It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Pimpish

Maybe you get ignored since you assume it is just memory and that there are not other quantum level effects that are noticed by people. A memory can be wrong but a 11:11 synchronicity glitch spanning years and repeating itself continuously kinda proves that reality is what we are told it is.

But then it might be only us weird mystics who play around with meditation and energetic body states that are confused even when quantum physics hint on what is going on, if you logically go down the rabbit hole.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Sounds well thought out; but usually the easiest answer is also the simplest. Have you seen a Volkswagon Rabbit lately? No? Now you will. Wanna know why? I removed a mental filter that normally removes useless information by reminding you they exist. I haven't seen sequenced numbers on a clock in a very long time, but likely I will now via your suggestion...

Many people look at the time and if you ask what time it is right after? They always seem look again before telling you for some reason don't they? The reason? It wasn't really looked at for the time, it was looked at as a gauge to see if it was close to a time they are expecting... if it isn't that time, they didn't really see the time they only made a quick mental calculation to how long from now it is; until then... so instead of seeing 4:41? They look and quickly calculate 3 hours til I have to do blank... so when you ask them what time it is? They have to look again, because they just set their mental clock to buzz 3 hours from the displayed time.

In this way we become very time sensitive in it's passing, like walking to the toaster right as it pops up.... so when given something specific to look for that we usually do not notice? We notice it, all of this doesn't really mean anything special... even though many people have monetized the phenomena by attributing the occurrence as something more than it actually is.

p.s. your description reminded me of Schrondingers cat. As someone very intimately aware of things arising in my sense spheres moment to moment, there are too many possibilities and variables in objective reality that must be rolled on this coin toss. There are no less than 100 uniquely distinctive things surrounding a person at any given moment... the odds of heads or tails on each of those flipping save for one or perhaps two; creates a statistical problem.

Enumerate the number of things around you, then toss a coin that many times and note heads or tails... as nicely tied to quantum entanglement as the theory sounds? It isn't statistically possible in it's current form with a 50/50 to determine if it is the actual or just a representation.

I can save you the trouble... most of what people call and experience in reality is just a conceptual construct resembling a reality because the concept was developed to work under certain rules... if the concept did not work under it's created rules then it would be easily identified as false. For example; math works until you bend the rules for math. Math in reality does not exist outside of the mathematical system. Even though we can write numbers, draw figures, and assign them values? Math doesn't really exist outside of concept. Go find math naturally occurring on it's own in the woods... not there is it? But we take it was completely real and existing because of the tangibility the concept has, this is simply because it was a mental concept that was very well developed to perform a specific function... remove the function it was designed for and it's usefulness vanishes... LxWxH will never find the area of a sphere.

Now consider; how many things we experience that are like the Ol math example? Not existing or useful outside of the conceptual construct they were designed for... that's quite a lot of concept taken as reality when it isn't actually reality... then we run around acting all certain about these conceptual things, live... fight, and die over these conceptual things especially when they get called ideologies... that are also just a mentally created conceptual construct.

So when you go out and look up at the night sky... what do you see? The answer should be something very personal and hardly describable... but it isn't that way is it? Time to start labeling all the conceptual names learned about the things seen in the night sky or listing emotions we identify a feeling with... when asked isn't it? This baseline reality is conceptual and not actual... so congrats on existing in reality and non existing in reality at the same time...

I suppose to really understand this... the coin doesn't actually flip in reality, you do.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I have one.

I saw the first Matrix movie in the theater. I clearly recall a scene where Mr Smith & Nero face each other, and there's a pause in the action while a piece of paper blows between, like a tumbleweed in an old western shootout, and the old west shoot-out music plays for a few seconds, like this:

I am apparently the only person in the world who remembers this. In the theater everyone laughed when it happened - so I always thought it got pulled out before video release because it was too silly and broke the mood of the movie. But when I have mentioned it, even to big fans, people are like "what??"

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Regarding the Berenstain bears...

