It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Door to Door Searches for NY Fugitives - Come on....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Uh, can we get back on topic and take the personal chit chat to the appropriate forum or PM, Please.
TIA

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I don't understand what I see on the news. A person can walk 26 miles in a day easily www.answers.com... Granted, we are talking about people who are maintaining cover, but I personally having grown up in the woods have easily covered at least a mile through thorn and thistle in 20 minutes or less. Terrain is not that big of an issue on foot unless it is shear mountain climbing. Don't understand why these folks are limiting the search to an area that was likely blown through in the first few hours. Where is Tommy Lee Jones on this one? And as for bedding and candy wrappers? Well I remember a movie called Cool Hand Luke where he sprinkled chili powder to make the dogs sneeze...

edit on 12-6-2015 by TheChrome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Im going to have to take the minority view here and shock horror agree with the cops.

Something I rarely do.

Its not forced searches and this guy that escaped is dangrous it seems.

It woukd not be the first time a fugitive hides on someones properry without them knowing.
edit on 13-6-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   

They're hoping for obedient little sheep like the second woman they interviewed. I wonder how many future arrests will be made from them seeing something in someone's house. I'd never let them in my place.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Think about this: There are murders every day here in America.
How often do you see these full blown manhunts?
We had one here in the Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania not that long ago.
There was something common to that huge manhunt and this one....
There were cop killers being hunted.
One of these NY escapees killed a deputy. That is why he was in jail.
Kill a cop, you get a manhunt.
Kill Joe Schmoe.... you get an investigation.
This isn't about protecting the public, it is about retribution for cop killers.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   
lol, well having actually been around and worked with all these kinds of guys i can tell you no one escapes now without help from the outside and in some instances inside not that it's ever officialy admitted.
so that being said the actual possibilities for this guy to be in the area after making it outside the facility long enough for the cops to launch a door to door are preposterous.
He would have been in his pick up car and on his way 15-20 minutes after making it out.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I noticed the same thing - no guns drawn?
not even carrying shotguns or carbines?
They're not actually looking for anyone dangerous.
This is a litmus test to see what the public will tolerate.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

As soon as I saw the photo of the perfectly cut hole in the cell wall and the perfectly cut hole cut in the steam pipe I knew the whole thing was another virtual reality story.

No escapee would take the time to cut through a 1/4" pipe and a 1/4" thick steel wall with such precision and accuracy.

They cut a perfect hole in the cell wall and they climb down six story of catwalk and find a pipe that just happens to penetrate an exterior wall, make a perfect cut, crawl inside, scurry along it, and cut their way out, and exit close to a tunnel that leads to a manhole in the middle of the road that they crawl out of and escape into the woods.

Come on ATS! Wake up and smell the coffee!

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

The point is that I bet whatever old persons house that they are currently holed up in, with a knife, wants police help. Maybe it could be you or your family... But you wouldn't want help because of your rights.

Police state nothing to see here. Move along!
edit on 13-6-2015 by Legman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: tkwasny

They are checking off their search boxes. This is the only way to track the validity of a full search.

Searches like this simply get the population used to having squads of men all combat ready coming into the homes.

The only way it would be any good for real is if every closet and basement and under every piece of furniture and cupboard in every home was searched...it is pointless unless they are assuming the people who say no to the search may be the houses they suspect of hiding a person. So ruling out the ones who agree to a search and no need for any REAL searching.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Having grown up less than two miles as the crow flies from a max security prison in upstate NY, we had this happen quite often when a prisoner or two wandered off. They never forced themselves in if you didn''t want them to come in and didn't run around with weapons drawn or their hair on fire. I really don't see a big deal here. In fact there were even some signs on the roads about picking up hitchhikers who could be escaped prisoners. Haha

Strange thing I live a couple miles from a max security prison, defined as the "worst of the worst". There have been many escapes over the years and no one ever came to my door or searched homes here. The runners always try to get far away not enter homes to be trapped.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAIKI

As soon as I saw the photo of the perfectly cut hole in the cell wall and the perfectly cut hole cut in the steam pipe I knew the whole thing was another virtual reality story.

No escapee would take the time to cut through a 1/4" pipe and a 1/4" thick steel wall with such precision and accuracy.

They cut a perfect hole in the cell wall and they climb down six story of catwalk and find a pipe that just happens to penetrate an exterior wall, make a perfect cut, crawl inside, scurry along it, and cut their way out, and exit close to a tunnel that leads to a manhole in the middle of the road that they crawl out of and escape into the woods.

Come on ATS! Wake up and smell the coffee!

Well the Woman who gave them the tools (allegedly) this mornings news said she told them the one prisoner "made her feel special" I think she is very "special'!

Prison tailor shop instructor Joyce Mitchell, 51, was arraigned on a felony charge of promoting prison contraband and misdemeanor count of criminal facilitation, authorities said.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Having grown up less than two miles as the crow flies from a max security prison in upstate NY, we had this happen quite often when a prisoner or two wandered off. They never forced themselves in if you didn''t want them to come in and didn't run around with weapons drawn or their hair on fire. I really don't see a big deal here. In fact there were even some signs on the roads about picking up hitchhikers who could be escaped prisoners. Haha

Strange thing I live a couple miles from a max security prison, defined as the "worst of the worst". There have been many escapes over the years and no one ever came to my door or searched homes here. The runners always try to get far away not enter homes to be trapped.

I call bs.

Escapes from super maxes are rare and always on the news.

So.... BS

Here you go www.forbes.com...
Since you live by one you can read up on it.

It says escapes are so rare they are statistically insignificant.

I know, I know.... It's not a supermax you meant a regular max security prison... Right?

Here you go
www.usatoday.com...

Still making up BS

edit on 13-6-2015 by Legman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I noticed the same thing - no guns drawn?
not even carrying shotguns or carbines?

Could it be because they are Department of Corrections officers which are prison guards who do not carry weapons?

Not all DOC officers are qualified to carry guns, so seeing a prison guard without a gun isn't something surprising...even when searching for prisoners after a breakout.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Legman

Call whatever you want BS MS US

In 1989,California opened Pelican Bay State Prison, equipped with 1,056 cells explicitly designed to keep California’s alleged “worst of the worst” prisoners in long-term solitary confinement, under conditions of extreme sensory deprivation.

Look up escapes.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

In 1989,California opened Pelican Bay State Prison, equipped with 1,056 cells explicitly designed to keep California’s alleged “worst of the worst” prisoners in long-term solitary confinement, under conditions of extreme sensory deprivation.

Look up escapes.

"Strange thing I live a couple miles from a max security prison, defined as the "worst of the worst". There have been many escapes over the years "

I already did...

BS

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

What sense would it make to go searching for convicted murderers without any weapons?

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

So if I stated that I do not consent to these law enforcement officials to search my house they will march their way past me and do it anyway?

Would I get in any trouble?

If I contested it in court, citing the 4th amendment I wonder what would happen.

Hopefully I never have to find out the answer to that though!

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Legman

Look up escapes.

"Strange thing I live a couple miles from a max security prison, defined as the "worst of the worst". There have been many escapes over the years "
I already did...

BS

Lol so you never saw any escapes from pelican bay...I have been her over 20 years I guess you can't search as well as you could.
You know you are quite rude. I went out of my way to tell you which prison.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I don't see a problem with any of this, and see it as quite paranoid if you do.

I'll agree that it is a dog and pony show, but they have to look like they are doing something. Probably to throw off the scent of the escapees. Would they really have a news crew following around the real search? I doubt it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join