It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SpaceX: Champion to the People? Or another Disinformation muppet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I followed Elon Musk's noble pursuit into the reaches of the void, fairly close with anticipation, over the years. The thought of having civilians embrace the stars and heavens as their playground, presented providence to the populous.

NASA's history of suspicious anecdotes and bottlenecking of information, left me little levity and mirth. Its profane posturing as a "civilian space program", crystallized the agency's position and stance as a faux representative.

The Challenger debacle of the '80's, was scored deep into our psyche, a solemn ode of ward and warning to a civilian's flirtation and tamper to the outer reaches of our atmosphere. Fated ever subservient, to the mercy of our master's severance of scraps. Daunting despair to wayward minds.

Then, like a bolt of lightning, a purveyor of progression, an idealist. A man with enough resource and resolve, to rise above malignant misanthropes and parasite. A man like Elon Musk. A soul worthy to wield torch to travail.

His vision to delegate celestial sovereignty, into the breast of common man, an evident forecast to harrowing hurdles at hand. The Air Force and DoD didn't make trials timid. Much was at stake. Potential breach of disclosures riddled this embargo. My early predictions and reservations were dim lit, to say the least. How can NASA legitimately maintain prohibition to immutable air rights of navigation off planet and outer atmosphere? No fabrication could withstand the passage of time. How could our nation justify other country's pursuits, and not our own? Well you can't. They had to cave, in light of the age of information.

SpaceX exposed the gross squandering and misappropriation of resources and funds. Easily subverted and desensationalized, in usual adroit fashion. Then the news breaks. SpaceX will provide supplement to resupply runs to NASA peripherals. Innocent enough, no? Except this begins the grooming and innoculation process, to parce prevail. I'm sure the game of tug rope, sleighted noble course and cause.

/NDAsigned

Now, in recent times, this gem surfaces. Audit of investor and branching of focus. SpaceX wants in on the internet provision share, under the auspices of GOOGLE and our beloved FIDELITY inc. This impressario rebuked all hope of redemption.....

This news compelled review of case in whole. Was this devised from inception? Was SpaceX in cahoots with NASA from onset, to shield and repel public scrutiny? Is Elon Musk a corporate shill, a sellout, or a victim of circumstance? I'd be hard pressed to believe he's naive.

What's your thoughts?

/pulpitoff

Link
edit on 12-6-2015 by trifecta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I am not sure I follow your post, why do you think Musk is a shill? From reading the article linked, Musk is freeing us from the grips of corrupt monopolies such as Comcast. He wants to create an internet network based in space, so the entire globe has access.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
he aint in it to lose money that is fer sure...

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: trifecta

What's your thoughts?

NASA was stated to have a noble purpose, to get us into space as we crave (although some cannot recognize that natural instinct). Second, it was an outside boost for missile and technology development in the war of rockets against the USSR. Third, it became an economic tool to keep much of the US scientific R&D afloat along with the supporting industries. Fourth, it was a method to enlighten humans about what lay beyond the mundane aspects of our anthropathic (my word) views about who shared this Universe with us. Fifth, in the mix, and it was a mix of priorities that shifted variously over time, was the attempts--and we must assume that they were driven--to copy the alien technology that literally drives the UFOs.

The result of NASA's mixed heritage is that everyday we are more understanding and complacent with thinking and concepts of what it means for super beings to be out there and, evidently,here.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

...This news compelled review of case in whole. Was this devised from inception? Was SpaceX in cahoots with NASA from onset, to shield and repel public scrutiny? Is Elon Musk a corporate shill, a sellout, or a victim of circumstance? I'd be hard pressed to believe he's naive...

I'm not sure what you mean. SpaceX is a business whose purpose is to make money. Sure, some companies can be a little more socially conscious than others while making that money, but money-making is what they do (or else there would soon be no company).

Secondly, Elon Musk's craft for getting humans into space (the Dragon Crew capsule) is being built because NASA gave SpaceX a contract to do so. It's not like Musk would have spent money to build the capsule unless NASA asked him to (and paid him to). The same goes for Boeing's CST-100 spacecraft.

These were both built under NASA's "Commercial Orbital Transportation Services (or COTS) Program. Under the COTS program, SpaceX was also contracted by NASA to provide unmanned resupply transport services to the ISS. Another company involved in the COTS Program is Orbital Sciences Corporation, but they have so far only contracted with NASA to provide re-supply missions, not crew transport.

edit on 6/12/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: chadderson
I am not sure I follow your post, why do you think Musk is a shill? From reading the article linked, Musk is freeing us from the grips of corrupt monopolies such as Comcast. He wants to create an internet network based in space, so the entire globe has access.

On the surface. I believed the same. It's the infusion of GOOGLE and FIDELITY that smear this white gown. Both of those companies are complicite is data collection, ad absurdum.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: trifecta

It would help if your post was a bit more clear and you told us what your point/thoughts were.

Elon Musk has always been a visionary, but of course he's still trying to make money.

I think his plan for space-based internet service is awesome -- cable companies need more competition, but instead they keep consolidating.

This can provide service to remote areas that aren't "wired."

Way cool.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

...This news compelled review of case in whole. Was this devised from inception? Was SpaceX in cahoots with NASA from onset, to shield and repel public scrutiny? Is Elon Musk a corporate shill, a sellout, or a victim of circumstance? I'd be hard pressed to believe he's naive...

