It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American Flag is the flag of The East India Company

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

OMH! Can you believe it, it wasn't a completely original design!? How dare anyone be influenced by anything!

Ok, end of my sarcastic rant. Good post, but unsure of what exactly you're "accusing".

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boomorangatangarang
East India Company was the African slave trade.

Portugal and Britain were the two most ‘ successful ’ slave - trading countries accounting for about 7 0% of all Africans transported to the Americas. Britain was the most dominant between 1640 and 1807 when the British slave trade was abolish ed. I t is estimated that Britain transported 3.1 million Africans (of whom 2.7 million arrived) to the British colon ies in the Caribbean, North and South America and to other countries.

Was the EIC filling a vaccuum in the slave-trade or was it calculated maneuverings with nefarious intent?

Check out some of the state flags.

AL and FL are similar to the British flag, but red and white.

MS and Hawaii especially is identicle to the old EIC flags.

Hawaii's flag is a relic from its time as a British colony, it didnt join the union until the 20th century. Yes it has a similarity, and the roots of all British colonial flags are related to British naval flags; which are related to EIC flag... but the direct correlation between EIC and the Hawaiian flag does not exist as far as I know? (Cpt. Cook sailed for the crown and not EIC if memory serves me correct??).

Since I have bought up flags of former British colonies, there is one that we do need to look: Malaysia. The Malaysian flag is descended from the EIC flag and most Malaysians will tell you this. Its 13 horizontal stripes of red and white on the fly are directly pulled from the EIC flag, its crescent moon and star in the canton to symbolise the muslim people who live there.

Who remembers those old movies where sailors were always depicted in shirts with horizontal stripes? well the EIC uniform was shirts like this... VOC has similar shirts with different colour stripes...

History is a pirate movie

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
a reply to: SlapMonkey

There indeed is a connection.

I have illustrated, in our more recent history (from the 18 century onwards) the connection between the House of Hanover (The Holy Roman Empire) and Great Britain, and of course, Great Britain to the United States, here and in this

.. and as I pointed out, the red and white stripes were being used as early as 976 AD by Herzog Leopold I of Austria (The Holy Roman Empire).

If you want to go back even further, and know the connection to Greece, basically the whole of Western civilization including Greece, can be traced back to the early Phoenicians (Canaanites), the first world-around traders.

And barber shops use a red and white post...it has nothing to do with the Holy Roman Empire.

I'm not denying a possible connection--hell, it'd be asinine not to use something in existence that works well if minor changes will make it their own (not to mention it's a kick to England's junk to take a flag, and remove their national indicator and replace it with our new one). My point is that I don't think that there's some conspiracy like you seem to be implying.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

My understanding on the flag is this: The stripes, all 13 represent the original colonies. The stars on a field of blue represent each state. Even the colors have a significance. The red represents blood. White represents Honor and blue represents Valor.

Back when the country was first set up and the flag chosen, the country needed to appeal to many of the other European powers. Without the help of France and even Spain, the colonies would not have been able to beat the British.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Boomorangatangarang

Many Americans probably believe 'Red, White and Blue' originated in America.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

originally posted by: Dfairlite

Good post, but unsure of what exactly you're "accusing".

What makes you think I am accusing?

I am saying look at here! check it out ...and such and such is the case, and listen to the story or Buckminster Fuller -

"is important to note that, while the British Empire as a world government lost the American Revolution, the power structure behind it did not lose the war. ... While the British government lost the 1776 war, the East India Company's owners who constituted the invisible power structure behind the British government not only did not lose but moved right into the new U.S.A. economy along with the latter's most powerful landowners. ... The supreme leaders of the American Revolution were of the southern type—George Washington and Thomas Jefferson. Both were great landowners with direct royal grants for their lands, in contradistinction to the relatively meager individual landholdings of the individual northern Puritan colonists."

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: slapmonkey

originally posted by: slapmonkey
My point is that I don't think that there's some conspiracy like you seem to be implying.

If this topic were a conspiracy, I would have placed it in the conspiracy forum.

Everything is done out in the open, but most people are too dull and proud to discern anything.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

originally posted by: sdcigarpig

My understanding on the flag is this: The stripes, all 13 represent the original colonies. ...the colonies would not have been able to beat the British.

One of the points of this post is that the thirteen red and white horizontal stripes already existed in 1600 way before there were 13 colonies.

"Commissioned in 1970 by the Indian government to design new airports in Bombay, New Delhi, and Madras, I was visiting the grand palace of the British fortress in Madras, where the English first established themselves in India in 1600. There I saw a picture of Queen Elizabeth I and the flag of the East India Company of 1600 a.d., with its thirteen red and white horizontal stripes" - B. Fuller

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Its so funny how some people do not see any connection. Its not like hidden history.

I circled some of the symbolism at the bottom of this image to make the associations.

