It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social Media (fb) pages - have you noticed unified purpose (agenda) lately?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Howdy ATS-

Just wondering if on the pages you follow on Facebook seem as of late to be trending toward the current "inequality" claim of the day?

I mean, sites you are following for local news, or sites you follow just for laughs - have you noticed in the past couple of weeks they all seem to be hopping on the same bandwagon of the day? My local newspaper talking about Jenner, some e-cards talking about the transgender that wants to use the boys bathroom so he's suing his school, things like that. But then every single page hops on and reports the same thing.

Has the national narrative made its full invasion?

I know it's always been that way to an extent, but for the past couple of weeks it seems to have ramped up.

I can't tell you how many pages I have unfollowed. The light-hearted fun is dying it seems. I'm tired of being saturated by the nanny state story of the day not because I don't care, but I don't get my news from facebook ha!

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Social Media is a useful tool for the 2016 election campaigns.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: raedar

The only "agenda" is to match the interests of the user base. Whatever the "hot" topic is right now, that's what you will see more of, depending on your own personal online behavior and search history.

Which makes me wonder about your FB usage. I've joined a few advocacy pages and am personally interested in trans* news yet I don't get any of that stuff in my feed. I had to actually google Caitlyn Jenner's story and figure out how she's connected to the Kardasians. So I'm thinking you've been doing something to make the algorithms think you are looking for that sort of stuff if you are getting bombarded with it.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Whats Facebook?

One thing I notice when there is some breaking news event, googling it in general with a time stamp within one hour always lists the main stream channels first page; BBC, CNN, etc. They often carry a repeat of the source article so you really learn nothing new, from them.

You got to dig for more info, pics, videos, whatever.

Its always been like that. Before the Internet,It didn't matter if you bought the New York , Los Angeles nor Chicago Sun Times, Time or Newsweek magazine, listened to NBC, CBS news, they all said the same thing.

Back then it was determined that all the news these major institutions picked up were from two exclusive sources, AP (Associated Press), and UPI (United Press International).

Nowadays how do they all get the same news line to repeat? In an effort to seem unified they still sell us the Main Stream line, but whats the source nowadays?

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I don't think you understand what I'm saying, but it's been a long day and I'm not doing a good job explaining.

My local newspaper, my local news, funny pages like some ecards, distractify, to the "news" propaganda pages like "huffington post", my local music pages like "AV Club", Austin 360... they all seem to report the SAME things within the same timeframe. There's no more variety. And it seems to be the "I'm being treated unequal to you" story of the day.

I spend my time on facebook looking for laughs, I get my news from elsewhere. I've started deleting pages I'm following and am about ready to just deactivate.

I'm a lesbian, but don't look at gay stuff because it mostly doesn't interest me, I just happen to be gay. Like I don't go marching in parades or demand things from people that aren't gay. I'm just like anyone else in that sense, I'm normie.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I guess what I'm saying is it now seems to be infiltrating the Local level, as well as the light-hearted just for fun sites.

whygodwhy?

That's all I'm saying.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I've noticed it. Plus, FB just updated how you get news on the homepage. It's a bit more organized and now you have sections. (Politics, Science, Sports, etc.) I've noticed though, all the news that is covered is just, propaganda from the media. I mean, news outlets covering South China Sea, and at the same time the US gets "hacked" from China. The government has control over media. They just like playing with your minds. I'm surprised the TPP got covered on facebook. Even though, it didn't stay up in the top 3 for long. Mt point being, because this was more of a rant, that I do find it to be very controlling.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
About 2 months ago I 'unfriended' everyone, deleted my 'likes', and took down pictures. It's just a shell now. I came to the conclusion that I don't trust Facebook and what goes on with it behind the scenes. I'm glad I did that.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I don't use social media, but I have noticed that other sites have been stepping up the social engineering as of late. Facebook and other sites like it are just tools to control the useful idiots of the world. It is completely censored and is a created product to push the agendas of the elite.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: raedar
I don't think you understand what I'm saying, but it's been a long day and I'm not doing a good job explaining.

My local newspaper, my local news, funny pages like some ecards, distractify, to the "news" propaganda pages like "huffington post", my local music pages like "AV Club", Austin 360... they all seem to report the SAME things within the same timeframe. There's no more variety. And it seems to be the "I'm being treated unequal to you" story of the day.

Now I see what you're saying. Jon Stewart has a few segments where he'll do a mash-up of reporter coverage of a specific event and they will, to the word, say exactly the same things, one-liners and clever banter included. It's bizarre.

I know that's not exactly what you are talking about but those segments illustrate your point about how news seems to almost all just draw from one cookie-cutter source. Timed and scripted with surgical precision.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Maybe you are seeing more Equality news because it's Pride month... either way Equality, tolerance awareness is never a bad thing when it comes to Social and Civil Justice

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

There are certain top stories that get a lot of attention, for example, that blue vs. gold dress, that really aren't that relevant. I agree with the O.P.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I'm a lesbian, but don't look at gay stuff because it mostly doesn't interest me, I just happen to be gay. Like I don't go marching in parades or demand things from people that aren't gay. I'm just like anyone else in that sense, I'm normie.

Prehaps you have never noticed it because the L and G part of the acronym have bigger numbers and have been openly fighting at it longer than the T crowd thus have been normalized to a pretty acceptable level for society.

We are still working on the T part and just you wait until I get my big break and chance to shine. This is only the beginning.

Oh and I'm not really into all that gay stuff either, skipping the parade tomorrow and going to the clubs in the evening instead and in style.

edit on CDTFri, 12 Jun 2015 22:45:40 -0500pmppAmerica/Chicago12-05:00Fri, 12 Jun 2015 22:45:40 -050045 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   

a reply to: intrptr

I guess what I'm saying is it now seems to be infiltrating the Local level, as well as the light-hearted just for fun sites.

whygodwhy?

That's all I'm saying.

I saw a comedy routine where the guy was funning Facebook saying, what better way to keep track of people, their friends and what everyone thinks than having a book (like a police mug shot book) filled with information people willingly put out there? Saves the cops a bunch of time collecting all that with investigations…

government, too.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TrappedPrincess

There has been a lot of progress this past couple of years and it's awesome!

I think for me as a lesbian, I've been somewhat exposed to the Trans culture but at the same time not really since I'm more of a reclusive type. But, I have learned so much as of late. "Transparent" & "OITNB" really broadened my view!

I remember back when I was in college, "Ellen" was a hit on TV and it really opened up people's hearts from my perception, and I felt a lot of relief back then and more comfortable in my own skin!

new topics

top topics

join