It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NAACP Leader and Activist Outed as White Woman

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
This need repeating
BLACK is not a culture it is a color.
Black is imprecise for it's use in describing people.
Culture is learnt it is not in the genes.
Black as it relates to Americans of African ancestry is a means of self identification, meaning culture.
If America is a tribal nation which it largely is, then the vast majority of folks of African ancestry with deep roots here, would or could be classified as Afro-Saxons a sub tribe of Anglo Saxon to which they are linked to in both blood, language, history and culture since the May Flower .

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
some possible evidence of plagiarizing .....

how deep will this scandal go?

Fake Black Woman Rachel Dolezal Apparently Copied Famous Painting and Passed It Off as Her Own

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
All I can say is good riddance! She has been a problem in this area since she got here a few years back. She had an agenda, to create a problem so she could then create a position for herself. Well it finally backfired. Shame on her.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

She has RESIGNED !!

SPOKANE, Wash. (CBS Seattle/AP) — The leader of the NAACP in Spokane is stepping down amid controversy after her parents said the 37-year-old activist falsely portrayed herself as black for years.

Rachel Dolezal announced Monday she was resigning after canceling a chapter meeting where she was expected to speak about the furor sparked over her racial identity.

Dolezal’s statement reads, “While challenging the construct of race is at the core of evolving human consciousness, we can NOT afford to lose sight of the five Game Changers (Criminal Justice & Public Safety, Health & Healthcare, Education, Economic Sustainability, and Voting Rights & Political Representation) that affect millions, often with a life or death outcome. The movement is larger than a moment in time or a single person’s story, and I hope that everyone offers their robust support of the Journey for Justice campaign that the NAACP launches today!

Rachel Dolezal Resigns As NAACP Leader Amid Racial Identity Controversy

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
She's officially gone but I think the show has only just started. Lawyers I see lots of lawyers in the future.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

I am sure there will be LOTS of lawyers. I could be wrong but I swear when she she first got here there was an article about her receiving a federal grant regarding human rights education. If she lied on her application then she will have the Feds to deal with too.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

The only problem I have with any of this, aside from the mass deception, is the using of race for affirmative action movement which benefited her financially. She received scholarships and funds as a POC, which was undeserving, and IMO, stealing from others. She is not a POC, and that money should be repaid.

Every penny.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
The Smoking Gun also reports she sued her Alma Mater, Howard University, over "race claims".

From Vox...

Shortly after the resignation, the Smoking Gun reported that Doleza once sued Howard University for denying her teaching posts, claiming "discrimination based on race, pregnancy, family responsibilities and gender" and that a decision to remove her artwork from an exhibit was"motivated by a discriminatory purpose to favor African-American students over" her. The complaint was dismissed in 2004.

Rachel Dolezal's lawsuit
Wow.

I take back what I said about her earlier. She is mental and needs serious help.

edit on 15-6-2015 by Jaellma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Libertygal
a reply to: schuyler

The only problem I have with any of this, aside from the mass deception, is the using of race for affirmative action movement which benefited her financially. She received scholarships and funds as a POC, which was undeserving, and IMO, stealing from others. She is not a POC, and that money should be repaid.

Every penny.

I was under the impression that she did not receive any scholarship money by claiming to be a "POC". Do you have proof of this? I would not be too surprised but I haven't found any proof of that (the scholarships specifically), only speculation. As far as "funding" that's pretty vague so it's possible but again... proof?

She certainly profited from this façade, given her position with the NAACP, but directly receiving money by claiming that she is black is another matter. She was wrong, and dishonest but degenerating into rumor mongering scandal is not helpful. In fact, I guess she sued a college because she was white...

In fact, the Smoking Gun reported reported Monday afternoon that Dolezal sued Howard University in 2002 for discriminating against her for being white.

www.washingtonpost.com...[ed itby]edit on 15-6-2015 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
She lied. She's untrustworthy. She should be fired.
She should be investigated for false reporting of threats against her.

Her parents did nothing wrong.
They said nothing until asked by a reporter.
They told the truth and shouldn't be yelled at for doing so.

This woman has issues. Everyone does.
Her issue? Maybe some bizarre case of race envy?
A psychologist would be useful for her.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It shouldn't matter, people are allowed to be Goats today and Senators tomorrow. That would violate the #I can be anyone i want from one week to another Continuous ongoing campaign against Humanity Society.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Artemis12

#itmatters

💫

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I fear the #itdoesn't will soon rear it's head.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join