It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American Revolution was fought by Germans

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
Anyway, so up to 1820, because of King George III, I reason the same power structure ruled both The Holy Roman Empire and the United Kingdom of Great Britain.

I tried to explain to you, and I will try again, that George III did NOT rule over the Holy Roman Empire. He ruled one fragment of it. The house of Hohenzollern in Prussia ruled another fragment. The house of Hapsburg in Austria ruled an even larger fragment.
Let me offer a modern parallel.
NATO is a loose organisation composed of many countries, including the U.S.A, Canada, Italy, Turkey, and so on.
Now supposing, by some odd chance, the Sultan of Dubai was elected President of Turkey. You could then argue, I suppose, that "the same power structure" was ruling both Dubai and Turkey. But it would be a massive and absurd leap to argue that the Sultan of Dubai had become the ruler of NATO. "But Turkey is part of NATO, right? So if he rules Turkey, he rules NATO".
That's exactly the logic you are using when you ramp up "ruling a fragment of Germany" into "ruling Germany".

I can't imagine too much has changed since then. There's not very much time between 1820 and the 1900's.

Then, for heaven's sake, get to know some history. Learn how much change can happen in the LONG period of time occupied by a century or so of historical events.
For a start, you don't seem to be aware that the Holy Roman Empire had been abolished long before George III died. Napoleon did it.
Get to know some history. Find some real books, instead of relying on internet articles and building up imaginary structures on isolated details.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

What do you make of these symbolic associations ... here? (my last post on that page.)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Also I do not know if you can make any claims on who or which countries are sovereign and which are not? How can you know that? From history books?

For example, you can say - 'after the American revolution, the United States became sovereign from Great Britain'.

Really? Can we know that? How so?

How do we know the British descendent George Washington or his cohorts operated autonomously? (and disconnected from Great Britain entirely. The history books will have an accurate depiction of what happened?)

Or how do we know Great Britain became autonomous, and a separate entity from the Holy Roman Empire, or whatever other entity?

Do we even know who the actual people are, who rule and make the decisions (for any said "sovereign" nation)? What if they (those ruling people) have multiple residencies and nationalities? What then?

(before you argue for or against any point - I don't claim to know anything for certain, including that 'synonymous' statement I made. I am trying to learn.. )

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat
Because the alternative to getting information from history is making things up and admiring the pretty patterns which they make.
Coinciding symbols are usually either;
a) The result of genuine historical connections.
E.g. most "eagle" symbols have been imitated at first or second- hand from the Roman Eagle.
or b) The result of the limited number of useful symbols that are available.
E.g. the strength of the lion makes it such an obvious symbol of power that it has been adopted independently by rulers across at least three continents.

The symbol of the International Red Cross is actually an example of both. At first glance, you might be tempted to think "Aha, this is the flag of England". But history tells us that it was, instead, a deliberate reversal of the colours of the flag of Switzerland.

edit on 16-6-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join