It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Say Hello to Obama's New Federal Neighborhood Engineering Plan

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Obama and the Federal Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) will be introducing new regulations that will essentially "require" some "affordable" housing in so-called "affluent" neighborhoods.

Definitely social economic engineering in deluxe form.

Get ready to read about lawsuits that challenge Federal authority over local zoning ordinances.

This could be an Agenda21 plan?

HUD effort to house poor called ‘federal neighborhood engineering’

The Obama administration is moving forward with regulations designed to help diversify America’s wealthier neighborhoods, drawing fire from critics who decry the proposal as executive overreach in search of an “unrealistic utopia.”

A final Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) rule due out this month is aimed at ending decades of deep-rooted segregation around the country.

The regulations would use grant money as an incentive for communities to build affordable housing in more affluent areas while also taking steps to upgrade poorer areas with better schools, parks, libraries, grocery stores and transportation routes as part of a gentrification of those communities.

“HUD is working with communities across the country to fulfill the promise of equal opportunity for all,” a HUD spokeswoman said. “The proposed policy seeks to break down barriers to access to opportunity in communities supported by HUD funds.”

2nd Source

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I cant help but think about the last time a bunch of impoverished people were relocated to different areas. After Hurricane Katrina many refugees were relocated to Houston. The crime rate here went up 73%.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
So let me get this straight.

Obama hates the rich, and wants the 'less fortunate to move in next door to them.

The kicker is making them evil richpay their 'fair share' to finance it.

I really can't stand social engineering.

Yeppers robbing from the rich so the poor gets to have a 90210 address!!

Woo Hoo!

Gotta love the makings of another mortgage backed government program in the making.

The first one worked out soooo well.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

From your TP source (with the racially charged headline: Obama to Regulate ‘Diversity’ in White Suburbs):

To qualify for certain funds under the regulations, cities would be required to examine patterns of segregation in neighborhoods and develop plans to address it. Those that don’t could see the funds they use to improve blighted neighborhoods disappear, critics of the rule say.

The regulations would apply to roughly 1,250 local governments.

So basically the proposed policy changes require that local governments develop plans to stop using federal grants to build ghettos and we're supposed to be upset about this why?

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Why do I have the sneaky suspicion that when he leaves the White House, this won't be applied to the neighborhood he and his family will move to.

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I dont think local governments use funds to build ghettos. I think they build new areas for poor people and then crappy people turn them into ghettos. Problem is you can take people out of the ghetto but you cant take the ghetto out of people.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: myartisstrong
I cant help but think about the last time a bunch of impoverished people were relocated to different areas. After Hurricane Katrina many refugees were relocated to Houston. The crime rate here went up 73%.

As far as I can tell, this is a total fabrication. Perhaps you'd like to cite a source?

Hurricane Katrina happened in August of 2005. Let's look at some violent crime statistics according to The City of Houston's website:

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Talk to someone who lives here.

From the Washington Post:
After Welcoming Evacuees, Houston Handles Spike in Crime

A police dog checks a vehicle involved in a Houston high-speed chase Jan. 26 involving nine people from New Orleans.
A police dog checks a vehicle involved in a Houston high-speed chase Jan. 26 involving nine people from New Orleans. (By Sylvia Moreno -- The Washington Post)
TOOLBOX
Resize Print
E-mail Reprints
By Sylvia Moreno
Washington Post Staff Writer
Monday, February 6, 2006
HOUSTON -- The southwest corner of this city is one sprawling low-rise apartment complex after the next, a once-hot real estate area that died with the 1980s oil bust only to be reborn in the '90s as a low-income, high-crime neighborhood. Now it's Katrina turf.

New Tony's Express, a neighborhood convenience store, is sold out of T-shirts and caps stenciled with the numbers 504, 985 and 337 -- the area codes for New Orleans and southern Louisiana. The emergency room of West Houston Medical Center is so busy treating Hurricane Katrina evacuees the staff jokingly calls itself "Charity West," a reference to New Orleans's venerable Charity Hospital.

And now, police say that southwest Houston, long recognized as a problem area, is facing another manifestation of the Louisiana exodus: Katrina crime.

Since Sept. 1, when an estimated 150,000 to 200,000 Louisianans resettled in Houston after Hurricane Katrina, evacuees are believed to have been involved in 26 slayings, or nearly 17 percent of all homicides. The cases, according to Houston police, involved 34 evacuees -- 19 of them victims and 15 of them suspects.

Late last month, investigators in the Houston Police Department's Gang Murder Squad announced the arrests of eight of 11 suspects believed linked to nine homicides in the city's southwest side and two others in nearby Pasadena, Tex. The slayings occurred since November, and all the suspects are displaced New Orleanians who landed in Houston after the hurricane.

"We did not initiate this effort with the intention of singling out New Orleans or Louisiana people," said Lt. Robert Manza, a police department spokesman. "It just so happens that every single one we arrested and three we're looking for are New Orleans residents."

"The message is clear: We're going to relocate these men from apartments in Houston to a prison in Texas," Manza said. "That's going to be their next home."

