It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Baltic NATO base - Russian attack

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Walking onto an army range while a major military exercise is underway is usually not a sign of great intelligence, however it is what two Russian citizens with extremist views chose to do at the Adazi base just outside Riga on Wednesday.

The "terrorists" raise the Saint George Flag in the base.

On the morning of June 10, 2015, two members of the Moscow-based Other Russia (Другая Россия) party used a ladder to cross part of the fence surrounding the Adazi military base in Latvia.

They were quickly spotted and detained by security guards.

The security action was so "quick" that the "security guard" was the pound according to photo evidence, the terrorists raised the black and orange Ribbon of Saint George.

This is the best Baltic NATO base. The Adazi facility is also where the 2015 edition of the Saber Strike joint-military exercises between NATO and non-NATO allied forces started on June 8.

Professionals inside! NATO will defend all of the democratic WORLD, but can be attacked with a ladder...

Additional info: Hungary is responsible for the air defence of the Baltic region. After a week of training the Hungarian Air force lost 14% of their Grippens, 2 from 14.

The rest will defend the Baltic countries against the so called (and nonexistent) Russian agression only after recieving a permit to fly.
edit on 06pm2020000006 by maghun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
So number one, do not be intelligent. Number two, bring your own ladder. Make sure your back pack is secure and hope the wind is blowing when you raise your flag. And make sure you can outrun the security vehicles. Well I definitely feel safer. a reply to: maghun

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Is their getaway vehicle really a sit on mower! This is a joke. A publicity stunt.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Yes yes, Russia good west bad, NATO bad, America really bad.

Got it.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I am not sure what the point is. They were caught and arrested. This is not Russia, it is the West. They do not just shoot unarmed people at bases. Hell they will not even shoot you if jump the fence at the White House unarmed.

And Hungry is not in charge or even a part of the current NATO air policing in the Baltic. It is currently Norway, Italy, Belgium and the UK with a mixture of F-16 and Eurofighter Typhoons. Hungry has never been a part because they barely have an air force themselves.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

The points are:

1) NATO bases don't have guards every 15 feet around the perimeter to shoot interlopers on sight

2) thanks to #1, obviously that means NATO is weak

3) Russia is better

4) because it pertains to NATO, it allowed the OP to grandstand about poor Russia

5) Russia is better

6) see 3 and 5, those are the only ones that really matter.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: maghun

The first Gripen accident was in the Czech Republic and had nothing to do with the Baltic. The second was in Hungary and had nothing to do with the Baltic.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: maghun

You have moved into the hilarious category now.

Actually responsibility for Baltic airspace is rotated every few months.

Russia has grounded their entire TU-95 fleet after a series of engine fires and running off the end of the runway.

Do western nations need to shoot to kill near military installations like Russia does? Why would Russian citizens (if they are) be stupid enough to do what they did? To me it almost looks like they were hoping for a harsh response for Russian propaganda excuses.

Last I checked there are NO Nato bases in the Baltic. Just bases belonging to the various Baltic nations who are hosting training exercises with allied nations.

With that said what exactly is the point of your post?
edit on 12-6-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
First they verbally and thus "so casually" decide that NATO would not expand eastwards.

When NATO actually expands as it had no written treaty type binding, then these "corrupt and drunk" Kremlin oligarchs send ladies with ladders to hoist flags on NATO bases for half a minute or so.

I do not like the impractical Kremlin policies. 5 to 10k civilians murdered by Ukes artillery in Donbass and Gazprom still giving gas discounts to Nazi backed government in Kiev.

Main problem with Kremlin policies is that they ignore the saying............"if you want peace, then prepare for war".............instead go on the drinking binge on the corruption looted money from the state treasury.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: victor7

First they verbally and thus "so casually" decide that NATO would not expand eastwards.

Wrong - No such agreement / guarantee / wink wink nod nod agreement ever occurred where NATO said they would not expand east. This has being debunked many times now on this site.

When NATO actually expands as it had no written treaty type binding, then these "corrupt and drunk" Kremlin oligarchs send ladies with ladders to hoist flags on NATO bases for half a minute or so.

NATO had no written statements of not expanding East.

I do not like the impractical Kremlin policies. 5 to 10k civilians murdered by Ukes artillery in Donbass and Gazprom still giving gas discounts to Nazi backed government in Kiev.

5k to 10k killed in total by both sides. If you are going to quote official numbers get it right and stop intentionally leaving out the Pro Russian / Russian.

I see you are back to the Nazi BS again - something that has been debunked time and time again. There are more Neo Nazis in the Russian Duma than in Ukraine's government.

Main problem with Kremlin policies is that they ignore the saying............"if you want peace, then prepare for war".............instead go on the drinking binge on the corruption looted money from the state treasury.

Yeah Putin has lost touch on reality, thinks he is in charge of the USSR and thinks he can rebuild the Empire that failed already.

Putin needs to go before he gives Russia its most destructive failure in history. You need to stop ignoring facts and repeating Russian propaganda that's been debunked. Trying to push the pile is like Russia thinking people are going to believe its propaganda.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

So because two morons hopped a fence and didn't get shot, Russia is better! Is this really the point of this post?

To be a strong country, shoot morons on sight. I'll pass that bit of wisdom on to the Brass.

edit on 12-6-2015 by Feltrick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Feltrick

That's all I can surmise yea.

