It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ItVibrates

No problem with Dirk Hartog Island - geographically or historically - just the "monstrosity sticking out of the side of Western Australia near Dirk Hartog Island".

Have you switched to another reality where you spell his name Dirk Harthog or are you being rude to one of my favourite explorers?
edit on 10-10-2015 by NaomiAus because: extra bitchiness required

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: NaomiAus

Being that Dirk Harthog island is the western most point of Australia--you clearly do have a problem with the island geographically.

"monstrosity sticking out of the side of Western Australia near Dirk Harthog Island"

So how does this translate to your historical memory?. You have given no information other than claiming this particular explorer is "you favorite". Please, if like you claim, the Shark Bay area does not exist in your memory, than you must have some alternate memory of where your "favorite explorer" landed. Or did he not land at all?.

These small points could either: add weight to your claims, or prove you are just trolling, or show you fail to have the cognition to engage in a logical discussion.

If the Shark Bar region does not exist in your "reality" than you must have some alternative for where Dirk Harthog landed--since he is so highly regarded in your memory.
edit on 10-10-2015 by ItVibrates because: GRUB

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: NaomiAus

Oh, did I just remember something?. Too busy thinking about the offal pit outside of Useless Loop, but these guys dont stink as bad...

INTRODUCING THE STROMATOLITES!!!!
en.wikipedia.org...

The oldest living organisms on the planet--located in... Shark Bay, Western Australia!.

Is THIS the "monstrosity" off the coast you are talking of?. Does show some sort of providence to the area, being that they existed before humans???.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
There is a lot of ignorance and intolerance by various individuals in this thread and though not unexpected, it still saddens me .

Im still not sure wether parallel universes exist and I wont offer an opinion on something that I know nothing about . Just a pity that that some amonst us don't act this way.

I remember Australia being totally isolated, with New Zealand being further north.
I remember Greenland being south of the landmass that included the North pole .

To everybody who feel aggrieved by the negative and almost hurtful comments by certain individuals , you have my empathy.

There are mysteries unfolding all the time in this wonderful universe and who knows , maybe the disjointed people will one day be vindicated .

Peace .

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Gideon70

If asking for someone to elaborate on their position is "hurtful" then you really might be in the wrong forums--it tends to be what you can ADD to the discussion, I only see superfluous claims without any detail.

The more detail, the more likely their position is genuine. Sans detail, then its just a "false memory", if you (and others) can not take scrutiny from those that are trying to take the "Mandela" phenomenon seriously--do you really think you have the fortitude to hold your argument against the detractors?.

Harden up princess.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ItVibrates

If asking for someone to elaborate on their position is "hurtful" then you really might be in the wrong forums--it tends to be what you can ADD to the discussion, I only see superfluous claims without any detail.

The more detail, the more likely their position is genuine. Sans detail, then its just a "false memory", if you (and others) can not take scrutiny from those that are trying to take the "Mandela" phenomenon seriously--do you really think you have the fortitude to hold your argument against the detractors?.

Harden up princess.

I just checked and I'm in the right forum.
It's your right to ask people to elaborate on their experience , but it's their right to refrain, else they open themselves up to even further ridicule by pretentious people who think they look intelligent by dropping in the odd French word in their reply.
edit on 10-10-2015 by Gideon70 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Ok, so I wont pester others to elaborate on claims they have made already in this thread. Since you have decided to weigh into this conversation, I'd like to hear from you:

What do you have to add to this discussion on the Mandela Effect? What is your experience? What is your reality? Interview with A vampire or interview with THE vampire? How do you remember the spelling of those darn bears?

Are you here to add to the discourse or just troll it?. Your input is not just welcome, its expected.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Being open minded , I have to honestly say that some people are experiencing a faulty memory . However, I can't help thinking there is more to this subject.
I have no proof either way , but neither do any of us .

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Once again, it is Hartog not Harthog.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Off topic : On more than one occasion in this thread , you have accused people who disagree with you as being " A troll" . Why is that ?

