It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Have Been Walked Away From

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
You may have been walked away from, but you will NEVER WALK ALONE.

Many of us on this forum know that you are an intelligent, kind and reasonable person whose friendship would be viewed as nothing short of a treasured privilege.

You really can't please everyone and there is no use trying.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

I would like to take a moment to second every single sentiment of what you have just posted. Hear, hear!

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Oh my goodness, if not for the "too United Nations" comment, I'd swear you are talking about my sister in law! She has a nasty track record of "breaking up" with her friends because of things like this.

Love one another is the second great commandment. And while she says she will always care about you, I don't consider walking away (more like sneaking away) like that to be showing true love.

And not that it matters much, but I think your beliefs are much more aligned with a loving God than her ideas. I know millions disagree with me, but take it for what it's worth.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: caladonea

1:19 in the morning? Are you sure this wasn't just a random drunk dial from her and she'll forget all about it the next day?

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Too bad for her, I've lost a handful of conservative friends over the years... always their choice. Some people just can't handle life outside their echo chamber.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Sorry for the loss of your friend, but it sounds like her mind is closing while yours is opening.

Perhaps she will change her mind later on, but maybe not, you never know.

That is an unusual kind of sting when someone lets your friendship go due to belief systems.
It has happened to me a couple of times, but I learned in the long run that people eventually come to their senses once they realize how cool of a friend they lost.

I hope this is the case with you.
What an annoying reason to lose a friend!

Closed mindedness sucks.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

You'll be alright.

You're 1 in a million...
They're a dime a dozen...

Only one person losing out and it ain't you.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I don't really have anything to add.
Losing a long time friend CAN be like mourning the death of a loved one. You will heal in time.
It's of note that you were able to remain friends even though HER opinions differed from YOURS.
So unfair of her!
My S.O. and I don't like the exact SAME things or BELIEVE the same way on ALL issues....
That's wonderful, how boring would it be if we were exactly alike?!

You WILL feel better about this, not today, but someday...

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.
But you will always have the memories and all you learned from each other in the time you did have together, and you even learned in your parting. That's bittersweet I know, but I find it's just easier to forgive, still care, and move on.

The only person besides yourself - who truly has your back - is family. In the real world. Everyone else - is a gamble with your heart and sometimes your mind...

CdT

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

No...it was not a random drunk dial. One of the things she is upset at me about is that...you know the (Wells Fargo) commercial where 2 women in a relationship are using sign language and they are adopting an older foster girl who signs too...I told her I felt the commercial was heartfelt and sent a beautiful message of love and caring.

She thinks I am horrible for thinking that...and she is on Billy Graham's son's side who pulled all his church's money out of the Wells Fargo bank because of that commercial.

Since the 1:19 a.m. message I have had two more message's left by her saying she thinks I am horrible for supporting and liking that TV commercial.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Thank you for your kind words...they are a comfort to read. I laid back down for a while and then got up and checked my messages...and there were 2 more from her...one worse than the next.

Read my reply to (Krazyshot) and you will know what they were about.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
A Big hug and thank you to everyone who has responded to this thread. You all have helped and encouraged me...I am grateful.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
What kind of friend would let conservative ideology get in the way of a true friendship?

Doesn't sound like much of a friend. It's a blessing in disguise as you mentioned.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
First, sorry I didn't mean to offend or anything with that first post, it was just the first thing that popped in my head upon seeing the timestamp of the message.

originally posted by: caladonea
a reply to: Krazysh0t

No...it was not a random drunk dial. One of the things she is upset at me about is that...you know the (Wells Fargo) commercial where 2 women in a relationship are using sign language and they are adopting an older foster girl who signs too...I told her I felt the commercial was heartfelt and sent a beautiful message of love and caring.

I don't watch a lot of television, so I'm unaware of that one, but it does sound nice.

She thinks I am horrible for thinking that...and she is on Billy Graham's son's side who pulled all his church's money out of the Wells Fargo bank because of that commercial.

Well that is certainly her opinion to have, as misguided as it may be...

Since the 1:19 a.m. message I have had two more message's left by her saying she thinks I am horrible for supporting and liking that TV commercial.

I'm sorry for your loss, but if she is going to take your original message so seriously that she needs to end the friendship, then she isn't a friend worth having anyways. She violated a BIG taboo in the world of relationships. Don't let politics or religion get in the way of it.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
People have already said what I would have said. I just want you to know that I am yet another who is in your corner with support and love. A 'real' friend would never have abandoned you for the reasons she has.

We love you for being you.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

If I walked away from everyone who believed differently than myself, I'd be without a wife and have absolutely no friends.

Sorry that your friend had such issues. But it's not on you.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Send her a text back with these exact words "he who is without sin cast the first stone", "hypocrite".

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

This is about her and not you.

She has personal goals that she needs to pursue and sometimes to change you need to clean up your life and start a lot of things over. It is hard, but she is doing what she needs to do and you need to do what you need to do. Don't begrudge her the opportunity to start over. Life is hard and sometimes we need to change what we are doing and who we are doing it with in order to live a life that is more in line with our beliefs and morals.

She may eventually find that she made a mistake and want you back in her life. Be ready to be a true friend and welcome her back if that is what YOU want.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: caladonea
What say you ATS?

People come and people go. She wants to take her life to go in a different direction. So let her. I've detached myself from everyone except my husband and daughter. I've found that people play too many head games. I can't be bothered with it. It takes too much energy. I'd just say 'whatever' and move on ... and shake the dust from your shoes at the same time. (since you asked)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
What kind of friend would let conservative ideology get in the way of a true friendship?

The same kind that would let liberal ideology (or any kind of ideology) get in the way of true friendship - a very intensely indoctrinated person.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join