It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody get the feeling recently that their falling?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Okey, bear with me for a moment. Mods if this isn't the right place for this please feel free to move it.
About ten minutes ago give or take a minute, I was setting at my computer desk at home when I just felt like I'd dropped about a foot. Nothing in my home moved, just that feeling of dropping. I got up and still had that feeling like I was moving in a rocking boat, still nothing else moving. After a couple minutes the feeling past. It was just a really weird feeling. Anyone else experience anything like that or have any idea what might have happened?
I'm here in central NY just outside of New Hartford.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
My guess would be blood pressure or inner ear.

When you hear hoof beats, it's probably horses and not zebras.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: daryllyn
Thanks for the reply. Checked the blood pressure and seems within normal range 118/71 62ish

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Look up Vertigo. For something that sounds so very simple it makes a person that has it very miserable.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
If it happens again, see your primary care physician. It's probably nothing but prompt attention to neurological problems is best addressed quickly.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Last time I felt something like that was when the east coast had a 5.6 earthquake. I felt the same feeling and I actually didn't know what the heck it was like sort of a roll then falling down feeling... then I realized it was a quake check your area maybe you had a tremor or something????

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

If it happens again, see your primary care physician. It's probably nothing but prompt attention to neurological problems is best addressed quickly.

The reason I say this is because it could be a stroke. Even the young can experience strokes.

www.healthline.com...

notice vertigo is a symptom of a ministroke or TIA

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Chance321

"Anybody get the feeling recently that their falling?"

From a financial perspective and the in cress in the price of living i certainly feel like im falling.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Could be considered low, but otherwise fantastic bp

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I was thinking, and it could also be low blood sugar or a side effect of medication.

Have you changed your diet? Had you eaten? Any new medications OR recently discontinued medications?

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: daryllyn
Thanks again. No on the diet change or new meds. Didn't eat yet though.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
LOL!!! Yeah, I know what you mean.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: starlitestarbrite
Thanks for the reply. No earthquakes that I could find for that day, though that afternoon we did have a pretty strong storm with wind and heavy rain. Though that's what it felt like and I thought that's what it was when it happened, till I noticed nothing else was moving. Premonition? (shrug)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Thanks for the reply. Your reply kinda scared me. My father (though he's past on last year) had a major stroke about four years back.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Thanks for the reply, sorry for the late answer. So far this is the first time this had ever happened. Felt fine, wasn't over exerting myself. Like you I'm figuring it's probably nothing.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

OP, you're in a gravity well, you're always falling.

But in all seriousness that definitely sounds like vertigo, get it checked out.
edit on 13-6-2015 by framedragged because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I often get a falling feeling just as I'm falling asleep. This wakes me up instantly. I get a shock in the body. Did it feel like this?

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: mmirror
Yeah, it felt a little like that. Sometimes I get that feeling if I sleep to close to the edge of the bed.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: framedragged
LOL. Yup, those nasty gravity wells. I don't know, I could understand the vertigo part if it happened more often, but this was the only time it happened.
Haven't worked little if any overtime, so sleeping regular, no change in diet, no new meds, actually no meds at all.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Before I say anything Ill let you know im right oustside Edwards air force base which could explain but I have had a similar feeling except I wasn't falling , but my skin was shivering and it was so very subtle that I couldn't see movement. I say skin because it wasn't anywhere else I could feel just the surface of my skin. Its only happened a couple of times so i was alerted but not concerned

top topics

join