On topic : There are new discoveries happening in quantum physics that may point to the existance of parallel universes .... Im at present studying quantum entanglement.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ItVibrates

originally posted by: iDope
a reply to: EternalSolace

I have talked to many people about 9/11 and nearly half remember seeing the first plane hit and then about an hour later seeing the second plane hit. Yet, there is no footage of the first plane hitting, and none of the people were in New York at the time, so they either imagined the entire event, or, timelines merged. Being affluent in Psychology, memory sucks, even around major events, let alone Berenstein Bears books.

I saw the first plane hit, I cheered. I saw the second plane hit, I didnt cheer as loudly--the realisation that this was a big arse bank-robbery hit in. They were going to rob us all I thought...

I was watching ABC (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) and an episode of Lock Stock was just starting, then it cut to the first plane. The shot was not a hand-held camera, it was taken from a tripod--you could notice the adjustment of the pan. The colour depth to me suggested a 3CCD digital camera, not a single CCD one like my home video camera at the time.

Obviously that is all a false memory???.

There were no live video reports of a plane hitting the first tower. It was many hours after both towers fell that pictures and video recordings of the first plane began to emerge and then broadcast.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: NaomiAus

Once again, it is Hartog not Harthog.

Interview with A vampire or interview the THE vampire?

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I dont know if this is the Mandela effect

but i remember once as a kid i was watching disney movies on video cassette (Yeah, that long ago)

there was a movie in the opening preview, that looked like a studio ghibli movie (in the sense that the artwork appeared japanese)

For all my effort, i cannot remember its name, but a single scene that was in the trailer is all i remember, like its been burned in my memory

I looked through every Studio ghibli movie on record, and none of them had such a scene in their trailers (i even looked at the obscure movies)

So i thought to myself that maybe it wasnt Studio Ghibli... soooo... i looked at a list of movies released in NA... i went through them 1 by 1

and i never found it

But that scene still echoes in my mind from time to time
if my artistic talents hadnt withered away to nothing i could probably draw it frame by frame
edit on 10-10-2015 by Elysian because: Apparently half a whole sentence vanished o.o

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: NaomiAus

originally posted by: pilgrimOmega this link will be of no use

Agreed. Useless.

Try this one - www.dilemna.info...

Do I even need to click it to know that this site is a timeline collision site and does not even bother to examine the mental illness aspect of this phenomenon nor the readily available information on the disparate spellings of dilemma around the world? Does it go into the origins of the word, examine the root word Lemma (not Lemna)?

Or is it just a " I remember it this way, and my memory is infallible, therefore universe collision is happening" site?

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
People - even family & friends - are telling me its ALWAYS been a beautiful day in THIS neighborhood and that I need to get a new hobby or a 2nd boyfriend.

AU CONTRAIRE!

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I remember it pronounced as bear an stain bears but spelled berenstein. That's what trips me out about it haha. Anyone else?

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
My wife and I were talking about how easily her mom bruises, and she was suggesting that she might have some kind of condition. I remembered learning about Capotes disease when I was in highschool. After a google search, it seems that Truman Capote died from liver disease, and their is no reference to Capotes disease?

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Was.just watching 'A Christmas Story'.
He says, "Fragile, it must be__"?
Have I been saying it wring my whole life?

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
How serendipitous.

I walked into my mother's room a couple of weeks ago. She was doing what she does best, sleeping through her TV shows. I heard the familiar whistle of the Andy Griffin Show. However when I looked up to the TV screen it plainly said the Andy Griffith Show.

Now I accepted that I had remember it wrong, but when I asked nearly 20 people, friends, family, and co-workers, "What was the name of the show that had a town called Mayberry, a sheriff, a deputy named Barney Fife and a little boy named Opie?" Every one said, "The Any Griffin Show". I even had them spell the last name and they all swore it was Griffin.

Go figure.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Interesting, interesting
What we need is someone with a photographic memory...
The image of the event or picture is not physical, but stored in their brains...

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join