Leopold V, Duke of Austria, 1177 AD

Namely, take note of - 1) the dragon/lion looking thing, 2) the eagle/phoenix looking thing, 3) the red and white flag (currently, flag of Austria), and 4) the symbol which the French call "fleur-de-lis" and associate them with the flags/standards below.

---

Flag of Austria

The Royal Standard, used by Queen Elizabeth II in England, Wales and Northern Ireland (used since 1837)

Standard of the Prince of Wales, used only in Wales

The Flag of New South Wales

Standard of the President of Germany

Great Seal of the United States

German National flag with coat of arms

Charlemagne

King Louis X of France

King Louis XIV of France

... the above symbolism and Saint George's cross, pretty much covers the entirety of Europe - Flags of the World. (There are many pages by clicking the index on the bottom.)

Saint George, 1472, by Carlo Crivelli
Supposedly from 280 AD, Lydda, Syria Palaestina, Roman Empire

St George's Cross on the flag of England

The Flag of Georgia in the Caucasus region
edit on 16-6-2015 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Except that usually the East India Company's flag is usually has St. George's cross in it. There are many flags that resemble each other around the world. Mexico and Italy have flags that are very similar in nature. The Flag of Chile and the Texas State Flag look exactly the same as well. But if one looks at the meanings of the flags, there is where the difference is.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat

Saint George, 1472, by Carlo Crivelli
Supposedly born 280 AD, Lydda, Syria Palaestina, Roman Empire

I think that this means that St. George was a barber.

No one is denying links to symbolism, but if you really want to delve deeper into symbolism, realize that the red-on-white cross did not originate with St. George, but was associated with him many years after he rose to fame in the crusades. Prior to that, it was more closely associated with the Knights Templar, who existed before St. George. Before that, I don't really care to research, although I have my suspicions.

Symbolism is everywhere--I know, because my trade as a graphic designer and my interest in logo design makes me understand symbolism more than most. Countries around the world have flags and symbols that share meaning and have common origins. So do religions. So do governments. So do ideologies.

I guess my point is, if you just mean this thread to be about the links between flags, then that's fine and no one is really disputing that, but you implied in your OP that there was some sort of conspiracy about it (your quote talks about the EIC's flag being used, and how the EIC had a strong financial foothold in the new America...then you ask about the connections from the Holy Roman Church through America).

You have been given plenty of examples as to how borrowing and sharing in order to retain history exists throughout the world and their flags. You have even been shown that we basically used the EIC's flag as the Grand Union Flag to represent our nation early on (unofficially). If you're not trying to prove something deeper than just the point that the U.S. Flag borrows from other flags, which borrow from other flags, and so on, then why are you continuing to argue with people?

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Who is arguing?

I am only presenting information, make of it what you will.

And I do believe btw that the symbolism is not just borrowed, because it looks cool or something like that.

I have already presented the evidence on an actual continuous ruling structure continued from the Holy Roman Empire to the United States of today; and B. Fuller's comment on how Great Britain and East India company never lost any foothold of the US, even after the American Revolution. ..these are just stories to me. Make of it what you will. You want to call it a conspiracy? I guess everything is a conspiracy when groups of people work to make things happen. They happen everyday. There is nothing special about them.
edit on 16-6-2015 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I can confirm that your approach to the thread replies is not argumentative. You are presenting compelling pieces of information as an alternative to the status quo establishment history-story. And you get serious props from me for using R. Buckminster Fuller as a primary reference point.

There is so much context behind the symbols of the ancient elite oligarchy class, to the present day multi-national corporation/banking attitude of activity, its almost futile to attempt to decipher. My only frame of reference in regard to symbols is Joseph Campbell/Carl Jung/Rudolf Steiner.

In that painting of Saint George, the dragon is not dead, but merely subdued despite having the lance-tip broken off through it's head. The red and white lance may represent the general will of the elite, or rather the means by which the will is carried out. Broken off and sticking through the head of the lowly dragon/serpent/belly-crawler, the tip of the lance in this position may indicate something to the effect of "We conquerd you, and instead of annihilation, you will continue to rule as our puppet."

Pure speculation, mind you.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals I will now consult the book for thy holy hand grenade....the number of the counting shall be three....not four ....or two.....five is right out.....

edit on 16-6-2015 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

edit on 16-6-2015 by GBP/JPY because: yessirrr

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Perhaps the nature of the symbols in flag banners is not so much pointing to any one nation, such as Great Britain, or a dark and shady East India Company.

I do find it quite plausible that many of the flags and banners which have ever flown contain symbolism that represent facets of the secret ruling elite manipulators. These guys are usually quite occult, having their puppets perform dark rituals for blackmail and I can only speculate why else.