An increase in violent crime since Sept. 1 and a spate of homicides over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend involving Katrina evacuees have elicited urgent pleas from Mayor Bill White and Police Chief Harold L. Hurtt to the federal government to help pay the cost of providing increased security and to hire more officers. Hurtt is taking the request to Washington next week as part of a meeting of police chiefs. White is also in negotiations with the Federal Emergency Management Agency.

Both officials are careful not to blame Houston's recent rise in violent crime solely on Katrina evacuees, saying such statistics were rising last year before the hurricane. They point to what they call the majority of law-abiding Louisianans now living in the city and say the crime rate per thousand for the evacuee population is not greater than it was among Houstonians before the influx of Katrina survivors.

But the issue facing the city, officials said, is that Houston's 2 million population grew by about 10 percent virtually overnight, straining all key city services such as schools, hospitals, emergency services and, particularly, public safety. The addition of the evacuee population has dropped the ratio of police officers per thousand Houstonians to 1.9, compared with 2.3 before Katrina and with the national average of 2.8.

"We should not be penalized for opening up our city to folks who lost their homes," Hurtt said in an interview last week. "We are just trying to help them get back to normal as soon as possible."

My sisters neighbor was shot in the head when confronting one of these refugees while they were trying to steal the inspection sticker out of her car.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Obama hates the rich, and wants the 'less fortunate to move in next door to them.

Yeppers robbing from the rich so the poor gets to have a 90210 address!!

Hyperbole much? If Obama hates the rich, he's done a piss poor job of acting upon his hatred. The biggest threat to the super wealthy isn't taxes (or the poor families that won't be moving in next door to them) it's their own success as a class at winning a game they control and the inevitable resentment of a great number of the other 99.99% of people who aren't sharing equally in the economic prosperity.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Also. Katrina was in 2005

Your "evidence" starts in 2007

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

If Obama hates the rich, he's done a piss poor job of acting upon his hatred. The biggest threat to the super wealthy isn't taxes (or the poor families that won't be moving in next door to them) it's their own success as a class at winning a game they control and the inevitable resentment of a great number of the other 99.99% of people who aren't sharing equally in the economic prosperity.

Theres some 'hypberole'.

The 99% eh.

Household assets @ over 85 trillion dollars.

www.usdebtclock.org...

Seems the 99% is doing quite well.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Meh, the rich are already building their pleasure-domes in Dubai, for the time when they all escape in mass...leaving the masses of poor to fend for themselves ala "Elysium".

Anyone got any leads on jobs serving rich people in Dubai? I have a feeling those are going to be the sought after jobs. Well, until they can build a space station to remove themselves from Earth and it's poor people.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: myartisstrong

So there is no source for your made up 73% increase and the best you can do is pull out an article from 2006 showing a temporary 17% uptick in murders at a point when the city's population grew by 10% almost overnight and the additional growth came from unemployed refugees from low income neighborhoods destroyed by Katrina? I'm sure you're also aware that there was an upward trend in the raw number of violent crimes between 2004-2007 (I can find a source if you'd like), that started more than a year prior to Katrina?

So first and foremost you're wrong about the violent crime rates. Secondly, how does this apply to the topic at hand?

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: myartisstrong

Also. Katrina was in 2005

Your "evidence" starts in 2007

Your "evidence" starts somewhere about a foot into your colon. Here's a source for violent crime data, 2000-2012. Please either point out where you came up with this 73% number (or even 37%) or stop pretending that you didn't just make it up.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I remember reading that % on a headline in a Galveston news paper. We were at here house about to go to her neighbors funeral and some of us were having a discussion about it as the paper sat on the kitchen table.

This applies to the post because you cant take a bunch of ghetto trash and move them to affluent neighborhoods and expect them to all get jobs and behave. I am from Huntsville TX, so here is the example I'm thinking of... If we took all of Sycamore Blvd. (which is the ghetto, trailer park ridden area in Huntsville) and moved it to the golf course neighborhood Elkins Lake. Crime in Elkins Lake would go up, as would police presence. People work hard to buy homes in safe areas where they don't have to deal with either.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
They are not addressing the prior big city project failures.

I wonder why those failures are unaddressed for decades already.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

This appears to be Stage 2 of the old "Environmental Justice" mandate that applies to any public domain projects.

All the more reason for those with the economic means to flee cities in droves. One look at Detroit today tells you all you need to know about how many American cities will look in 10-20 years, after the middle class and upper middle class have been chased out.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
They are not addressing the prior big city project failures.

I wonder why those failures are unaddressed for decades already.

Depends on who's defining "failure." Failure to the People of the United States often represents success to those in power.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: myartisstrong

This is total rubbish. I lived in Katy at the time of Katrina and your entire assertion is nonsense.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
FFS!

Maybe the article was talking about a 73% increase in crime in a certain area of houston. I just remember thinking damn 73%, thats a lot. Doesn't change the fact that if you take poor ghetto trash that was bred by poor ghetto trash and put them in nice areas, they will continue to act like poor ghetto trash.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join