It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hacked database includes critical info on EVERYONE

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
The recent hack was for worse than we were originally led to believe. It included databases with critical information on those with top secret clearances. Bank account numbers, social security numbers, secret vices, the works.

This opens up high level military and intelligence operatives to blackmail and leaves them vulnerable to capture or worse.

This is absolutely HUGE. It is nothing short of an act of war.

Link
edit on 08/22/2013 by Cmessier because: Fixed link

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Cmessier

The recent hack was for worse than we were originally led to believe

Typically, you can't believe what you are led to believe.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

~You know I don't support any offensive wars or covert meddling, which this behemoth is built for, but why would the US government have this info on a networked computer? Surely they could have seen this coming?

Reminds me of - "We could never have envisioned planes being flown into buildings".

With the rocky road ahead, could this be an inside job so they can bump off they're own agents en mass and pin it on this leak?

Night of the long knives part deux ? Just wild speculation.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
More false flags to lessen our freedoms.
edit on 6/12/15 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

"As yee sew, so shall yee reap." ~ Karma Yoga

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Hmm. New posters coming out with OP's declaring an act Of war...

This was.allowed to happen.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype

Can't say I disagree.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Im not really new. Just havent posted much. I assure you that I am no part of whatever group did or allowed this to happen. Normally I GET my news from ATS since I usually see things posted here first. In this case I didnt see this most recent info posted and since I see it as so monumental I posted. Nothing more sinister than that.

For my part I dont think it was allowed to happen. Not by anything more intentional than incompetence anyway. The potential ramifications, however, are enormous. I cant believe its not the lead story on every news outlet in America.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I know people are going to jump on the "it was planned!!1eleventy1!!" bandwagon, but consider, just for once, that we actually aren't top dog in info security, and flat out suck worse than people are lead to believe. After all, there's always a little old lady better at neighborhood spying & gossip than the next.

Just face it. We aren't the best at a lot of things, time to get over it. Info security is just another notch in American's belt of high hope failures, which I believe is second only to diplomacy. We really blow at that, too.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   

This is just not possible.

If any gain of this reporting is true, the level of humiliation spawn on the "intelligence" community of USA, is so far beyond anything fathomable, the matter is in the hands of Dogs of Sirius....

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I wonder how many times our governments have hacked the Chinese. .but ee just don't hear about it.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Just because the government claims it happened, doesn't make it so. If they can track everything WE do, it would stand to reason they can track what's being done to their own system and thwart it before it gets to the level they claim this event reached. My opinion is the government wants us to believe this for some twisted governmental reason. Their normal reaction is to cover up shennanigans yet here they are Edward Snowdening it and telling us everything. Why the
" honesty" all of a sudden?

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

The recent hack was for worse than we were originally led to believe

Typically, you can't believe what you are led to believe.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't force it to drink.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: proob4
More false flags to lessen our freedoms.

Ditto

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

Hmmmm , a poster who has been a member longer than you . Since when were posters on ATS judged by their post count .

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

When we do it, we call it strategic and necessary. When someone else does it, we call it terrorism or an act of war.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Good! Let justice be done though the heavens fall. Far to many secrets on this planet anyway.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Exactly does anyone think they have not managed to hack the west before?.
Its an international game of cat and mouse always has always will be.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
You know, if the NSA hadn't created a back door into everyone's business maybe it wouldn't be so easy to get this information.

Besides seeing how various government agencies are known for murder, extortion, kidnapping, drug and gun running, etc, etc, and they have access to my info already, than what's the difference? 6 in one half in the other right?

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cmessier

Im not really new. Just havent posted much. I assure you that I am no part of whatever group did or allowed this to happen. Normally I GET my news from ATS since I usually see things posted here first. In this case I didnt see this most recent info posted and since I see it as so monumental I posted. Nothing more sinister than that.

For my part I dont think it was allowed to happen. Not by anything more intentional than incompetence anyway. The potential ramifications, however, are enormous. I cant believe its not the lead story on every news outlet in America.

It is here in Japan and over Iwakuni air space many, many US planes are flying toward I believe the man made islands china is creating off the Phillipines.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join