It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Programmers...Could it be done in 6 Days if Virtual Reality?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Look around and see how unnatural our lives have become, surely we have lost touch with the purposed state of humankind.

I certainly agree, I don't think we are living as were were meant to live and that is why most people are not truly happy.

I notice in games that people generally like the avatars that look most like humans, I think if we could choose to look like a perfected self we would mostly choose that.

I was think about the ancester simulation idea, I was thinking how could people run a simulation of their ancesters and watch them suffer...WOULD anyone do that.

Then i realized, YES think if we could run a simulation now of cavemen, if we had enough detail to make it the way it was and they were with some free will. We would indeed watch them get killed by predators and die of illness, justifiable by it being accurate.

we would watch and maybe visit in avatars of animal or human form to learn we would not interfere and make their life better...

Now what if some did decide to not only interfere but interact in these creatures lives, that would be like what Satan is said to have done. Give them insight they were not meant to have, give them tools they did not have.

This could be literal in a virtual reality!

A Trickster figure, he was a champion of mankind known for his wily intelligence, who stole fire from Zeus and the gods and gave it to mortals. Zeus then punished him for his crime by having him bound to a rock while a great eagle (or vulture) ate his liver every day only to have it grow back to be eaten again the next day.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood
a reply to: Char-Lee

LOL I could see Lucifer as the jealous and un-imaginative assistant to God during production of Earth: the Reality. Got fired and started his own much maligned version.

I could see God as the megalomaniac who can never give anyone else credit and never actually does anything either. We all know "that guy" right?

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: Thorneblood

LOL I could see Lucifer as the jealous and un-imaginative assistant to God during production of Earth: the Reality. Got fired and started his own much maligned version.

I could see God as the megalomaniac who can never give anyone else credit and never actually does anything either. We all know "that guy" right?

Who knows we could all be a truly infinate god who exists in continual non duality save for when we live out our dual lives likened to projections or broadcast from the singularity known as the BIG BANG.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Well, it is time to stop the speculation and actually find out for sure.

Anyone care to try it ??? Or do I gotta go it alone.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

Well, it is time to stop the speculation and actually find out for sure.

Anyone care to try it ??? Or do I gotta go it alone.

Your not alone, the whole multiverse of universes is moving with you bro. . .

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
And no one has asked that 64 trillion dollar question: if it is possible to program such a scenario, then who programmed the programming entity? And who programmed him?

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Precisely. Think about the observer effect. The quantum realm exist and what we call the physical world is merely the product of the wave function collapse. Though we are obviously integrated into this system. It's kinda like a nested loop we are created in the mind of God and the world he created reacts to the observers he created. That's how I am currently thinking about it anyways. The.more we learn I am sure that will change.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

And no one has asked that 64 trillion dollar question: if it is possible to program such a scenario, then who programmed the programming entity? And who programmed him?

If all is one then its a self programming scenario likened to a dream.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Actually it was mentioned...on page 2 by ignorant_ape

you know dammed well whats coming next dont you

and the orign of the alledged ` advanced beings ` and the infrastructure required for the existance of them and thier " virtual environment " is ...............................

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I would say its all God's dream if you want to use that abstraction.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Okay, so I was arguing against the wrong premise. I apologize to you and Thorne, I was under the impression that we were talking about actual computer programming and how one could program a virtual reality using such. I guess when you talk about an all powerful creator, it kind of makes the whole "how" part irrelevant since he is all powerful and can do whatever he would want to including programming a virtual reality whether there were templates or pre programmed patterns or not.
edit on 14-6-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

originally posted by: Barcs

I think it's safe to say that the empty space between stars and planets is NOT used as there is nothing there but debris.

Nothing there but debris? Scientist are now exploring those spaces now, since they realize there is more there than meets the eye. The planets stars and galaxies are all orbiting based on the effect of these so-called wasted spaces. Scientists are constantly striving to understand the universe on quantum levels. Dark matter is a pseudo name given to that wasted space that cause and effect has shown there is something there unseen at this time. I believe the notion that it is wasted space is no longer considered true, it has purpose.

archive.ncsa.illinois.edu...

genesismission.jpl.nasa.gov... module/Cosmogony/CosmogonyPDF/MilkyWaySurpriseST.pdf

Empty space itself is not dark matter. Dark matter is called dark because we cannot see it. A common misconception is that space itself is dark matter, but this isn't the case. Dark matter is out there, we can see its effects, but that's not what empty space is. Sorry.

Dark matter is a hypothetical kind of matter that cannot be seen with telescopes but would account for most of the matter in the universe. The existence and properties of dark matter are inferred from its gravitational effects on visible matter, radiation, and the large-scale structure of the universe.

edit on 14-6-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

Okay, so I was arguing against the wrong premise. I apologize to you and Thorne, I was under the impression that we were talking about actual computer programming and how one could program a virtual reality using such. I guess when you talk about an all powerful creator, it kind of makes the whole "how" part irrelevant since he is all powerful and can do whatever he would want to including programming a virtual reality whether there were templates or pre programmed patterns or not.

Actually I wanted to discuss both, because of the scientific hypothesis that humans may someday create and ancestor simulation or have in the future and we are their sim in the past. Also how a human would go about bringing a simulation timewise IF they already over a long period of time had created a "pattern" or template. Could it be done in an actual week and in such case i would have to reconsider what i thought was wrong.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Empty space itself is not dark matter. Dark matter is called dark because we cannot see it. A common misconception is that space itself is dark matter, but this isn't the case. Dark matter is out there, we can see its effects, but that's not what empty space is. Sorry.

I think she/he means this

Empty space, we have discovered, is actually not empty at all. Quantum effects constantly produce particles and antiparticles "out of nothing," only to have them disappear few moments later. And space itself can either be almost flat or curved, depending on the amount of matter it contains.

www.fnal.gov...

The vacuum, empty space, actually consists of particles and antiparticles ...

Possibly Dark Energy fills everything

Another explanation for dark energy is that it is a new kind of dynamical energy fluid or field, something that fills all of space but something whose effect on the expansion of the Universe is the opposite of that of matter and normal energy. Some theorists have named this "quintessence," after the fifth element of the Greek philosophers.

science.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
True Story: I just got back from Peru where I took a medicine that shall not be named.

While there it told me that reality is a simulation created via divine mandate by the first eleven souls God created. It also said the purpose of this existence is to perfect spirits.

At that point I said, "Oh great, reality was created by eleven computer nerds" at which point the spirit I was speaking with quite clearly said "We are NOT computer nerds."

So there you have it--reality is a giant simulation, and designer spirits don't really have a good sense of humor.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Trachel

So there you have it--reality is a giant simulation, and designer spirits don't really have a good sense of humor.

Then where did this come from?
kids.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Trachel

Then where did this come from?
kids.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Well right now some large Video Game developers can't even make a decent game in two years. Maybe in the future they could as technology evolves.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I haven't followed this whole thread, but I just wanted to add: if we're going to stretch the biblical "created the earth and the heavens" stuff into "programmed a virtual reality," why do we need to be precise on how long it took?

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: AshOnMyTomatoes

haven't followed this whole thread, but I just wanted to add: if we're going to stretch the biblical "created the earth and the heavens" stuff into "programmed a virtual reality," why do we need to be precise on how long it took?

I don't see how you think its a stretch lol. Maybe you should go read more than one verse that mentions creation.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join