It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov't 101 with Jesse Ventura: Money Isn't Real!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Today on Off the Grid, I sound off in a new Gov't 101 about how we still use the banking system today that caused the Great Depression. Banks keep only a fraction of our deposited cash on reserve while they go out and lend the rest of it to others on credit in order to make a profit. All of that debt we’re in essentially creates more and more money out of thin air. So money isn’t real!

Do you think it’s time we get off this system and move toward a new type of money, like Bitcoin? Let me know.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

Bananas! best currency known to ChimpMANzee.

Time is the real currency in life.
Good video and yup bankers have us all over a barrel.
Interesting comment on revolution
dunno If that could even happen at the moment.
edit on 12-6-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Absolutely.

We need to get back on some sort of commodity backed currency. You may as well spend this fiat crap that we use now. It isn't worth saving because it is always on its way to becoming worthless paper.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Monies is the means to capture the energies of the people in an exchangeable medium. It's the ultimate pimp, whoring us all out for the slaves we believe ourselves to be. Think you're a master? Opt out. Go for it. Only masters are the belief originators; system architects.

In a way, speaking of your personal value for time is a lot like monies as a collective store of time... your time. Each coin a link in the shackles that bind.

Here's my beef with bitcoin. It requires energy into the system to create value. People, instead of solving scientific problems folding@home, waste their compute power for pennies... then ppl think they can get rich investing, and the miners cash out. Who wins here? Surely there's a more clever way of going about this.
edit on 12-6-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JesseVentura
Today on Off the Grid, I sound off in a new Gov't 101 about how we still use the banking system today that caused the Great Depression. Banks keep only a fraction of our deposited cash on reserve while they go out and lend the rest of it to others on credit in order to make a profit. All of that debt we’re in essentially creates more and more money out of thin air. So money isn’t real!

Do you think it’s time we get off this system and move toward a new type of money, like Bitcoin? Let me know.

What was wrong with the gold standard? something that had/has an intrinsic value? or is because gold stored is being half-inched all the time by some method or the other? I don't even have to be conspiratorial because I see some countries looking for their gold back that is supposed to be stored, and they aren't getting it!
BTW take that video banner at the top of the screen off, it's making your head look funny.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

You can't file a lawsuit with the intent of taking time from another person, though.

Unless a currency is backed by two things:
1. A finite resource
2. A relatively stable degree of scarcity
any currency, including Bitcoin is destined to fail via manipulative policies.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Not yet

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Decentralize everything, start with money.

Maryjanecoin is a cryptocurrency tailored for the cannabis economy. Each coin is backed by 1 gram of cannabis bubblehash concentrate product. It was created in response to the problem of banks being unwilling to work with the nascent industry that could facilitate transactions, wage payments and provide other opportunities for businesses in states where medicinal and recreational cannabis is legal.

cointelegraph.com...

edit on 12-6-2015 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

You can't file a lawsuit with the intent of taking time from another person, though.

Unless a currency is backed by two things:
1. A finite resource
2. A relatively stable degree of scarcity
any currency, including Bitcoin is destined to fail via manipulative policies.

It could be argued bitcoin meets both qualifications. A fixed supply exists, and will be mined out in time. A fixed amount is released (found) from this mine at standard intervals. You can, however, always push the decimal to the left and viola, infinite supply... but not really.
edit on 12-6-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Bananas! best currency known to ChimpMANzee.

Interesting comment on revolution
dunno If that could even happen at the moment.

Dang I forgot about the Bananas...and the 7% Banana wars too..you are a very naughty Monkey.
Okay, let's forget about banks, and go for credit unions..they do nicely on a local level, and generally speaking....for the locals you know, like Jack Spratt and the missus.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

When Susie buys the new Justin Bieber CD, that money, to her, is real because what it bought is real.

When Johnny buys the new COD........

When dad buys that jet ski.........

Take the monetary system away from people and we'll see just how real it gets.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

You got it all wrong. My best advice to you is get out of that f-cking third world country. If you spent more time in the company of Americans you wouldn't have all these misconceptions about the banking system.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: PrinceJohnson

Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency will be a step up from the insane printing party we've witnessed.

I dunno about you, but I'd like to know HOW MANY BILLS ARE IN CIRCULATION... That would take how long to figure out? Now how long to figure out how many bitcoin there is?

23 million coins total coins in all WILL EVER EXISTS and currently 14,262,700 coins so far currently at the time of this posting

Took less than 2 mins to find that info out.

Plus you tell me any other currency I can look at other people's transactions via a transaction id or a address?