I remember it as "ein" as well. However, if it WAS spelled Berenstein, everyone would pronounced the second syllable with the vowel sound "eye" like in the well-known name "Stein". I've only ever heard it pronounced as "ay" (like "hay" or "hey"). In this case? I think we say it the way it is spelled, and in our minds we make it what we think it should be, the more familiar spelling of "stein".

As for Billy Graham - I think people are remembering the news stories about his wife passing away, and just confusing it.

Editing: I do have one more weird one. I remember watching the Challenger explode live on television, because my teacher brought in the television and they used a special hookup for us to see it. However, it was my second grade teacher who did this - I remember very clearly her name and face, and her reaction, turning off the TV very fast. But I was in second grade in 1986, definitely not in 1985. My husband pointed out in the past that our ages/grades for when we remember this happening do not correlate properly. I have no explanation for it.
edit on 12-6-2015 by Schkeptick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I'm from the "Mandela Died Years Ago" reality. It's weird. I distinctly remember him dying when I was much younger. Lots of politicians attended his funeral, there were big flowery speeches, it was all over the news for weeks.

Here's another fun one. Anyone remember Sock 'em Boppers? More fun than a pillow fight?

Go ahead and google "Sock 'em Boppers"

ETA: Apparently Sock'Em Boppers were renamed to "Socker Boppers" in the mid 90's. That's one mystery solved!
edit on 12-6-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I take it you didn't bother to read the article or watch the video I posted. See what I mean?

People want to believe their memory is infallible...it's definitely not.

As far as the 11:11 thing, I believe that people who see that time often just happen to look at the clock at that time. You (as in everybody) have an internal body clock, basically. It's called the circadian rhythm. Your body pretty much knows what time it is even if you don't consciously and you look at the clock at 11:11...which by the way, comes around quite consistently so is very easy for your circadian rhythm to time.

I'm sure you completely disagree with that, which is fine. That's just my opinion. By the way, that's the opinion of someone who looks at the clock to find it be 8:04 quite often, and that's because the number 804 has significant meaning to me, not because of some quantum effect.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Schkeptick
Regarding the Berenstain bears...

I remember it as "ein" as well. However, if it WAS spelled Berenstein, everyone would pronounced the second syllable with the vowel sound "eye" like in the well-known name "Stein". I've only ever heard it pronounced as "ay" (like "hay" or "hey"). In this case? I think we say it the way it is spelled, and in our minds we make it what we think it should be, the more familiar spelling of "stein".

I hear the argument that people would have pronounced it like Frankenstein. That would be wrong for my case. I remember reading these books and in my house we had to speak proper. When I heard my mom mispronounce this word i said something about it. That was when I found out Frankenstien is pronounced Frankensteen and everyone is pronouncing it wrong. Go watch the movie young Frankenstien with gene wilder. He keeps saying "it's steen Frankensteen"

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

edit on 12-6-2015 by KalElofKrypton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I'm familiar with the Berenstein Bear's portion of this (I too remember it being 'stein') but I had never heard of people believing Australia was in a different place. After I read your post I thought "Australia IS in the middle of nowhere!". Well then I pulled up a map, and I'll be danged if Australia doesn't seem quite a bit closer to Papa New Guinea and Indonesia than I remember! Weird. But I've got to chalk that up to bad memory or something else until I hear more people have those same memories.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness

I suppose to really understand this... the coin doesn't actually flip in reality, you do.

Reminds me of a scene from The Matrix when Neo is talking to the gifted child at the oracles residence. Neo is trying to bend the spoon with his mind:

Spoon boy: Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.
Neo: What truth?
Spoon boy: There is no spoon.
Neo: There is no spoon?
Spoon boy: Then you'll see, that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness
It is a very interesting phenomena. I have a theory that we heard the pronunciation as "stein" before we ever heard it as "stain" and simply became mind blind to it... just accepting it as "stein" until the difference got pointed out, and our mind stop short cutting over it and actually saw it. I personally, would have sworn it was "stein" myself as that's how I always heard it pronounced.

