It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Door to Door Searches for NY Fugitives - Come on....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

The couple I just looked up escaped from the minimum security portion. They call them walk aways because all they have to do is hop a fence. Seems like the worst of the worst they keep a better eye on.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: thenewguy1987
a reply to: kosmicjack

I don't see a problem with any of this, and see it as quite paranoid if you do.

I'll agree that it is a dog and pony show, but they have to look like they are doing something. Probably to throw off the scent of the escapees. Would they really have a news crew following around the real search? I doubt it.

I'm not going to forfeit my Constitutional rights for pretense and a photo op. Fine, call me paranoid.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

What sense would it make to go searching for convicted murderers without any weapons?

I didn't say it was the smartest thing to do...just pointing out why you see some without guns.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: thenewguy1987

Would they really have a news crew following around the real search? I doubt it.

Why not, that is probably the biggest news story they have had around those parts in a while.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

originally posted by: pryingopen3rdeye
lady in the video said she told them no,

if this is by consent only, and they are not forcing their way into houses, then i see no real issue here, let them search all they want, if time comes i can refuse and they will go on their way then i have no issue with it. why should anyone?

now if they were forcing their way into homes without consent THAT id have an issue with...

I read the replies and was pleasantly surprised there was a rational poster thank you. The guns weren't drawn they weren't kicking down doors because they didn't want to alarm anybody . They were going door-to-door to reassure people and to see whether they were denied entry by someone that was obviously terrified .

I guarantee you if they failed to do this and some people were being held hostage. Somebody would have a thread on here complaining about the police lack of action .

FWIW, this sort of thing is SOP on the Gulf Coast after a hurricane. "First Responders", Police, Sheriffs, DPS, Constables, etc. either ride through checking on residents or walk the blocks checking for injured after the storm passes. Its always so hot that most residents are out doors anyway because the electricity is always out. As a result, its SOP for us to have ice chests with bottled water and those are handed out to the Cops as they walk the "hood".

People have become somewhat hyper sensitized to anything and everything Cops do these days. Might surprise them to realize that Cops are their....neighbors.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join