I already fired off a letter and a couple of strongly worded emails to the heavies. Rest assured I will NOT allow NATO countries to continue to not shoot people like this!

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Outstanding! I sent up a white paper and gave a power point presentation to SECDEF. We should be on par with the Reds...er...I mean, godless communists....I mean Ruskies now.

Rest easy free west, we are now shooting moronic fence jumpers! Yea us!

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

It's the only way we can ensure the safety of our precious bodily fluids.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Last I checked there are NO Nato bases in the Baltic. Just bases belonging to the various Baltic nations who are hosting training exercises with allied nations.

There is only one "NATO" base in the entire world and it's nowhere near the Baltic - it's in Italy. Every other base, as you rightly said, belongs to the host nation. Even USAF bases in the UK, for example, are actually RAF bases with a different sign over the door.

originally posted by: Xcathdra
With that said what exactly is the point of your post?

I think we know the answer to that

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
So there is no confusion -

Did NATO Promise Not to Enlarge? Gorbachev Says "No"

The important part -

What the Germans, Americans, British and French did agree to in 1990 was that there would be no deployment of non-German NATO forces on the territory of the former GDR. I was a deputy director on the State Department’s Soviet desk at the time, and that was certainly the point of Secretary James Baker’s discussions with Gorbachev and his foreign minister, Eduard Shevardnadze. In 1990, few gave the possibility of a broader NATO enlargement to the east any serious thought.

The agreement on not deploying foreign troops on the territory of the former GDR was incorporated in Article 5 of the Treaty on the Final Settlement with Respect to Germany, which was signed on September 12, 1990 by the foreign ministers of the two Germanys, the United States, Soviet Union, Britain and France. Article 5 had three provisions:

1.Until Soviet forces had completed their withdrawal from the former GDR, only German territorial defense units not integrated into NATO would be deployed in that territory.

2.There would be no increase in the numbers of troops or equipment of U.S., British and French forces stationed in Berlin.

3.Once Soviet forces had withdrawn, German forces assigned to NATO could be deployed in the former GDR, but foreign forces and nuclear weapons systems would not be deployed there.

When one reads the full text of the Woerner speech cited by Putin, it is clear that the secretary general’s comments referred to NATO forces in eastern Germany, not a broader commitment not to enlarge the Alliance.

Right from Gorbachev's own mouth

Former Soviet President Gorbachev’s View

We now have a very authoritative voice from Moscow confirming this understanding. Russia behind the Headlines has published an interview with Gorbachev, who was Soviet president during the discussions and treaty negotiations concerning German reunification. The interviewer asked why Gorbachev did not “insist that the promises made to you [Gorbachev]—particularly U.S. Secretary of State James Baker’s promise that NATO would not expand into the East—be legally encoded?”

Gorbachev replied: “The topic of ‘NATO expansion’ was not discussed at all, and it wasn’t brought up in those years. … Another issue we brought up was discussed: making sure that NATO’s military structures would not advance and that additional armed forces would not be deployed on the territory of the then-GDR after German reunification. Baker’s statement was made in that context… Everything that could have been and needed to be done to solidify that political obligation was done. And fulfilled.”

Gorbachev continued that “The agreement on a final settlement with Germany said that no new military structures would be created in the eastern part of the country; no additional troops would be deployed; no weapons of mass destruction would be placed there. It has been obeyed all these years.” To be sure, the former Soviet president criticized NATO enlargement and called it a violation of the spirit of the assurances given Moscow in 1990, but he made clear there was no promise regarding broader enlargement.

So I have to ask our pro Russian brethren -

Is Putin lying or is Gorbachev lying?

Additional -
The speech Putin mangled to make his false argument about NATO enlargement -
The Atlantic Alliance and European Security in the 1990s Address by Secretary General, Manfred Wörner to the Bremer Tabaks Collegium

edit on 12-6-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

5k to 10k killed in total by both sides.

Who is really twisting the facts and drumming up the propaganda? Even if 100 civilians were killed by rebels in Donbass, their cause would have been chased out of the region in a fortnight.

Fault is with Kremlin and its impotent FSB that cannot topple the fascistic government in Kiev.

These two entities cannot even devise a way to curb corruption in Russia. No one wants to align with a country that is corrupt with 100 oligarchs ruling over the rest who are barely able to make ends meet.

Clean up Russia from corruption and economic stagnation and dozens of countries from near and far will run to join the customs union.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

the basic story seems to be two people climbed a fence and raised a flag.

it's basically western propogandaists creating a no sense story to then give themselves an excuse to talk about something other than the us senators who are trying to stop the funding for the neo nazi azov brigade being funded with us tax dollars.

it's all they have left now russia nationalised nearly all of the industry in ukraine and crimea and the full scale tweet brigade is being completely ignored.

lots of money and jobs and huge growth available to take advantage of in the bric region. just google bric vs g7 for the real story behind this and the other nonsenses topics.

the only halarious thing is these guys think anyone falls for it these days. rather than just scratching their head and changing channel.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Looking at a map, the Baltic is hundreds of Kliks from Hungary, I just don't see how Hungary can defend the Baltic, what with Germany being in the way, and Poland.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

There's a rotating air patrol that is in Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania. The US, France, Italy, and several other nations rotate forces through for a month or so at a time, and monitor the Baltic. Hungary has nothing to do with it, but it sounds good to say they did after having two landing accidents in a month.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join