It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shemitah Year, Blood Moons, Jubilee, and Feast Days.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

Read the verses the way I grouped them together. They all form complete ideas.
Vs 1-2 Intro and destruction of Temple. (Opening decree).
Vs 3 Disciples ask when and what signs to watch for. (the interrogative response from disciples)
Vs 4-6 Jesus says not to be frightened or mislead during the coming struggle. (warning before the answer).
Vs7-11 Jesus reveals the specific trends and signs. (summarized answer to set the stage for the rest of the chapter).
Vs 12-14 Jesus tells why they will happen and until when: because of lawlessness and until the gospel has reached all nations. (closing decree).

Its like following a script. You look for complete ideas and follow the flow of the conversation. In the case of metered text, each idea is neatly packaged in multiples of 7. Its really not that rare. Metering was common in ancient poetry, but the Bible only used multiples of 7, and you can track hisory with it.

edit on 13-6-2015 by BELIEVERpriest because: typo

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

From my research the metering was simply to make remembering oral tradition easier and also to "proof read" it of some sort. Got a reliable jewish source that mentions it as a timeline?

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Once you think you have uncovered the correct pattern, you find historical events that specifically relate to the text and form a consistent theme. This is how you test the meter.

So, Mattew 24 was spoken the year of Jesus' death, so 30AD + 84 is 114 AD-a Jewish revolt in egypt that prompted a persecution response from Rome. Then 63 years later 177 AD-Christian persecution in the city of Lyons. Then 91 years later 268 AD-Nation rises against Nation in the pivotal Battle of Naissus. Then 133 years later 401 AD-Pope Innocent I (a deciever) claimes a unified Christendom under himself. Finally 84 years later 485 AD-Clovis wins Battle of Soissons and true Christians begin to spread the gospel in France.

The pattern also has to work retroactively, counting backwards from 30 AD, like a mirror image. It's very time consuming. For example, Matt 24:1-2 concludes with the Temple's destruction (@ 84 syllables), and 84 earlier in 54 BC-Crassus sacks the Temple on his way through Jerusalem.

First count syllables looking for complete thoughs totalling at a multiple of 7. The English parsing of the texts is not important. Then see how well the pattern lines up with history.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Sorry, this is fresh research. I dont know of any reputable scholars who know of this, but I have my suspicions that Pope Gregory 13th knew this, and so do "TPTB", but that is an entirely different subject.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb

From my research the metering was simply to make remembering oral tradition easier and also to "proof read" it of some sort. Got a reliable jewish source that mentions it as a timeline?

Try this PDF of Psaml 90. This is what alerted me to the meter.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Seems to cryptic and confusing. lol I'll stick to the holy spirit i think.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

It's not for everyone I guess. It does take time, prayer, and testing to understand it, and it also does resolve the debated issues between preterism and dispensationalism.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   

No offense, but how does it resolve the debate for anyone other than you and others who are able to understand this meter? I am pretty sure Scripture resolves that issue, but do you see my point? From an outside perspective this meter just looks like numbers you have made work it doesn't really hold any weight towards an outsider in a debate. If you truly do have some hidden time meter overlooked by scholars for centuries, then I suggest you use that to give you a deeper understanding of the text and then find information that corroborates with that understanding and try to share the understanding rather than the numbers of the meter. It will do those you talk to more good friend. Or simply share the metered verses that express these understandings without sharing the meter. Thats my opinion anyways cause it really does no good to a laymen like myself.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   

I understand, and thank you for entertaining the conversation. Do you believe some believers still have the gift of vision and prophecy?
edit on 14-6-2015 by BELIEVERpriest because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   

I think the gift of prophecy is probably a bit different from the past. As far as prophetic revelation for the entire body, I think the Bible makes it clear that was up until John, and that in these last days we are spoken to by the Son. The gift to day is much closer to forthtelling(and even in OT this is really what the gift of prophecy was). The greek word translated prophecy or prophesying is prophéteia and it means " the gift of communicating and enforcing revealed truth". The Bible does say "And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:" and I would believe it to be possible but every vision, every proclamation , and dream must compared with Scripture.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Well, up until last year, I thought the post Apostolic Church Age was a time of prophetic silence up until the Rapture. I have since changed that point of view to believing that prophecy will not cease until the Eternal State, when all knowledge is completed.

So, I am watching for (as mentioned earlier) 7/15/2015 (I noticed Jade Helm coincidentally begins on that date) and for a stock market crash on 11/19/2015. I got these dates by applying the meter counting technique to this modern prophecy written in English.

Here.

Counting from 4/9/2015 (date of authorship),

Paragraph 1 totals 98 syllables taking you to 7/15/2015. The context is Satan's strategy against the Church (and Jade Helm is about strategy).

Paragraph 2 totals 126 syllables taking you to the stock market crash on 11/19/2015.

The rest is metered too, but I haven't looked at it in depth yet. She talks about Jesus returning in 2023 too, which places the rapture in 2016. That is what caught my attention. For some reason, all my mysterious calculations seem to reflect her visions. Most of my calculations were done in mid 2012, and most of her visions about the 2nd Advent were done in 2009. I didn't discover her visions until 2013. As far as I can tell, her visions are Biblically sound and they teach the gospel along with the Church's unique position as the Bride of Christ.

