It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Brain Is Wired Like That of Birds, Study Finds

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

So.....

They're using a animalistic thought patterns for ......

A robot~~????!!!!!

No wonder Skynet comes alive and is completely carnivorous ~~~~!!!

I sure hope this just research or tabloid....

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

I just knew it! That scientific finding totally supports my long held belief--considering that I have not feather one--that I could fly if I could just get my mind into the right gear.

I reason that if we have the same wiring as birds that evidently we could fly at an earlier time--maybe about the time that birds quit walking and started flying?

I'll be trying to reprogram my lost abilities if not stunt flying techniques in my lucid dreaming tonight. That will be simple flight simulation of course, with self-training, I'm confident I can get out in the open air of reality pronto.

Big jump ahead there!! lol
We share cognition, long term memory and speech genes with birds... and we lack wings to fly!!
But... that would be so amazing if we could fly with wings, I'd love it!

Smurfy, I find it really interesting too and one more point that shows how much we are all linked (evolution for those that hate the word,lol)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Since birds brains are similar to human

were dinosaur brains similar to us?

ahha .... Eddie knew what he was talking about!

edit on SatSat, 13 Jun 2015 03:41:42 -05001AMk000000Saturdayam by Dr1Akula because: (no reason given)

edit on SatSat, 13 Jun 2015 03:43:17 -05001AMk000000Saturdayam by Dr1Akula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   

I reason that if we have the same wiring as birds that evidently we could fly at an earlier time--maybe about the time that birds quit walking and started flying?

First of all, birds still walk.

Secondly, filght is achieved by the presence of an anatomical unit specialized for lift, such as wings. No wings = no flight.

And thirdly, many birds have bird brains but are nevertheless flightless. See the Kiwi bird, the ostrich, the emu.

edit on 13-6-2015 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Maybe that's why I find bbq chicken tastes so good! Am I a chicken cannibal???

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I love birds and find this very interesting. They have 2 voice boxes, its like listening to a binaural, whole brain experience, unified right and left side.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Too bad I don't have a bird's incredible navigation abilities. I have to use my GPS!

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

Too bad I don't have a bird's incredible navigation abilities.

There are some studies that suggest that just like birds, we can sense magnetic fields. The conclusion is controversial, but certainly worth investigation.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: wasaka

Okay, I'll say it... most people have bird brains.

I'll take that as a compliment. But...if only it were true.

I did get some airtime yesterday though (not that pic).
edit on 6/14/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
I did get some airtime yesterday though

Was it more like that pic?

edit on 15-6-2015 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Cool!!! As you've said below, its now more understandable why parrots and crows are almost as intelligent as us!

Nice find!

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

First of all, birds still walk.

Secondly, filght is achieved by the presence of an anatomical unit specialized for lift, such as wings. No wings = no flight.

And thirdly, many birds have bird brains but are nevertheless flightless. See the Kiwi bird, the ostrich, the emu.

Not to mention that flying birds have very light bones, almost hollow, to take away most of the weight. I don't look forward to the time where my bones are almost hollow...

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Yavanna

Cool!!! As you've said below, its now more understandable why parrots and crows are almost as intelligent as us!

Well, almost as intelligent as human younglings.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join