It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Committee Approves Protections For State Medical Marijuana Programs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Source
The senate has granted protection for state licensed medical marijuana dispensaries, clinics, grows, etc.
Amazing news on all fronts!

The amendment blocks the Department of Justice, which includes the Drug Enforcement Administration, from using appropriated funds to interfere with medical marijuana programs in the states that have legalized the drug for medical purposes.

Basically telling the DOJ and DEA to find something better to do than throw a bunch of people in jail over medicine/lifestyle.

So I log on here to share the wonderful news with you all.
Only to see a bunch cops physically and verbally attacking caregivers and patients in a California dispensary.
HERE
Rather than derail my own thread with my own disgust towards these officers.
Plus I feel the OP did a good job of displaying our disgust as a whole.
So we will move on...

The American public overwhelmingly supports the use of medical marijuana: Last year, a CBS News poll found 86 percent of Americans believe doctors should be able to prescribe marijuana to their patients.

Now if we could just get the majority of medical doctors to start accepting this plant as a cure. A cure for many horrible diseases that have no known cure at the moment. Their only hope right now is to dope people up and hope it doesn't kill them.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Kasheet....and it's what.....2015...
back in the 1960's, we figured by 2015.....ALL the little kinks would be worked out....bout time

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

I wouldn't put your party hat on just yet. This has only passed the appropriations committee. The bill this provision has been amended to still has to pass the full senate as well as the house and be signed into law. It is essentially flawed in that its based on a year to year spending appropriation attached to these bills. It p[assed last year as well and was signed into law so it's not as if this is a new thing. It simply extends the provision for an additional year. No quality headway will be made until cannabis is removed from the schedule 1 list unfortunately.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
It will be interesting to see if any of the Presidential candidates will
back legalized national medical marijuana.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
If this passes, will they reimburse all the medicinal dispensary owners whose lives they ruined in the "war on drugs"??

Yeah, I didn't think so.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ektar

Cheers
Ektar

You can safely say that nobody on the Republican side will do it. Even Rand Paul will probably avoid the issue even though the folks who follow him have a good idea where he stands on the issue.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

no, this only affects federal agencies. Local police will still raid the random dispensary for some edibles and property
destruction.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Excellent, i think cannabis is gradually becoming accepted instead of being demonised the way it is. Personally i do not consume cannabis as it doesn't agree with me but i do not condemn it either. The way i see it, it is a plant that has many, many benefits. It's only a drug because the people that have the power to label things as such, do. Baked beans could be banned tomorrow, they do after all cause noxious gases to be released into the atmosphere.

Some people can argue against it linking it with mental illness and for some people this is true, just like alcohol doesn't agree with a certain percentage of people. Alcohol actually destroys lives yet this is legal. I'm sure if an in depth study was performed with, salt, for example it would be found that salt is bad for you. It actually is but in excessive amounts. So we can legally buy salt knowing that if we consumed too much we would die. Should this therefore be a controlled substance? Of course not.

What exactly is the problem with cannabis? I'll tell you, it cannot be taxed because you, me or our next door neighbour can grow it easily and that's what it boils down to. Money, or rather, profit and i think that pretty much sums up (majority of) the human race which by further extension is why the world is in turmoil.

Money is the root of all evil.

By the way, your sig perfectly outlines the ignorance.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com...

I don't think Rand Paul is avoiding the issue at all. Maybe this link might help you understand exactly where he stands.

Pladuim

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
www.nationaljournal.com...

I just thought I'd throw this article out there also.

Pladuim

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Pladuim

Thanks for posting mate...as I didn't know exactly where he stood.
I am an independent voter & have always voted democrat...this is
a very important issue for many people.

Right now I am not steering toward any of the "Big Ticket" candidates
such as Clinton or Bush.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Ektar

I an independent voter also, and Rand Paul is looking good for my vote so far. I really like how he is able to work across party lines on this issue, and I especially like the strong stance he took against the Patriot Act.

What I can't understand is why there are those so strongly opposed to legalized medical marijuana. People are popping really strong pills like crazy here in WV. They get hooked and can't break away from them, and it really effects their lives. I know people that self medicate with marijuana and it doesn't seem to effect their lives at all. I guess all of the brain washing and deep pockets of the pharmaceutical companies has something to do with it. It just baffles the mind some of the stupid laws we have in this country.

Pladuim

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ektar

Cheers
Ektar
Nope they will once again go with abortion issues, big distraction and sad too.

top topics

join