It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Defeats TPP Fast Track

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Washington Post

President Obama suffered a major defeat to his Pacific Rim free trade initiative Friday as House Democrats helped derail a key presidential priority despite his last-minute, personal plea on Capitol Hill.

The House voted 302 to 126 to sink a measure to grant financial aid to displaced workers, fracturing hopes at the White House that Congress would grant Obama fast-track trade authority to complete an accord with 11 other Pacific Rim nations.

YES!

The TPP and it's monstrous sisters are nothing short of an international corporate take over. We're not out of the woods yet, this was only to defeat fast track authority, we must defeat the whole deal and send a clear message that these massive trade deals have no place in today's world. Still huge victory though... I thought we were going to lose

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Did you happen to catch the press conference and hear the crap Josh Earnest spewed out?

It was both sad and hilarious! Excuses filled with finger pointing! lmao

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I didn't. I don't watch TV. I'm sure there's a clip somewhere though.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Outstanding.

Very Surprised actually.

Of course in phase 2, the Bribes get bigger

edit on 12-6-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

It is a good day. Let's hope that things hold.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Outstanding.

Very Surprised actually.

Of course in phase 2, the Bribes get bigger

You're very much on point.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
It's so secretive. That's the big red flag and then, yes it does appear to be very pro big corporations. Like big corporations need any more help in making more money, controlling elections and controlling us.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
The secrecy of the whole thing is what really bothers me.

This is a step in the right direction, but like someone else said, the bribes will only get bigger, and unfortunately, money does some strange sh*t to people.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Hopefully this was the result of citizens letting their Representatives know that the American people have no interest in the latest attempt at screwing us over.

I'm kind of surprised it got shot down. Hopefully the TPP doesn't get snuck through when no one is watching.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Oh my god...a win. Lol. Thanks for the share, SnF. Glad to see some politicians seeing through the BS.

I also like to hear "Obama" and "suffer" in the same sentence, has a nice ring to it I think.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
This is a beautiful victory for the people.

I love this issue because it brings ATS people together. We all despise the TPP. Good to be working with you on this Kali!

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Looks like there have been 3 votes on issues today.

H of R

are we missing anything?

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
This is a beautiful victory for the people.

I love this issue because it brings ATS people together. We all despise the TPP. Good to be working with you on this Kali!

Very true. I don't know one republican or democrat or left or right or whatever that likes this Bill....except our elected officials. That should tell us something.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Hopefully they won't pass the other trade deals in line behind this one.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Wow.

Here I am cheering for the democrats.

Good on them!

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I wonder why they would want a worker re-training program?

The TTP is supposed to help American workers right?

So much double talk and confusion.

Careful listening to the MSM !!!

This entire thing might be a carefully planned multi-staged campaign trick for 2016.

We haven't seen much Democrat bashing Obama issues before now.

Remember the "bomb Syria" trick.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
BTW Some Dems support measures of it wanting some parts changed to their standards. It needs to be released in FULL and not after it's been signed in. Until then and even after anyone one needs to look into leaks and other news of the ills of this. Thanks all for efforts so far but be weary am sure they won't give up so soon.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
they just wanted more time to sneak in some extra horrible stuff before passing it.

don't worry, the train of corruption and power is hauling 6+ billion people behind it, it won't change direction so suddenly.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I too, feel like I've entered Bizarro World on this one. That's not to say I trust that this thing is dead by any means, but I'm glad it didn't pass.

Ultimately for me, the secrecy surrounding it has been the main issue. If it's so great, why can't we the people see what's in it BEFORE it's voted on?

If there's never been a more glaring example of why none of us should believe anything EITHER party tells us, then this is it. They just switch sides, and use each other's tactics.
edit on 6/12/2015 by ProfessorChaos because: typo

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

A little info one what is in the defeated TPP. youtu.be...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join