It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Do we Know we Don't Know???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Let us behold, embrace the unknown frontier (of 'our world'). Surely endless astrophysical stuff could run this forever, but I'm more concerned about stuff in 'our world'. There's so much we don't know, truly know, the things that await discovery... where is the road map of looming discoveries? Lets make one! What are our known limitations? What discoveries do we know we are after; what things can we almost smell, but have yet to actually hope to taste? Where do we go from here, Magellan? What is this exotic we are staring blindly to see, about to trip over? Perhaps most importantly, in issues of advocacy what flaws are behind the mechanisms we cite? If the Einstein's of this era are to take on the deep end, and show us the way, its time the uncharted territories are made clear. We must have quick reference diagrams to these closed doors, if we are to ever efficiently get around to kicking them open.

WHAT DO WE KNOW WE DONT KNOW???

All manner; all realms of science and contemplative er concrete er contemplative expeditionary understanding are on the table now. Stand your ground you think you're standing upon, so that we may all step off of it.

EXHIBIT A:
FLORIGEN
Or What exact chemical process makes plants flower?

Florigen (or flowering hormone) is the hypothesized hormone-like molecule responsible for controlling and/or triggering flowering in plants. Florigen is produced in the leaves, and acts in the shoot apical meristem of buds and growing tips. It is known to be graft-transmissible, and even functions between species. However, despite having been sought since the 1930s, the exact nature of florigen is still a mystery.
en.wikipedia.org...

EXHIBIT B:
OUR OCEANS
We know more about the moon than our own oceans??
The last time I heard that was the case (a key system massively related to our climate super-system). Might that be true (this claim has been 'annoying' me for a while [not knowing if true])?

Oh, so many directions could go here, but figure that initial off the waller might set the tone right...
edit on 12-6-2015 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Only that there are some things we know we dont know. We only know what the things are we dont know when we have learned what it is we dont know. only them do we know what they are.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I unnerstand we still don't understand photosynthesis. I read years ago that if we could figure that out we could produce all kinds of fake foods. (which we're kind of doing now, I know.)

*When will next supervolcano hit? Which one? Yellowstone? Toba?
Is there something we can do to minimize the damage?

*Exactly what makes hurricanes, and how do they track?

*Will we ever be able to predict earthquakes?

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Thanks for bringing florigen to my attention, had never heard of it before.
I think the list of things we know we don't know is so vast that they might just be as many as the things we do know.

With discoveries of ancient artefacts constantly rewriting our origins further back will we ever find out with 100% certainty when we became who we are?

What exactly is consciousness and how does it relate to physical matter and the invisible/energetic/vibrational field that permeates the universe? And is there really a line that separates it all?

Is the perfect society or utopia really possible in this realm? No more hatred between fellow men and women, forgiveness, complete compassion and equal opportunities given to all, the sole currency being love?

Why does a sandwich taste better when made with love?
What is love?

Why did the chicken cross the road, really?

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Why did the chicken cross the road? what chicken? which road? perhaps it was a cockerel? old, or young chicken? (or cockerel?).
Simple questions are not, really.

new topics

top topics

join