It fits the MO of our "hypothetical" Illuminati, or whatever its called in real life, to operate out in the open in plain sight where everyone can see their activities, but so confident the sleeping masses will remain ignorant and apathetic.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Boomorangatangarang

Oh yeah, I forgot this one -

Morals and Dogma of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry

Scottish Rite

The Double Headed Eagle of Lagash

The Quaterion Eagle of the Holy Roman Empire, c. 1510

The oldest known version of this is Sumerian, supposedly from the ancient Sumerian city of Lagash.

----

From my studies, I suspect the world power structure originated in the Sumerian civilization, later developing into descendent civilizations - the Hittites, Babylonians, Phoenicians/Canaanites, Etruscan, Greek, Roman, Byzantine, Holy Roman Empire -> Austria, Germany, Portugal, Spain, France, England, Great Britain, Scotland, Russia, United States, etc.

I suspect there are common organizations having a hand in the influence of many 'nations'. Of course I don't know anything for sure.

Whether there exist continuous dynasties from Sumerian times or even Canaanite/Phoenician times, well who knows. But I think we can say for certain that there is a culture that has existed continuously, unbroken, from Sumerian and Canaanite/Phoenician times.

I think the greatest evidence for this continuous culture comes from the study of language.

Basically, all western languages originated from Phoenician.

phoenicia.org...

"Phoenician is a Semitic language of the Canaanite subgroup; its closest living relative is its sister language Hebrew, to which it is very similar." - Phoenician language

edit on 17-6-2015 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I'm sorry, this post should be its own thread.

I just found out that this thread is an exercise in what is called vexillology.

Thank you so much for that language chart. Its a great perspective-builder. I remember in "Critical Path" where Fuller used his dymaxian world map to illustrate the by-300 B.C. circumnavigation of the Phoenicians. They may have been the first civilization to experience the "one small world" perspective and realized the potential for exploitation.

Now, that double-headed eagle is very interesting to me with it's orgin in the Summerian myth. It is also in the Hindu mythology, but the meaning contrasts from its western counterpart due to the Occidental/Oriental mythological dichotomy.

That stone carving you posted is a Summerian King's representation of Anzu, part lion-part eagle, who steals the tablets of fate which magnifies the powers of whomever weilds it. Ninurta, the god of hunting and war and weaponry, kills the beast and returns the tablets of fate to the chief god(Marduk?).
Very Promethean.
Caanan's Attar, the morning star, makes an attempt on the death throne of Baal.
The fall of Arch Angel Lucifer.
Exile from the Garden of Eden.
The Fall and Corruption of Man.

Do you see where this symbol is deriving power?

This is another Summerian representation of Azure;

Notice the two lions. Its the same meaning as the two heads. These are precursor symbols of the Greek Sphinx, a demon of destruction and bloodshed, kills people who can't answer its riddles(how about that Monty Python reference WHAT WHAT), and is associated with Oedipus.

Greek spinx are female and so differs from the Egyptian sphinx, which is male and a favorable spirit. Egyptians positioned sphinx statues guarding an entrance. They are Guardians of the Threshold. They look scary, but they want you to shed your fear in order for you to enter in a purified state.

It would be unusual to see sphinxes guarding an entrance in Greece, because the symbol pointed to something very dark for them.

Now, look at this Scottish Rite Temple in my hometown downtown Mobile, Alabama.

The busty sphinxes favored by the Masons are styled with Egyptian adornments. But they are female, and follow the traditional lineage of the Occidental mythology of the Freemasons.

The Freemason guildmasters have hijacked the Egyptian sphinx and are subjecting unwitting populations to sordid symbology.

So a very common piece of Freemason architecture is a blatant reference to a malevolent force.

These are all Archetypes of the Subconscious embedded in our biological profile. They have very powerful effects on the human psyche.

The shadow elite seems to historically favor manipulating mythological symbols for the purpose of implanting suggestive impulses within the psyche of the masses.

The Nazi swastica makes so much sense now.
edit on 17-6-2015 by Boomorangatangarang because: premature submission

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Why would the East India Company have dealings with the America's? The EIC only dealt with trade to the Far East and had no involvement with the America's at all...

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Why would the East India Company have dealings with the America's? The EIC only dealt with trade to the Far East and had no involvement with the America's at all..

You're wrong. They did.

The Boston Tea Party

Hancock organized a boycott of tea from China sold by the British East India Company, whose sales in the colonies then fell from by a factor of nearly 1,000, from 320,000 pounds (145,000 kg) to 520 pounds (240 kg) annually. By 1773, the company had large debts, huge stocks of tea in its warehouses and no prospect of selling it because smugglers were importing tea without paying import taxes. The British government passed the Tea Act, which allowed the East India Company to sell tea to the colonies directly, thereby allowing them to sell for lower prices than those offered by the colonial merchants and smugglers

www.newworldencyclopedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join