It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Have Been Walked Away From

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Hello ATS...moral support call here...

Ok...I have been friends with Elizabeth for 5 years...we were best friends until 1:19am this morning...when she left a telephone message saying she will always care about me...but she is ending the friendship because she thinks I am too liberal and United Nations.

She thinks that if everyone does not believe in Christ exactly the way she does...and if you are not heterosexual you are going to hell.

I believe that God cares about everyone...and that there are in every walk of life...people who are spiritual and good people...who when they pass away from this life...will move on to a better place.

I accept humanity with open arms and many hugs...yes I know there is true evil in this world...but there is a lot of good too.

I am feeling at the moment abandoned and sad.

What say you ATS?

edit on 2015-06-12T04:25:16-05:00amFridayam1220156America/Chicagoam by caladonea because: edit

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: caladonea

sorry that you're sad, but it really is her loss. she clearly only wants "friends that completely agree with her", which means she's not prepared for you to be yourself. you're better off without her and finding better friends

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Maybe she just want to eat some pizza and drink some beers but every time she is with you, you only talk about politics and cant stand you anymore?

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyteeny

Thank you for your support...I have to accept her decision and walk away...and continue to connect with other people.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
Maybe she just want to eat some pizza and drink some beers but every time she is with you, you only talk about politics and cant stand you anymore?

She eats pizza but does not drink...as for politics I only talk about them every now and then.

The reason she walked away from me is because I do not believe exactly as she does spiritually.

edit on 2015-06-12T04:39:20-05:00amFridayam1220156America/Chicagoam by caladonea because: (no reason given)

edit on 2015-06-12T04:45:59-05:00amFridayam1220156America/Chicagoam by caladonea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Fair enough. Her loss. That'd be my approach. Keep calm and carry on.

Celebrate that people are free to make decisions no matter how irrational and illogical, and don't give her the pleasure of you pursuing. People converge and diverge all the time. I have lost count of friends that have been dropped along the way, but see it just as the linear progression through life. That's what you should do, no matter how hard.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   

but she is ending the friendship because she thinks I am too liberal and United Nations.

If she's ending your friendship because of that then you have to ask yourself if she was really a friend or just an acquaintance , friends stand by each other regardless of belief or opinion.

You shouldn't feel sorry for yourself but for her , she has lost you as a friend.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Thank you for your encouragement and advice; I have chosen not to fall to pieces and to carry on and seek out some new friends.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Caladonea,

You know you are awesome, we know you are awesome. Your acquaintance has proven that her wisdom is of a lesser scale than her zealotry, and that is sad, but for you? You are better off without those who would seek to distance themselves from you based on their deluded high self opinion, mixed with a xenophobic tendency to dislike people who differ from them in a particular way.

You are worth better than that, and I am sorry to hear that you have been so poorly treated.
edit on 12-6-2015 by TrueBrit because: Spelling error removed.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   
It's sad that a belief in an all loving God can turn her away from you as a best friend. There's not much you can do about that.
"Too United Nations"well I've never heard that one before. Sad though. I wouldn't worry, probably best rid

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Thank you for your support...I like what you have said to me... you are right...I just may be better off in the long run distanced from someone who is so narrow minded.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

As I sit here typing this...I am thinking...this may turn out to be in the long run a blessing in disguise. Thank you for your support.

edit on 2015-06-12T05:02:45-05:00amFridayam1220156America/Chicagoam by caladonea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I believe that too...that true friends stand by each other regardless of opinions or beliefs...that is what I have done for her and what she cannot do for me.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Your pal is a moron, your well shot of her. If the lady in question every does come to her senses im sure she will apologize for her overly homophobic christian belief system.

Don't let this get you down. Takes all sorts to make up this world!

edit on 12-6-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

You made me laugh with the (moron) comment.

She ended the friendship...and once something is ended...for me it is ended...I don't go back for more...so the person can abandon me again in the future.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   

To do so by voicemail/answer phone message is cowardice in itself. You would think that given your 5 year friendship you would at-least warrant face to face conversation regarding any problems the lady has with said friendship.

Personally i think that's the least you deserved. I would not worry about it buddy you're obviously a better person than the lady in question. You certainly retain the moral high ground and going by your initial post your moral values also seem to be rather elevated over your friends.
edit on 12-6-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   

You bring up a very good point...she did end the friendship and did it with leaving a message on my voice mail...not even a cup of coffee for a person to person conversation; yes I agree with you...I at least deserved that!

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Gee, that's nice, what a you know what.

Don't feel abandoned or responsible, consider it a blessing that you didn't have to send her away yourself.

I think you are better off without someone like that.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Why five years down the track?
Has she joined a new church? ( sect )

What brought this on after so long as friends? Have you changed?

So many questions lol !!

Plenty of others out there to fill the void ... as long as she is OK.

Chin up - stuff happens, although I do hope you find the real reason.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: caladonea

You bring up a very good point...she did end the friendship and did it with leaving a message on my voice mail...not even a cup of coffee for a person to person conversation; yes I agree with you...I at least deserved that!

She doesn't deserve it though

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, take a deep breath and carry on marching!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join