpetrators or those they obtained the data for don't have the linkages as well, but a "John Smith" with a penchant for donkey shows doesn't do one much good for blackmail, unless one knows whether "John Smith" is a plumber, salesman, or "secret agent."

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
This, to me, looks like more government lies and scare tactics, so they can try to pass another bill to take over the Internet. This would make the PERFECT case.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
This is a lttle off the subject but i was just researching a children's facility i was in years ago. wernle. their site has been hacked by a group called meca. anyone heard of them. says middle east cyber army!?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Yeah. There's obviously a lot going on with this one.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join