The future is digitized
edit on 12-6-2015 by Tranceopticalinclined because: To mine more coins

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I preach the evils of the Federal Reserve at every opportunity, and I've got to tell you, Governor, it's a lot worse than you think.

First, it's not fractional reserve lending, it's fractional reserve banking. Banks don't have to have any cash reserves to make a loan, they just call the Federal Reserve.

The idea of a benevolent dictator wouldn't work. If you can "print" all the money you want, you can bribe anyone. Remember, "I care not who makes the laws ..."

A straight up revolution wouldn't work either. For any hope of overthrowing the Fed you would need at least 12 tactical nukes labeled A through L. Even then, you would have a less than even chance.

One workable solution might be to carry out JFK's plan of printing US Notes to replace the Federal Reserve notes, followed by a return to a silver or gold standard. But, we know how that ended.

Another possibility might be to sue the Federal Reserve for Breach of Contract. The Federal Reserve was sold to us with the promise that it would stabilize the economy and minimize recessions and depressions. Any half competent lawyer could argue that they failed to live up to that agreement. Of course, you would be hard pressed to find a US court that would make a fair ruling in that case. Perhaps an international court?

I don't have a lot of faith in bitcoin. While I understand its unique aspects, I still see it as a fiat currency in that its demand is artificial. No one really needs it. It's just an agreed upon medium of exchange, and it has no practical use beyond that. Gold is useful. Silver is useful. Copper is useful. Even steel, lead, carbon, etc. have uses beyond trade value, and that's what I think is needed for a real currency.

---------

On a side note, since no one has started a thread on it, I would like to express my condolences to the family and friends of the American Dream Dusty Rhodes. I don't know if he was a friend of yours, but I imagine he was.
edit on 12-6-2015 by VictorVonDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Money only has the value you put on it. It's not real. There's nothing backing it. It's not a reserve for anything. Print as much as possible!

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
We all know USD won't last- the trick is to move to something that will before it's too late.

What lasts?

well, it's got to be finite and useful- as others said. Although gold isn't terribly useful to me, personally- it's only use is in manufacturing.

Something that scales with human population could be useful- but it doesn't take long to see the problem with using, say, human teeth as currency.

Bitcoin might be the best we've got for now, but it's certainly got its own problems. At any rate, it's got to be better than this nonsense we're using.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Bitcoin is like a penny stock with most trades going for less than a US dollar. To make matters worse there are only a few people that own most of the bitcoins in circulation, so they control the price along with exchanges and some very large mining pools collecting the coins. Its a common occurrence for mining pool operators and exchanges to claim they were hacked then runaway with the coins.

The Mt. Gox exchange is a good example, $650,000,000 in coins missing, yeah right. I expect many of the big holders to eventually get bored with the penny anti trades and sell off, causing the price to decrease significantly.
edit on 12-6-2015 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: PrinceJohnson

You got it all wrong. My best advice to you is get out of that f-cking third world country. If you spent more time in the company of Americans you wouldn't have all these misconceptions about the banking system.

Third world country?

Like the one you and your Progressive buddies are pushing to allow to come into the country? Like what is going to happen to the US if we allow the progressives to have their way?

Your funny as hell! Not sure if it's by accident or on purpose!

As far as addressing the OP without attacking them as you did?

How about just going back to the gold standard?

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: PrinceJohnson

Well, that's not going help that third world country one bit, nor is it going to help Em Wah, who is in another country that is openly practicing the QE model for instance. Boy Monkey is correct in both ways, banks/bankers got so out of hand that many of them should be doing time, those that invested in the banks for their FUTURE money have been pissed on, and will never see their investments paid back in real time/terms. So the QE method which is banker driven is to, 'lets just play quiet for a while then we'll notch thing up a bit' for those in a loan situation, and as for the bank investors Pfff for a long, long time....unless they find life on Mars, or find usable nuclear fusion or Stargate, or another trip to the Moon.
The thing is, I'd love to go year after year into a shop, and pay a penny for the same thing I bought every day of my life, but it doesn't work that way does it, because for some that's so fecking boring..so they pay more,(but not I in some respects), or rather it cost more, so that makes us all so much more alive, we are in the economic demagogue matrix, and market forces. Mind you, you can still buy a pair of jeans for a fiver, in the supply and demand mode God knows how the people that make them live, so they probably don't for so long, and they are at the bottom of the QE scale, and guess what, nobody gives a shiite.

edit on 12-6-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The main problem with the gold standard is that the gold is all in the hands of the people who made this world the broken slave planet it is.

Besides- it doesn't really have much value. Copper is worth more per pound in usability than gold is.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join