It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Baltic NATO base - Russian attack

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

It would be a "colossal damage" to the security of the Russian Federation if any sort or range of missile shield is allowed to be placed in Europe.

The damage inflicted would be on the levels of 1991 break up of the USSR. Rest is upto Kremlin to decide.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: maghun

You have moved into the hilarious category now.

Actually responsibility for Baltic airspace is rotated every few months.

Russia has grounded their entire TU-95 fleet after a series of engine fires and running off the end of the runway.

Do western nations need to shoot to kill near military installations like Russia does? Why would Russian citizens (if they are) be stupid enough to do what they did? To me it almost looks like they were hoping for a harsh response for Russian propaganda excuses.

Last I checked there are NO Nato bases in the Baltic. Just bases belonging to the various Baltic nations who are hosting training exercises with allied nations.

With that said what exactly is the point of your post?

The op is exactly like your posts, except this one is pro-Russia bs laughable propaganda, whereas your posts are pro-America bs laughable propaganda.

YOU calling someone else on what YOU your self do is even more laughable.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
I am not sure what the point is. They were caught and arrested. This is not Russia, it is the West. They do not just shoot unarmed people at bases. Hell they will not even shoot you if jump the fence at the White House unarmed.

And Hungry is not in charge or even a part of the current NATO air policing in the Baltic. It is currently Norway, Italy, Belgium and the UK with a mixture of F-16 and Eurofighter Typhoons. Hungry has never been a part because they barely have an air force themselves.

You forgot to say, if you white. If you black they probably shoot you for lurking trough fence.
edit on 14-6-2015 by saadad because: quote

edit on 14-6-2015 by saadad because: errors

edit on 14-6-2015 by saadad because: fix

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: mortex

Russia has grounded their entire TU-95 fleet after a series of engine fires and running off the end of the runway.

Do western nations need to shoot to kill near military installations like Russia does? Why would Russian citizens (if they are) be stupid enough to do what they did? To me it almost looks like they were hoping for a harsh response for Russian propaganda excuses.

Last I checked there are NO Nato bases in the Baltic. Just bases belonging to the various Baltic nations who are hosting training exercises with allied nations.

The op is exactly like your posts, except this one is pro-Russia bs laughable propaganda, whereas your posts are pro-America bs laughable propaganda.

Well to be fair this one has facts in it. The original just made stuff up like, Hungry being responsible for Baltic air defense and the this was not just a NATO base but, the best NATO base. All of which is completely false. It is not really propaganda when it is facts.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
How quickly where they spotted and detained ? IF this was an actual attack by a small group of armed personal its entirely possible they could have done a lot of damage. Example Mehran base attack(Pakistan). Now plz don't give me stupid replies saying "how can you compare Pakistan to NATO". Pakistan is 3rd world Nation blah blah blah...

But if you can scale across the base with a ladder and not get caught within 5 minutes then we have a serious problem with security. But so far we don't know how long it took for security personal to react.
edit on 15-6-2015 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: maddy21
How quickly where they spotted and detained ? IF this was an actual attack by a small group of armed personal its entirely possible they could have done a lot of damage. Example Mehran base attack(Pakistan). Now plz don't give me stupid replies saying "how can you compare Pakistan to NATO". Pakistan is 3rd world Nation blah blah blah...

But if you can scale across the base with a ladder and not get caught within 5 minutes then we have a serious problem with security. But so far we don't know how long it took for security personal to react.

Articles say they were detained within minuets of arriving at the fence. They were then held and charges are pending.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

exactly. black propoganda.
that's why the op never came back. called out on the first page.

so instead of the story being
russia and china and india collaberate to make and test the world's first 10 times the speed of sound hyper maneuverable nuclear deployment platform. which the ton of off topic posts on the previous page are all obviously aware of. while china claims on state tv if the g7 doesn't crawl away and die soon they are going to use it.

the only thread that gets started on here is all russia is capable of is sending two people to climb a fence and they get arrested straight away. let's all laugh at them.

can't start a topic. told there's no post count requirement. everything is definately not what it seems in here.
edit on 15-6-2015 by devilmoon because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-6-2015 by devilmoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Yes yes, Russia good west bad, NATO bad, America really bad.

Got it.

Interesting. That really your response to this?.....wasn't even America bashing, just highlighted a security issue....

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: devilmoon

If the u.s has active site to site teleport capabilities, China's "new" delivery vehicle won't be worth squat.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: mortex

nah. op is pro American to.
just one is saying America is great.
the other is saying russia is rubbish.
then pages of drivel while they argue about it.

newsflash.
sheeple on the people farm care about the farmer shocker.

must be cos he's so good to them.

please can someone who can actually start a g7 vs bric thread so we can talk about something more interesting.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: mortex

Well to be fair this one has facts in it. The original just made stuff up like, Hungry being responsible for Baltic air defense and the this was not just a NATO base but, the best NATO base. All of which is completely false. It is not really propaganda when it is facts.

Oh I'm not disputing the facts posted later on after the OP started the thread.
I just find it amusing that people from one side who spend their time bashing Russia/criticizing Putin, and basically acting as mouthpieces for western propaganda on ATS, have the audacity to pull others up for doing the same thing from the other side of the conflict.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Articles say they were detained within minuets of arriving at the fence. They were then held and charges are pending.

I read the OP and it says "quickly", but how quickly. Any decent commando force can run riot in a base even if they have considerable amount of people defending it. Research on Mehran Airbase attack where group of 4-5 Taliban at best ran riot inside the base destroying Aircrafts and 2 escaped while there was considerable amount of army and SSG(Pakistani Commandos) battling them...
edit on 15-6-2015 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   

a reply to: JeanPaul

source?

Read about phase 4 of the EPAA. Get back to me.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: JeanPaul
Missile shields surrounding Russia would nullify their land based nuclear arsenal

Actually, that's a worthy aim. I would be quite happy for Russia to be neutered.

Russia's nationalistic aggression and attitude, fading importance, and their vast nuclear arsenal is a cause for worry.

What nation actually used nukes, on civilian populations, twice?

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   

You mean where it says "from the Middle East"? Russia is too close for them to intercept any ICBM. They're designed to intercept in the orbital phase, they can't hit during boost because the range is too long.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Nm.
edit on 6/16/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
Nm.

Yes?

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   

You do know it was cancelled in 2013...right?

mostlymissiledefense.com... rs-from-30-to-44-march-15-2013/

So that really doesn't matter now does it?

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JeanPaul

What nation actually used nukes, on civilian populations, twice?

Maybe Japan should not have started a war. I love how you guys intentionally ignore that part and skip to the end. Japan slaughtered over 80k civilians in the Philippines alone. I guess you find it acceptable because you cant blame the US for it?

Secondly Germany and Japan had research as well for nuclear weapons and had they got them first they would have used them.
edit on 17-6-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

You do know it was cancelled in 2013...right?

mostlymissiledefense.com... rs-from-30-to-44-march-15-2013/

So that really doesn't matter now does it?

Because Russia wouldn't allow it. This is part of the ongoing conflict between the two nations. If we act as if the US wont attempt this again, or even attempt it subversively, then we're acting like ostriches. It has been a slow creeping process ever since the US (Bush) backed out of the ABM treaty.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join