I'm not sure what you mean. SpaceX is a business whose purpose is to make money. Sure, some companies can be a little more socially conscious than others while making that money, but money-making is what they do (or else there would soon be no company).

Secondly, Elon Musk's craft for getting humans into space (the Dragon Crew capsule) is being built because NASA gave SpaceX a contract to do so. It's not like Musk would have spent money to build the capsule unless NASA asked him to (and paid him to). The same goes for Boeing's CST-100 spacecraft.

These were both built under NASA's "Commercial Orbital Transportation Services (or COTS) Program. Under the COTS program, SpaceX was also contracted by NASA to provide unmanned resupply transport services to the ISS. Another company involved in the COTS Program is Orbital Sciences Corporation, but they have so far only contracted with NASA to provide re-supply missions, not crew transport.

I am in agreement of those facts. Money is always the bottom line.

My rant stems from interviews I've read years ago, with Mr. Musk promoting a solvent to enterprise, an agenda and vision that coalesced Man's emancipation of gravity, in effort to kindle the flames of unfettered advancement and vertical momentum, through noble pursuit of science among the stars. His statements back then, had a resonance of challenge, to his timbre, as if aimed to abate binders, reigned by NASA.

This is not direct quote, or even paraphrase, much of my diction is ad lib. I'll have to dig up some of his old soundbytes. Point being, this is a titanic let down for me.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I honestly don't care about the subject at hand.

We have players and we have games that are played.

But that was a well written OP

Star for articulation.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I think the reason is that NASA is a government agency, money to run it comes from the government (OK, ordinary Americans tax dollars) and the con comes with them saying "it's for the American people", which everyone knows it is nothing of the sort.
Now Musk is a diferent bird altogether. He's a business man and very subtle. He tells people what they want to hear "yes you as an ordinary citizen can have a stake in space". Notice the diference? NASA gets what the government (or certain corparations) gives them. Musk has a whole demographic to screw money out of.
But believe me ANY private person or group that can reach and operate in space NASA WILL pull them under their umberella. Easy isn't it. Private enterprise supplies all the R & D and NASA sweeps up the goodies.
As for NASA or Russia or China or ANY government trying to control who can or cannot develope space the middle finger comes into play.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

The R&D for Musk's rockets was being done by Musk in the first place because NASA offered money for him to provide space transport services via NASA's COTS program.

It's not like Musk developed a capsule and launch system unilaterally and then tried to contract with NASA. Musk developed those things because NASA's COTS Program offered money to do so.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elementalist
I honestly don't care about the subject at hand.

We have players and we have games that are played.

But that was a well written OP

Star for articulation.

/tipshat

You should review my reverent and raucous rants I reprise, rhetorically as ATS resident, when on roll. It csn get quite gaudy and ostentatious. Largely gauge-worthy.

Back on topic. To speak to efforts foot by Eastern fronts. China is particular, is experiencing a true labor, in attempt to scry empyreal planes. I was astonishing their charter, resolved in tangible progress. Reunion of the Rabbit, gave window to panoramic and chromatic views, previously censored.

Revelations headlining the Moon's authentic, blachesque patina, vivid skyline, and more controversial divine, a kin to archeo-astronomical anomaly, chronicled therein. Conjured, nebulous myths irrevocably dismissed, due atrophy suffered by previous, disingenuous architect. A bold admission, but not without consequence from Western wiles.

China's transparency resulted in retaliation in form of political slander and implications steered to clandestine warmongering. Future vessel and venture had been branded unscrupulous tread, insisting Chinese crafts and satellites are counter strategem, designed to sabotage American liberties aloft above. A full fledged campaign to libel lunar liason, and beyond, to stymie China's academic progress. Measures taken to jealously guard the esoteric.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People
a reply to: crayzeed

The R&D for Musk's rockets was being done by Musk in the first place because NASA offered money for him to provide space transport services via NASA's COTS program.

It's not like Musk developed a capsule and launch system unilaterally and then tried to contract with NASA. Musk developed those things because NASA's COTS Program offered money to do so.

I don't agree.

Musk's proclivities pointed to bold, forward thinking futurism, an abandonment of archaic vice. Administration of companies under his lord such as Tesla Motors and Paypal, were flirtations against old establishment institutions of energy and finance. These gambles proved worthy, emboldening his next adversarial embark, colonization of Mars. A premier in Russia (npi), prompted NASA to do the preemptive cast, to hook the fish before they flounder.

NASA had no influence, on Musk's queue to task material to mindscape. It was more like a seduction of will.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

NASA had no influence, on Musk's queue to task material to mindscape. It was more like a seduction of will.

If it wasn't for NASA's COTS Program, there would be no Dragon Crew Capsule in development by Musk, and there would be no CST-100 in development by Boeing.

Maybe Musk would have someday developed a spacecraft that could take humans into LEO and beyond. but the reason they are being developed right now is because NASA is paying for them.

edit on 6/14/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

I concur. I believe of difference in proposal lies in semantics. I'm implying that Mr. Musk inherently craved to foster these lofty motives, previous to liason. NASA's entanglement inevitability tempered the incorporeal, made fabric. The problem I suspect is, the cart is leading the horse.

new topics

top topics

join