I've been testing the spirit of these messages the best I know how and praying about it too. I'm watching this closely. I hope you will watch too.
edit on 14-6-2015 by BELIEVERpriest because: typo

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

See again man major issues with the number game. Here you are counting syllables as days earlier referencing the temple you count the syllables as years. Again I think Scripture is clear that modern revelation for the entire body isn't going on anymore. I will watch the dates out of curiosity though

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Yes, I see your point. Most meters work 1 syllable/year, some use 1 syllable/7 years, and some use both techniques, layered upon eachother. It depends on the context of the passage. Psalm 90 uses both 1syl/year and 1 syl/7 years to focus on near future and distant future. The case of 1 syllable/day is not as prevalent, but I believe it does exist in Genesis 6 or 7 if I remember correctly.

I realize how delusional I sound, but this is based on observation and scriptural context.

I discovered the numbers before I knew the meter existed. It was another researcher's work on Psalm 90 and Isaiah 52-53 that made me realize the numbers existed in the text....the same numbers in that article you sent me a while back with the letter counts in the NT. Its kinda like two strangers sharing the same dream. How can it be mere coincidence?

For now, the proof is in the pudding. Just watch the dates, and judge based on that.
edit on 14-6-2015 by BELIEVERpriest because: spelling

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Out of curiosity, what makes you believe that prophetic revelation for the entire body has ceased? Like I said, I once held that belief, but my interpretation has changed on that subject.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb
a reply to: infolurker

I've looked at that one, but I am not sure what I think about it. I can't decide if I think the guy is stretching a little bit. Post your favorite video on the topic if you don't mind

There are quite a few.

Here are a couple.... note, many believe the Revelation 12 sign is a mid-trib event somehow

Now, if you follow John Shorey's work at all, Revelation 12 is a repeat from an angel's perspective, thus retelling the event which means that is the kick-off.

www.unsealed.org...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

edit on 14-6-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I don't think your delusional man. It just seems like you make stuff fit when it fits though. So you said you thought there was a modern prophet because her work was metered, but yet say your meter count is 1 syllable = 1 year or 1 syllable = 7 years. When you tried to explain the meter in modern prophets work you used 1 syllable = 1 day. An entirely new rule set. Also I don't see a pattern. A pattern would work the same way over and over. You say some areas are metered some are not. The areas that are not metered seem like evidence of no meter. If there is a pattern what is the repeating part because nothing you have said seems to be repeating other than the numbers are multiples of seven ending a complete thought which could occur plenty of times in the Bible accidentally. I'd say most words have 2-3 syllables. Add these numbers over over and plenty of multiples of sevens will show up. The fact this meter doesn't follow through the whole text doesn't seem odd to you? Also nothing about a syllable can tell you which meter count to use. It all seems like it would distract one from the objective meaning of the text.

As for why I believe prophetic revelation for the body:

Luke 16:16
The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

Matthew 11:13
For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.

Hebrews 1:1-2
God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Also I went and revisited Joel which says the Lord will pour out his Spirit on young men and what not, and that seems to be addressed to Israel.

Hebrews 1 is the one that is very clear in my opinion. Prophets in the past, Jesus in the now. As I said I think the gift of prophecy is around, but I believe a person with the gift of prophecy today is a good teacher. The prophets before Christ were revealing that Christ was to come to die for sin and therefore they spoke of future events. Today the prophets job would be to reveal that Christ has came and died for our sins and so would mainly lie in speaking of past events. The prophets have already revealed everything we need to know until the Second Coming in Scripture imo.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I can respect your skepticism in the meter but like I said we'll have to watch those dates. And if the Rapture does occur in 2016 as I believe, then we can continue the debate in heaven.

To address the issue of modern day prophecy,

Luke 16:16 seems to be referencing John the Baptist. We know that at least some in the early Church had the gift of Prophecy, since Paul spoke of the Rapture mystery and John was given Revelation in a vision.

Joel 2:28-32 WAS originally meant for Israel, but it was redirected towards the Church as per Acts 2:17-20. I still believe it will apply to Israel in due time, but the creation of the Church was a detour in history due to Israel's rejection of Christ.

Matt 11:13 is again John the Baptist, but that doesnt mean prophetic revelation was entirely paused.

Hebrews 1:1-2 states that Church revelation comes from the Son, but that doesnt mean visions stopped. Again, the Book of Revelation is evidence of that. In my opinion, Heb 1:1-2 means that the OT prophets recieved revelation from YHWH. That is to say before YHWH became incarnated as the Son of Man. And remember in Acts 21:9, Philip's four daughters had the gift prophecy.

I will mention 1 Corinthians 13:8-10 "Love never fails; but if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away. For now we know in part and prophesy in part; but when the perfect comes, the partial will be done away.

I used to believe the coming of the perfect in 1 Cor 13:10 was the completion of the canon of scripture, but now I see it as being the Eternal State.

So as you can see, I do believe in the possible existence of modern day prophets/prophetesses, but I believe their words should be held under careful biblical scrutiny
edit on 14-6-2015 by BELIEVERpriest because: spelling

top topics

<< 1   >>

join