This same phenomena, is what causes people taught to read using phonics to have issues with spelling. Hearing and seeing words can be very dissimilar. For example... if you never saw this word: Colonel would you think it was pronounced Kernel? If you only heard it spoken as it sounds: Kernel, would you attempt to start spelling it like it was a colonist of the new world colonial? Which happens to be how many people try to pronounce colonel having never seen it before...

Sounds silly... but our mind does a lot of filtering. Not to mention the Berenstain Bears books never said their last name in it... it was just on the cover, making it's occurrence even easier to pass right on by with our filter.

Here's another example of the filter phenomena:

aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervy lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

NO ONE is going to mispronounce Stain, Stein...Sorry... People often mispronounce stein versus stien, but never stain versus stein....

Jaden

I also remember Nelson Mandela dieing in prison, and a completely different ending to who framed roger rabbit. I can't even watch the movie any more because it trips me out.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I just remembered another incident that happened a couple of years ago. I got stuck in traffic and took a detour. I'm pretty familiar with the back roads around my area and can navigate without without issue. While I was traveling, I came across a very small, not even a city block long, town that looked like it was lost in time from the early 1900-1910. I thought the area was beautiful and always wanted to visit it properly and take some photographs.

Back in March of this year, I retraced my route in search of this place, and could not find it. I systematically explored every road upwards of 20 miles out, and could not find this place again. I asked a couple of officers about the place, and they couldn't think of any town in the area.

But I distinctly remember driving through it.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

This is like The Man From Taured, it's a very interesting read.

When they asked him for his country of origin, things became strange. He casually stated that he was from Taured, on the border between France and Spain. The officials told him that Taured didn’t exist, but he presented them with his passport—issued by the nonexistent country of Taured—which also showed visa stamps corroborating his previous business travels to Japan and other countries

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rexamus
I'm familiar with the Berenstein Bear's portion of this (I too remember it being 'stein') but I had never heard of people believing Australia was in a different place. After I read your post I thought "Australia IS in the middle of nowhere!". Well then I pulled up a map, and I'll be danged if Australia doesn't seem quite a bit closer to Papa New Guinea and Indonesia than I remember! Weird. But I've got to chalk that up to bad memory or something else until I hear more people have those same memories.

I remember Australia being by itself as well, and New Zealand not being where it is.

Jaden

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I have one.

I saw the first Matrix movie in the theater. I clearly recall a scene where Mr Smith & Nero face each other, and there's a pause in the action while a piece of paper blows between, like a tumbleweed in an old western shootout, and the old west shoot-out music plays for a few seconds, like this:

I am apparently the only person in the world who remembers this. In the theater everyone laughed when it happened - so I always thought it got pulled out before video release because it was too silly and broke the mood of the movie. But when I have mentioned it, even to big fans, people are like "what??"

Wait what? That DID happen... I remember that... Are you telling me that wasn't actually in there? I have to go watch that movie again!

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Manula

Useless thread, i guess, who cares about mandela effect.

Okay... I'll bite.

Useless post, I guess. Who cares about your personal opinion? Obviously the people here that have shared their experiences find it interesting. What isn't interesting is your obnoxious comment.
edit on 6/12/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

I have one.

Wait what? That DID happen... I remember that... Are you telling me that wasn't actually in there? I have to go watch that movie again!

Here is the scene, the paper blows through Neo and Agent Smith and a 'rattlesnake' kind of instrument plays not unlike what you would hear in a western. I'd normally say maybe you are remembering incorrectly but you say the audience was laughing, maybe it was cheesy? Or perhaps the person behind the projector was laid off and decided to play the original western music for a joke or it is indeed a reality shift.

The specific scene we are discussing begins roughly at 0:53.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Uh Oh, you fed the troll!

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Just trollin around, dont panic

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join