It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miami cop kills homeless man in park in front of dozens of kids

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

No problem, its easy done, i hate when vids wont buffer properly.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Truth. I got up to the hosts talking about backup arriving but no further. Assumed it was all one clip.

Assumptions and such

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Second, does this not come into play at all? From your own link:

Why should his past matter in this incident? Are you saying the officer knew he had violent convictions in the past and that's why he shot him?

Even if that's the case, it shouldn't matter. What matters is this particular incident and how the officer and the homeless man acted in this instance. If the homeless man wasn't threatening at all, then his past shouldn't matter, and the officer is in the wrong. If the homeless man was truly threatening and had a weapon that could have seriously injured or worse to the officer, then the officer was in the right.

I agree that we don't know enough in this case, however. The man's past isn't a factor, this particular incident was all that matters.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Instead of training officers to use a tasar, why not train them in how to deal with threatening persons in a non-confrontational way, as well as how to assess a situation and determine accurately whether the public are at serious risk of being injured or killed?

I am so glad most police dont carry guns in Britain.

(as a former publican, I know I could have handled the situation - given the information available - in a very different way! I might have bought him a coffee afterwards..... But I accept we may not have all the pertinent facts)

Meantime, just as contrast, a recent story from here:

www.itv.com...

No all police are b*stards

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Nibbles

Yes....if someone attacks you, either as a citizen or LEO, you have the right to defend yourself. Lethal force is one of the manners to do so.

It doesn't matter if there are 100 cops. Why does the LEO have to get injured at the hands of someone in this scenario?

Very simple. Don't want the possibility of getting shot??? Don't attack people, pipe or no pipe.

I personally have no qualms of shooting someone in self defense if they only have their hands. I value my life and health too much to go fists to fists with people anymore.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge
Come on America, FIGHT BACK FFS !!!!

Im sick to the teeth of reading this EVERY day.

DO SOMETHING !!!!

The land of the free? JOKE

The land of the police state more like.

The police are a legal gang doing as they please. MURDERING innocent civilians.

DO SOMETHING DO SOMETHING FIGHT BACK

they'll execute a man on sight for eating bread in an alleyway- how far do you think any individual or small group fighting back is going to get?

There is no way to fight them at a small scale. The ONLY thing that could be done is to de-fund them, and this is a country that will cut funding from education to give it to the military. Good luck cutting funding to the local citizen harassment squads.

Lately around here, we're seeing groups of 2-3 officers on foot just walking around all day downtown, in addition to the large number of sqad cars. The police to citizen ratio in the city is out of hand- and they will react violenty at the drop of a hat.
Freedom is gone, here, and fighting for it will get you executed on sight.
What do you do?

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

I personally would of disarmed him without using any weapons. Then again, I'm trained in Jeet Kune Do. I have witnessed 'Door Men" disarm guys coming at them with more than just a metal bar without such martial arts training. Shucks, I have witnessed average people deal with those situations without having to murder a fellow human being.

I believe the American police force is poorly trained and possess very little aptitude for learning/ intellect. Frankly, I believe they are simply anxiety ridden brain washed indoctrinated " "characters" who have no conscious. They act like scared little children who thought they would only be handing out traffic tickets when they joined or something.

What you have in America are people between the ages of 21 - 45 y/o who grew up playing violent video games such as "Halo and Grand Theft Auto" now projecting that mentality into the real world as they perform their duties as police officers.

Either that, or the masses are being socially engineered to "rise up".

A 12 year old boy playing with a toy gun in a park all alone had bullets pumped into the middle of his face not too long ago. Shoot first; ask questions later.

Name one other first world nation where this is an reoccurring societal issue. Do you believe police in other nations do not encounter similar predicaments?

Well, they do.

What would you do to "fight back"?

The wording in your question speaks volumes about your thought process concerning this particular incident. It wreaks of a socially engineered mindset.

Fight back?

There was a fight? An attack of some sort here? Like, "He came at them, bro"? kind of thing...

What happened here is a clear case of poor training combined with poor intellect and cowardice.

Bloody hell, the guy was holding a metal pipe, not an unlocked assault rifle.

American police (not all!) - the ones who continue to display fear through mindless killings/abuse of people; pets; and damaging of property - are pansies.

I bet if you gave the American police force educational testing most would fail grade.9 level of standard testing.

In this world, including the business world, psychology trumps everything else.

These fools (only the ones who act barbaric) lack critical thinking/decision skills which unfortunately results in human beings becoming critical....

Again: Do you believe only American police face dangerous situations....?

Let it marinate.

edit on 12-6-2015 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Meh... Too busy watching cat videos and reality TV. I have to be able to keep up with the conversation at work. Maybe later though.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

Come on America, FIGHT BACK FFS !!!!

Im sick to the teeth of reading this EVERY day.

DO SOMETHING !!!!

The land of the free? JOKE

The land of the police state more like.

The police are a legal gang doing as they please. MURDERING innocent civilians.

they'll execute a man on sight for eating bread in an alleyway- how far do you think any individual or small group fighting back is going to get?

There is no way to fight them at a small scale. The ONLY thing that could be done is to de-fund them, and this is a country that will cut funding from education to give it to the military. Good luck cutting funding to the local citizen harassment squads.

Lately around here, we're seeing groups of 2-3 officers on foot just walking around all day downtown, in addition to the large number of sqad cars. The police to citizen ratio in the city is out of hand- and they will react violenty at the drop of a hat.
Freedom is gone, here, and fighting for it will get you executed on sight.
What do you do?

Easy: Let the gestapo runneth over. You've done nothing wrong thus have nothing to worry about! After all it's more convenient to train with legal force intentions whether it be tazing to death or shooting.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

Tasers aren't used against an armed person. Why is this something that people ignore every-time an incident happens?

Because it's not true? Cops do use tasers against anyone that isn't armed with a gun because there is no need. I watched cops tase a guy that was armed with a sword. Guns should only be used when the other person has a gun there is no need to use a gun against a person who doesn't have one especially when they outnumber him.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Please, go call around and check with LE agencies.
The use of force policies are clear, and dictate as a whole that TASERs aren't to be used on people that are armed.

Just because supposedly saw a LEO use one against someone with a sword doesn't mean it is approved, correct or suggested.

It also goes towards "did the LEO feel threatened".

The armchair LE people here are getting out of hand.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pimpish
Why should his past matter in this incident? Are you saying the officer knew he had violent convictions in the past and that's why he shot him?

Even if that's the case, it shouldn't matter. What matters is this particular incident and how the officer and the homeless man acted in this instance. If the homeless man wasn't threatening at all, then his past shouldn't matter, and the officer is in the wrong. If the homeless man was truly threatening and had a weapon that could have seriously injured or worse to the officer, then the officer was in the right.

I agree that we don't know enough in this case, however. The man's past isn't a factor, this particular incident was all that matters.

Peoples' pasts are always a factor--hell, that's why you hear some people considered to be "armed and dangerous," because of something that they previously did. That's why detectives keep an eye on individuals who are suspected or convicted of multiple crimes in the past--they're almost always going to do it again, until they get caught (and even then, still do it again and again).

My point was that if this man had a record and history of violent behavior and assault, then it's asinine and piss-poor judgment to discard that information and assume he is a peaceful, benign individual until he starts to assault you. LEOs and people in similar positions are trained to read body language, actions, subtle movements, etc., in order to understand if someone is a danger to them--that person's past should also be a consideration, as it is an indicator of likelihood.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: macman
a reply to: Nibbles

Yes....if someone attacks you, either as a citizen or LEO, you have the right to defend yourself. Lethal force is one of the manners to do so.

It doesn't matter if there are 100 cops. Why does the LEO have to get injured at the hands of someone in this scenario?

Very simple. Don't want the possibility of getting shot??? Don't attack people, pipe or no pipe.

I personally have no qualms of shooting someone in self defense if they only have their hands. I value my life and health too much to go fists to fists with people anymore.

I understand and respect your point of view Mac.

However, and the question I ask myself is the following.

Ok, I can understand that the USA is a humongous country and that the statistics concerning LEO fatal shooting incidents may be higher compared to other countries such as the UK, France, Spain, Australia etc etc...

BUT... and a BIG but, how come when you compare the USA to all other countries (apart from war zones) other countries police forces seem to manage quite well (with the rare exception) with this type situation without having to resort to killing the perpetrator?

I wish I could find a general statistics chart or site in order to put the whole of the EU or any other continent together for example and compare it to fatal shooting incidents involving the Law enforcment community in the USA. I am sure that many people would stop and have another think!

Kindest respects

Nibs

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Seven shots , ?
five shots ?
WTF ????

In the Wild West ,
ONE shot .... in the air ,
wakes most people up to the imminent possibility
that they need to modify their behaviour , or risk arrest .
Anything else is wanton thuggery,
and truly pathetic.

Not even James Bond pulls crap like that ... ever!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join